2016 Cup of China Pairs SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Pairs SP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It was going so well for them and then the throw...

This music though...:hopeless:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think the twist may have lowered their score...
dM/G underscored ... sorry!!

also... last comment here for people in doubt of I/M...

don't forget to look at their th3Lz.... don't think any other pair tried anything else but the th3Lo...

their death spiral also usually gives them huge points...

and of course, the refinement of the programs is definitely above the other teams...

i have typed enough in one night.... BYE :)

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I don't like this program but I like that they chose an MJ song that no one really uses. I do love this song though.

apple123

On the Ice
I/M had a big mistake on jumps and their twists and lifts are not of the best quality. The whole program is quite boring and doesn't have charms like P/J or even W/W. I don't know how they are second now.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
All those upset by the Chinese Fed proving them wrong can have a celebratory party together. :dance::party2::hb::dance3:

I'll eat my words too. This switch up was so good! We'll wait for the FS of P/J, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Both contrasting teams that play to their stylistic strengths.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
8 Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER)

Music: They Don't Care About Us by Michael Jackson

Black costumes, gold strap details

3Tw - bit low
3T
5RLi
3FTh - fall
BiDs
FCCoSp
StSq

Mixed skate, she shrugs

SP: 33.16+28.72-1.00 = 60.88 (SB), 7/8

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
All those upset by the Chinese Fed proving them wrong can have a celebratory party together. :dance::party2::hb::dance3:

My only concern is Xiaoyu YU though. Once Zhang retires (like - after the Olympics) where will she go from there? With Jin she had a potentially long and successful career in front of her

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I/M had a big mistake on jumps and their twists and lifts are not of the best quality. The whole program is quite boring and doesn't have charms like P/J or even W/W. I don't know how they are second now.

i will give you that they made a mistake on the SBS jumps... I'd agree also on the spins... but what I bolded? one comment : :eeking:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

I would have them behind P/J... with P/J a bit higher than 70.

But I disagree, they are definitely charming and their lifts have good ice coverage and interesting positions.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
My only concern is Xiaoyu YU though. Once Zhang retires (like - after the Olympics) where will she go from there? With Jin she had a potentially long and successful career in front of her

He wants to go until 2022 so no worries for another 6 years, lol.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well a bit of a low note to end on but overall this competition was absolutely fantastic. Really fantastic skating all around! :cheer:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'll eat my words too. This switch up was so good! We'll wait for the FS of P/J, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Both contrasting teams that play to their stylistic strengths.

Well, it was clear that Peng was happy with switch from the beginning, it was Xiaoyu Yu who was unhappy with a change and she wasn't half as happy as Cheng in K&C even though they got high score.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
He wants to go until 2022 so no worries for another 6 years, lol.

Really? Well that would be great then for her :)
Assuming she won't start having pressure-issues in landing her jumps and gets the same fate at Dan Zhang and Cheng Peng.
I really think she is immensely talented and I would love to see her transform like Peng did

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
maybe she'll console herself with her olympic medal? or maybe Zhang won't retire yet? He is only 32 which is quite young in Chinese pair skater terms!!
No serious, I do feel for Yu too because her opinion/feelings were completely disregarded in the switch and she is a LOVELY skater that deserves to shine but really I think that switch is beneficial for her too.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Zhang wants to skate at the home Olympics in 2022. Yu meanwhile can have a great career with a great male skater that's hard to come by. She's much better off than many talented non Chinese Pairs and Dance skaters without partners.

Meanwhile Peng is shining and developing her potential that the Chinese Fed saw in her when they picked her out for Zhang. Hongbo thought hard about the switch for 6 months and he understood very well the importance of good connection in a partnership.