2016 South Korea Ranking Comp, Oct 14-16 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 South Korea Ranking Comp, Oct 14-16

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
EEEEYYY

Eunsoo has the highest FS score. :eeking:
Ahh the possibilities running in my head now. :drama: Oh well, there is Nationals to await for. Great job to the ladies despite of the mistakes. Soyoun better be off to US soon! :peace::ghug:

clippers8200

On the Ice
I don't know what's wrong with SY's flip lately :( Her balance during the rotation just seems to be perpetually off. Her expression is definitely better though and I hope she's ready technically for SA. If her 3-3 stabilizes, it'd be great to have it come back to her FS.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Senior Ladies Final Results! https://mobile.twitter.com/heeyuhee/status/787543683151175680/photo/1
1 Young You 181.42
2 Na hyun Kim 180.66
3 Eunsoo Lim 174.57
4 So youn Park 172.11
5 Dabin Choi 171.65

I think Ye lim is 6th..

And they corrected scores of Young again. I heard that they deducted -2.00 for Young`s clothes feather is on ice, but then corrected that deduction into -1.00, so she is the winner.;)

Congrats to all the medalists!!:love:

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
1. Young YOU 181.42
2. Na Hyun KIM 180.66
3. Eunsoo LIM 174.57
4. So Youn PARK 172.11
5. Dabin CHOI 171.65
6. Ye Lim KIM 170.34
7. Yun Kyung KAM 163.27
8. So Hyun AN 162.60
9. Hyun Soo LEE 157.32
10. Hanul KIM 156.45

Rinchan

Rinkside
Someone, explain me please what happened??? First you youbg was first, then they give her 2 deductiins (i guess one for the piece of dress that fell... the other??) So i thoyght that Nahyun was going to win.... and now You is first again? Not that Im unhappy with that, its just so confusing!!
And Im heartbroken for both Dabin and Soyoun!
Dabin seemed clean but i guess there were some under rotation, still the score seemed a bit strict to me.
So youn, you are a goddess on ice, she has this special soul while she skates. Her presentation became so much more refined and overall this is a step in the right direction! I hope she can handle with all the fatigue and have a good outing at skate America. Overall 4th, not bad.
Nahyun was also extra special!! Loved every minute of her performace! Go girl, you are amazing!
Im also very happy for Eunsoo, going from 10th in the sp to 1st in the fs, amazing. She was so light and delicate onthe ice. What a performance, and she is just 13!!!!

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Someone, explain me please what happened??? First you youbg was first, then they give her 2 deductiins (i guess one for the piece of dress that fell... the other??) So i thoyght that Nahyun was going to win.... and now You is first again? Not that Im unhappy with that, its just so confusing!!
And Im heartbroken for both Dabin and Soyoun!
Dabin seemed clean but i guess there were some under rotation, still the score seemed a bit strict to me.
So youn, you are a goddess on ice, she has this special soul while she skates. Her presentation became so much more refined and overall this is a step in the right direction! I hope she can handle with all the fatigue and have a good outing at skate America. Overall 4th, not bad.
Nahyun was also extra special!! Loved every minute of her performace! Go girl, you are amazing!
Im also very happy for Eunsoo, going from 10th in the sp to 1st in the fs, amazing. She was so light and delicate onthe ice. What a performance, and she is just 13!!!!

Read my post up there:laugh:

Rinchan

Rinkside
Senior Ladies Final Results! https://mobile.twitter.com/heeyuhee/status/787543683151175680/photo/1
1 Young You 181.42
2 Na hyun Kim 180.66
3 Eunsoo Lim 174.57
4 So youn Park 172.11
5 Dabin Choi 171.65

I think Ye lim is 6th..

And they corrected scores of Young again. I heard that they deducted -2.00 for Young`s clothes feather is on ice, but then corrected that deduction into -1.00, so she is the winner.;)

Congrats to all the medalists!!:love:

I see, so they wrongly gave her a double deduction! Thank you Hailey ^^

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Young is definitely still getting the nod from the judges to be the top skater. I'm not saying that in a mean/negative way as I see that Eunsoo and Yelim are also getting pushed forward by them too. I just hope they don't
put aside Soyoun, Dabin and Nahyun. Those 3 are the ones that will be competing for 2018 Olympic spots.

Last edited:

clippers8200

On the Ice
Young is definitely still getting the nod from the judges to be the top skater. I'm not saying that in a mean/negative way as I see that Eunsoo and Yelim are also getting pushed forward by them too. I just hope they don't
put aside Soyoun, Dabin and Nahyun. Those 3 are the ones that will be competing for 2018 Olympic spots.

I really wonder who will get the nod for the Olympics. I never thought it was possible a couple of months ago, but Nahyun has a real shot if she keeps up her consistency and can fit in a 3T somewhere.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Can't wait for videos!! :cheer:

To be honest, I'm kinda worried about all the Korean athletes. The Olympics are in their home country so having just one spot for each discipline would be a bit disappointing.

Ladies were doing well with two spots but that dropped down to one this year so one person MUST be in the top 10 at this season's Worlds. I say that if Na Hyun continues her good performance streak and is absolutely clean at Worlds for both programs she will have a chance. Da Bin is consistent, but she gets URs sometimes and her PCS is never that high so I'm not sure about her. So Youn is the most experienced one and she is talented in many areas of her skating but we all know how inconsistency has brought her down a lot...

As for men, both Jin Seo and June Hyoung are inconsistent. June Hyoung usually does good enough for Nationals to get that Worlds spot but then has a disaster internationally. Jin Seo is not as inconsistent as June Hyoung but still is dropping in the standings. Jun Hwan is eligible for the Olympics but (I think) not for Worlds this season so we can't rely on him to help get the spots...

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Senior Men FS Livescoring
group1
#1 Se jong Byun 155.10 too much mistakes..
#2 Geon hyoung An No scores due to system problemm... some pops there, but enjoyable program. he missed jgp ticket this season, hope he grabs it next.
#3 Sung hoon Park 174.68 Did really well, 3Lz-3Lo(maybe<) and 3F-3Lo(?). only mistake at axel. Current 1st
#4 Dong won Lee 168.34 Nicely done, despite some mistakes.:) Current 2nd

micnow

Rinkside
Can't wait for videos!! :cheer:

Ladies were doing well with two spots but that dropped down to one this year so one person MUST be in the top 10 at this season's Worlds. I say that if Na Hyun continues her good performance streak and is absolutely clean at Worlds for both programs she will have a chance.

For earning two spots in the olympics next year, the sole korean entry (whoever it will be) this season at words has to beat at least two of the russian/japanese/us/canadian ladies and all the rest to get into top 10. That is very tough.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
# 7 Jun hwan Cha 242.44 wow he seems like clean... some rough landings though, and some jumps can be under rotated. But BEAUTIFUL performance!!:love: Current 1st

Hailey Shin

Medalist
#8 Jinseo Kim 215.88 did good, but fall at 4T and the end of the last step sequence. And some two foot(rough) endings there:sad21: 2nd place at all

There will be award ceremonies right now! :laugh:
Congrats to all medalists!