2016 Rio: Olympic Diving | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Olympic Diving

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I watched. Again some notes were questionable for me. But congrats to Brits! USA Men were great too! I was a little dissapointed at Chinese and Russians. Can anyone tell me what was going on with Mexican Duo? I understand very few Russian words, so I'm quite clueless about the drama.

alebi

Medalist
Impressive, but that's only quali. Main competition is a lot more stressfull.

yes it's true and Abel often makes some errors under pressure. But the talent is there. To be honest He Zi and Shi Tingmao are two very consistent divers and they both know when they can take it easy and when do seriously

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching the girls springboard on NBC. Shi Tingmao makes such a little splash I wouldn't be surprised if she got out of the water completely dry :p

#TeamKassidy :dance2:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Go Julia Prokopchuk! Save the honour of Ukrainian diving! :cheer:

alebi

Medalist
I hope this is the last time that an Olympic diving competition is held in a roofless pool

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I hope this is the last time that an Olympic diving competition is held in a roofless pool

I think Japanese will be better organizers. Not to mention the crowd...

I wonder how will competition go between Chinese and North Korean :popcorn:

alebi

Medalist
I think Japanese will be better organizers. Not to mention the crowd...

I wonder how will competition go between Chinese and North Korean :popcorn:

I've never seen so many disasters like in these qualification rounds... The wind, the natural light that changes continuously, the cold and then warm and then cold weather....
Not to mention the dirty water.... :hopelessness:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I've never seen so many disasters like in these qualification rounds... The wind, the natural light that changes continuously, the cold and then warm and then cold weather....
Not to mention the dirty water.... :hopelessness:

I guess FINA would have to classify Diving as indoor discipline to make sure the situation won't be repeated again. I agree that lightning matter a lot. And temperature. So yeah, poor divers, they have changing conditions all the time.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Chances for Julia to be in final are almost nothing. One bad dive and.... :cry:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have never followed diving. So, I haven't been paying any attention to it at these Olympics.

But, I just found out today that the guy that partnered Tom Daley to the Bronze medal in the 10m Platform Synchronised Diving is from a Northen Ireland family!!!

So, I would just like to take this opportunity to congratulate Daniel Goodfellow on winning our first, and so far only, medal in Rio!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

Daniel may not be getting the publicity his achievement deserves, either here in Northern Ireland or over in England. But we are still really proud of him.

:cheer: WELL DONE DANIEL!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Duality

On the Ice
I have never followed diving. So, I haven't been paying any attention to it at these Olympics.

But, I just found out today that the guy that partnered Tom Daley to the Bronze medal in the 10m Platform Synchronised Diving is from a Northen Ireland family!!!

So, I would just like to take this opportunity to congratulate Daniel Goodfellow on winning our first, and so far only, medal in Rio!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

Daniel may not be getting the publicity his achievement deserves, either here in Northern Ireland or over in England. But we are still really proud of him.

:cheer: WELL DONE DANIEL!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

I don't know much about Daniel but he looks so handsome, a little shy, serious and cute at the same time that I can't help liking him:eek::

And congratulations to Jack Laugher! What a great success at these Games! And to think about it he was the 12th in semifinal but still managed to concentrate and to get the silver medal.

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
At least a pair of the new Olympic champion dives deserved all 10s!!! Come on judges, what do you want ?! :angry2:

alebi

Medalist
I'm so sorry for Tommy...... And maybe it'll be his last competition. So sad to end a glorious career this way

dreamsk8

On the Ice
Tom Daley in the preliminary round was spot on amazing but ugh 18th in the semifinal and out :hopelessness: