2016 Rio: Volleyball | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Volleyball

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd enjoy seeing a team of athletes return the favor and just boo the crowd :p

I agree though...booing is just so sad to see and goes against the sprit of the Olympics.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
As expected, Russia easy 3-0 with Canada.

Poland must win today :dev2: I need cheering up.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well, I am not surprised with the result.... finishing second of the group killed canada in volleyball... such as finishing first in football (women) this time because the bracket was done stupidly...

alebi

Medalist

I'm watching right now

edit: Poland needs to be more patient, stay focused in defence and don't try to close the point in any circumnstances... USA is not doing nothing special... Come on!

edit2: BTW Russel is always a pleasure to watch [emoji14]

Inviato dal mio B1-A71 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I had not see the match and maybe it's better for my nerves. My dad told me that he doesn't know how we lost the second set. It's a bad day for Poland...
All that left for me is hoping that Italy will win Olympics. Forza Azzuri!

alebi

Medalist
I had not see the match and maybe it's better for my nerves. My dad told me that he doesn't know how we lost the second set. It's a bad day for Poland...
All that left for me is hoping that Italy will win Olympics. Forza Azzuri!
aaawwww thank you, i'm too nervous right now.... And as expected we have all the audience against

Inviato dal mio B1-A71 utilizzando Tapatalk

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
aaawwww thank you, i'm too nervous right now.... And as expected we have all the audience against

I think I mentioned it before that I always cheer for Italy after Poland, no need to thank me :) Don't worry about the audience. It's Argentina that need to worry, and even they are not completely without chances.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm completely OK with booing if the target is a drug cheat, because I think the spectators/fans need to let the federations know how they feel.

But it's completely off-base to boo a competitor whose only crime is to try to fairly beat the competition.

The Brazilians are starting to get a bad name. The way they acted towards the French pole vaulter, simply because he wouldn't lay down and let the Brazilian win, is inexcusable.

We saw it a little bit of variation in gymnastics... they loudly and robustly cheered every landing hop Sam Mikulak made on his floor routine.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i agree with your post.... i think it's getting much... canada was booed in volleyball when they took the first set ... every time they were serving.... it was just extremely aggravating ..... i cannot imagine the women's football bronze medal game tomorrow... what will brazil do to my canadian gals? :(
I'm completely OK with booing if the target is a drug cheat, because I think the spectators/fans need to let the federations know how they feel.

But it's completely off-base to boo a competitor whose only crime is to try to fairly beat the competition.

The Brazilians are starting to get a bad name. The way they acted towards the French pole vaulter, simply because he wouldn't lay down and let the Brazilian win, is inexcusable.

We saw it a little bit of variation in gymnastics... they loudly and robustly cheered every landing hop Sam Mikulak made on his floor routine.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Men's beach volleyball Netherlands vs. Brazil yesterday was also kind of ridiculous :rolleye: the Dutch guys committed the ultimate sin of playing against the home team, so of course they got booed every time they merely touched the ball. I just watched the women's match for third place, Brazil vs. USA, and I was already getting really tired of the booing again :rolleye: but the commentators were more like, oh this isn't too bad, they actually dialed it down a bit, this has been much worse last week.
The women's final is up next. Germany vs. Brazil :sarcasm: Let's see if I'll regret it that I'm awake at this unholy hour to witness this.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At the rate this is going, I'm not sure Brazil is a fit locale for major international sporting events.

alebi

Medalist
Russia is always the same. They sleep when it's easy and then they start to play. But both teams, Russia and Brazil, are not irresistible, at least not at the level someone is expecting. This is the same match that gave the gold medal in London, where Brazil was leading 2-0 and then Russia won... let's see how the Brazilian will react.

Just a note: 3 out of 4 teams from group A are now in semis (and I'm so worried about my team, since they beat those teams and they'll want a revenge for sure :hopelessness: )

And Italy didn't play well with Iran... first set was a collection of serving errors (I remember 11-12 only in the first set), we let the Iranians play point by point, worst strategy with them. Tension? End of the dream?

I'm looking too anxious :hpull:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Russia is always the same. They sleep when it's easy and then they start to play. But both teams, Russia and Brazil, are not irresistible, at least not at the level someone is expecting. This is the same match that gave the gold medal in London, where Brazil was leading 2-0 and then Russia won... let's see how the Brazilian will react.

Just a note: 3 out of 4 teams from group A are now in semis (and I'm so worried about my team, since they beat those teams and they'll want a revenge for sure :hopelessness: )

And Italy didn't play well with Iran... first set was a collection of serving errors (I remember 11-12 only in the first set), we let the Iranians play point by point, worst strategy with them. Tension? End of the dream?

I'm looking too anxious :hpull:

They started TV coverage only from second set, so I didn't see the first one. But in second one and third they controlled the game. Juantorena make it possible for the Final! :hap10:

sneakers

Match Penalty
I'm betting on Russia, even tough I'm not a fan of them.

I still think its a mistake they left Markin off the Olympics team
they were scared his meldonium cause would invalidate the team, even when their cases have been dropped and it is not considered doping, they extended the threshold until October, duh.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Im more concerned of the crowds reaction and tactics.

Yesterday in Women Beach Volleyball German Ladies have won with Brazil in Finals. The crowd won't win the match for Brazil, rest assured. They will need to play really well to beat Russia.

I still think its a mistake they left Markin off the Olympics team
they were scared his meldonium cause would invalidate the team, even when their cases have been dropped and it is not considered doping, they extended the threshold until October, duh.

I guess it was "better safe than sorry". Considering what they had been trying with Klishina, I can understand that. And Russia is good enough to win Olympics anyway. I wonder, has any team ever defended their Olympics title?

EDIT: I checked, and yes, Soviet Union and USA once did.

Last edited: