2016 Skate Canada Men's LP | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's LP

eta

Medalist
I don't care if he loses, he lost Boston fair and square. But it sucks big time to lose like this. And that's Skate Chanada.

Seriously, why does Hanyu keep coming here? He needs a change. France is lovely. And he won't have to suffer this nonsense.

China is nice too. Massive number of fans there. Surely the collision won't happen again.

begin

Medalist
I feel like Trump invaded this forum with all this rigged accusations

What exactly are you arguing that Hanyu deserved 4 point PCS OVER Chan? Which is the only way he would have won?

Seriously! What's up with the overkill comments here as if Yuzu suffered the greatest robbery in figure skating history? I think fans need to get out of the echo chamber and realize their faves are always that great.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't care if he loses, he lost Boston fair and square. But it sucks big time to lose like this. And that's Skate Chanada.

Seriously, why does Hanyu keep coming here? He needs a change. France is lovely. And he won't have to suffer this nonsense.

I always assumed it was the lack of having to travel across the world twice? Since NHK is always a given, and he trains in Canada. Maybe go for Skate America next year?

qwertyskates

Medalist
Once the door (90 PCS points or whatever else) is opened it should be opened for everybody who deserves it! It's not some elusive club where only vets can get in ;)

You can say that about the 80s club, etc..but all of them *had* to earn it the hard way. I don't know why the handful of new juniors should be given "special" treatment.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe there's no more secret judging, but they don't want you to check. Both the PAIRS and MEN protocols are blank when you try to get them.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I always assumed it was the lack of having to travel across the world twice? Since NHK is always a given, and he trains in Canada. Maybe go for Skate America next year?

Probably but yes, that has to be better. Or CoC as eta suggested above.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Patrick's program just tugs my heart. The way he weaves himself onto the ice is heavenly.

Yuzu, on the other hand, I was expecting a bit more of from his choreograpy. It lacks the dynamo that fit's Yuzu's skating style. It seems disjointed too.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't think he has a choice. Nobody gets to pick their events. At least I don't think they do

The top seeds usually get to pick other than their home event. I believe Hanyu chooses SC because it's close to his training club and it's not back to back with NHK. Head to head competitions with Chan at SC have done him a lot of good, spurring him on to win the bigger events.

begin

Medalist
Maybe there's no more secret judging, but they don't want you to check. Both the PAIRS and MEN protocols are blank when you try to get them.

#conspiracytheory

The Men's protocols are being adjusted for Grant's scores are being fixed. I have no problem seeing the pairs protocol...

eta

Medalist
I feel like Trump invaded this forum with all this rigged accusations

What exactly are you arguing that Hanyu deserved 4 point PCS OVER Chan? Which is the only way he would have won?

:hijacked:Who said anything about 4 PCS? That is NOT "the only way he would have won." Been grading math and stats exams for the past few weeks and can't help but point that out sorry.

Sackie

Medalist
The hold up for the men's is because of a USA skater! And the pairs was there right after they finished I had a look at them!

Sackie

Medalist
#conspiracytheory

The Men's protocols are being adjusted for Grant's scores are being fixed. I have no problem seeing the pairs protocol...
ItS just the usual poster trying to down any comp held in Canada! 😄

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am not even mad lmao :laugh: I knew before hand Yuzuru could only get silver at Skate Chanada. It's traditional already. I am just glad his mentality isn't as bad as I thought. I was afraid that he would mess up horribly but he did ok enough. At least he won the free.

Yuzu: any splat you can do I can splat better!
Patrick: I can pop any jump better than you!