2016 Rio: Olympic Diving | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Olympic Diving

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i'm pretty sure he retired :) but i could be wrong... didn't check

sigh canada... they were crying... and jennifer took the blame for the last dive she missed but the truth is that they lost so many points on the basic dives... sigh sigh sigh...i was happy for tania though... 5th olympics... about time she gets her first medal.
He Chong won't participate? I missed this news :eek:hwell:

Today first medals in women's 3m sincro!!

Amazing duo Shi Tingmao - Wu Minxia for gold. Then CAN, AUS, ITA for silver and bronze. I think Canada is a bit favourite but... GO TANIA!! GO FRANCY!! End your careers with no regrets!! :points:

alebi

Medalist
Yes the first two dives (compulsory? I don't know which is the official term, we call them obbligatori :scratch3:) are often underestimated, but they usually make the different at the end, especially when you lose by 1 point, 20 tenths or... 9 cents!! :palmf:

Honestly Abel didn't dive so good.. I'm worried she'll be very angry during single competition... :scard8:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the canadians only had 1 good dive... but again, that tells you how strong they usually are... since they lost a medal by less than a point messing up.. i guess they were nervous. Ware is from my hometown (and it's small) so I was even sadder for her... I hope they both get to the finals in individual 3M... and moreover, I hope that our other girls (10 M synchro) do not choke... they were all watching and you could see the tension....I'd say the Australian got lucky today, especially since the Malaysian could also have done better.... it was for me, aside from the Chinese, quite disappointing to watch...
Yes the first two dives (compulsory? I don't know which is the official term, we call them obbligatori :scratch3:) are often underestimated, but they usually make the different at the end, especially when you lose by 1 point, 20 tenths or... 9 cents!! :palmf:

Honestly Abel didn't dive so good.. I'm worried she'll be very angry during single competition... :scard8:

alebi

Medalist
the canadians only had 1 good dive... but again, that tells you how strong they usually are... since they lost a medal by less than a point messing up.. i guess they were nervous. Ware is from my hometown (and it's small) so I was even sadder for her... I hope they both get to the finals in individual 3M... and moreover, I hope that our other girls (10 M synchro) do not choke... they were all watching and you could see the tension....I'd say the Australian got lucky today, especially since the Malaysian could also have done better.... it was for me, aside from the Chinese, quite disappointing to watch...

I totally agree about Canadian team, in fact for me they were the favourite for silver. And Abel is the only one right now who can compete with the Chinese girls, so it was a bit disappointing to watch her so... "sufficient".
Want to know a funny thing? Yesterday our women's team in archery got the 4th place (after throwing away the semifinal) and in the team there is a girl from my town, which is very small too... so I empathise with you :)

thoakun

Final Flight
Haven't watched diving in ages. I didn't know that diving is so popular. I often think of it as esoteric as archery or fencing.It was a pleasure to watch the 1st event- thought the Malaysian could have snatched bronze, Canadian silver.

alebi

Medalist
And today there is the men's 10m platform synchro!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Sasha Klein :luv17:
Thomas Daley :drama:
WAIT!!!!!! No Qiu Bo?????? :shocked:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I will cheer for Mexican duo! But from Europeans this year I can see British duo winning gold, though it won't be easy.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Mexico will have the acclimatization advantage. I hope they get Mexico's first gold in this Olympics :agree:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm so ready for the Diving to start, it's 10 m sync is one of my favorite events. Will be cheering for everybody. :yahoo:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
My my my. The same sex Pairs Men diving! The briefest briefs and their adjustments, the cleavages, the hugging...... Love the Americans' pink and mauve towels and jumping into the whirlpool together.

Incredible synchronized Gold medal performances from the Chinese, Women and Men.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My my my. The same sex Pairs Men diving! The briefest briefs and their adjustments, the cleavages, the hugging...... Love the Americans' pink and mauve towels and jumping into the whirlpool together.

Incredible synchronized Gold medal performances from the Chinese, Women and Men.

:confused:
I don't understand. Does any of this comment have anything to do with *diving*?

Gilles Vigneault would not be proud :(

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:confused:
I don't understand. Does any of this comment have anything to do with *diving*?

Gilles Vigneault would not be proud :(

Should I move to costume discussion and friendship threads?

The Chinese have incredible synchronization, rip entries and DD. Everybody should find and take the same drugs.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree, the Chinese rock at synchro:clap: I am also happy for Sreele Johnson, coming back from that injury, and glad to see the Brits take bronze. All medals well deserved:gclap:

alebi

Medalist
To me, Germans deserved the bronze. Both GER and GBR were not perfect, but GBR votes were a bit too much higher even with errors (and I like both, I'm not biased). Chinese were breathtaking!!! Their 4 1/2 is one of the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!! And Boudia dived terrifically, he's ready for the single competition. But his young partner was the biggest surprise!! :clapper:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Chinese Men were amazing! :love: But Mexican duo didn't do well :cry: I gues they wanted to win with difficulty, but execution was simply poor in some of the jumps.... Congrats to all medalists! Frankly I thought Germans would win bronze till last seconds too, but I'm not an expert.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
omy... the north koreans missing the last dive... kinda reverse karma for canada who gets the bronze they didn't get the other day... omy....

s_parks

Record Breaker
The Chinese men were amazing- particularly the 4.5. You couldn't find a flaw on that one if you tried.