2016 Cup of China Pairs FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Pairs FS

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Highlight: Zhang being seriously pissed with himself after the fall.
Poor competition regarding SBS jumps.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm firing GB and putting him back in his box and away in the basement before NHK. He was no help.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
OMG! I seriously doubt how I/M got a medal with that skating! At least they shouldn't rank No. 3 in FS! such a messy skate, kind of a insult to medals.

apple123

On the Ice
I/M doesn't deserve the medal. None of their FS elements are even close to clean and they got 120 for the complete failure! What's wrong with the judges? Their twist with a messy landing got 7.1?Seriously?

qwertyskates

Medalist
This is one of the worst Pairs FS I've set eyes on...not a single clean program and the standards weren't that high either, no quads, fancy choreography, etc.:(

Now I realize one of the reasons I don't like Pairs as much is the lack of variety - all 4 final pairs had interchangeable programs.:dev2:

I hope they get more creative with music and choreography leading up to the Olympics.

TGee

Record Breaker
OMG! I seriously doubt how I/M got a medal with that skating! At least they shouldn't rank No. 3 in FS! such a messy skate, kind of a insult to medals.

Well, after a fairly long time reviewing the video, the judging panel still felt they had about half s point more on the TES....

On the PCS, their FS was a hot mess, but there was a whole lot more expression in it. Not sure the choice for all three Chinese pairs to go with lyrical programs served Wang and Wang well....And I suspect it was a federation or coach choice....after all David Wilson was also the choreographer for Luba and Dylan...

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I am screaming at how they give toy cars with the bouquets, Yu's reaction is like ok what do I do with this

LadyB

Record Breaker
Really sad for Yuko and Sasha, but I have to say that none of their programmes thrill me this season. Especially the FS. It's an awful thing to say, since I really want them on the podium at some stage.

TGee

Record Breaker
This is one of the worst Pairs FS I've set eyes on...not a single clean program and the standards weren't that high either, no quads, fancy choreography, etc.:(

Now I realize one of the reasons I don't like Pairs as much is the lack of variety - all 4 final pairs had interchangeable programs.:dev2:

I hope they get more creative with music and choreography leading up to the Olympics.

All four of the top pairs had the same choreographer David Wilson...

Perhaps folks in a few federations and coaching teams should consider that before next season?....

I note that Luba and Dylan's SP tango had MF Dubreuil as part choreography team....It's working better for them, and really gives them something to express.....

qwertyskates

Medalist
All four of the top pairs had the same choreographer David Wilson...

Perhaps folks in a few federations and coaching teams should consider that before next season?....

I note that Luba and Dylan's SP tango had MF Dubreuil as part choreography team....It's working better for them, and really gives them something to express.....

No wonder...but Wilson could have at least picked a more interesting music...I'd like to see some different interpretation, with something like Delilah, for example.:laugh:

I'd go to Charlie White tbh, if I'm shopping for a Pairs program. Chinese Fed should pay attention!