2016 Trophée de France Pairs SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Pairs SP

shmay

On the Ice
I was also impressed with both Russian pairs here. Great basic skating skills.
Even if S/K can't make it back in time for Worlds, I don't think Russia should be too worried about retaining 3 spots for Pyeongchang

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I am not sure how we got here - but I am not surprised Like there are certain skaters/teams that generally get a huge boost on this website ie. Kostner, Hanyu, Mao, Yuna, and some who get picked on moreso Chan, Duhamel and Radford. Yes, we all know Chan is evil, Satan incarnate, villainous yada yada yada and yuzuru can do no wrong. It is not even so much the judging. Really f we were to be fair Chan is the VICTIM because this scoring system really does not appreciate his gfits in pcs - too little differentiation and there i such a huge emphasis on jumps and quads where a fall is still worth a lot.

I love watching Patrick ;-)

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I've been really interested in how they figure out the split twist levels for years, and I still don't get it.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between S/M's level 2 and T/M's level 4, and wondered if anyone here is savvy enough to figure it out for me.

To get a level 1 you need 1 of the following, 2 needs 2 etc.

1) Lady’s split position (each leg at least 4 from the body axis and Lady’s legs are straight or almost straight)
2) Catching the lady at the side of the waist without her hand(s)/arm(s)/any part of upper body touching the man
3) Lady’s position in the air with arm(s) above the head (minimum one full revolution)
4) Difficult take-off
5) Man’s arms sideways, being straight or almost straight, reaching at least shoulder level after release of the lady

I'd guess that S/M gets 2 and 4 only. And that T/M gets 1, 2, 4 and 5. For #5, Mozorov's arms go down sideways while Massot pulls them straight down. I'm assuming that's why S/M doesn't get #5. And Aliona's split isn't at least 45 degrees so no #1? Though to me it looks like it's far enough. It's either that or the judges gave #1 and thought the entrance was too easy. #2 is pretty obvious I would say for both of the pairs.

I know that requires looking back at the videos (in the video thread), but if anyone can help me figure it out better, I'd appreciate it. And no worries if I get no reply. I've just always been interested in this particular element.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I've been really interested in how they figure out the split twist levels for years, and I still don't get it.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between S/M's level 2 and T/M's level 4, and wondered if anyone here is savvy enough to figure it out for me.

1) Lady’s split position (each leg at least 4 from the body axis and Lady’s legs are straight or almost straight)
2) Catching the lady at the side of the waist without her hand(s)/arm(s)/any part of upper body touching the man
3) Lady’s position in the air with arm(s) above the head (minimum one full revolution)
4) Difficult take-off
5) Man’s arms sideways, being straight or almost straight, reaching at least shoulder level after release of the lady

I'd guess that S/M gets 2 and 4 only. And that T/M gets 1, 2, 4 and 5. For #5, Mozorov's arms go down sideways while Massot pulls them straight down. I'm assuming that's why S/M doesn't get #5. And Aliona's split isn't at least 45 degrees so no #1? Though to me it looks like it's far enough. It's either that or the judges gave #1 and thought the entrance was too easy. #2 is pretty obvious I would say for both of the pairs.

I know that requires looking back at the videos (in the video thread), but if anyone can help me figure it out better, I'd appreciate it. And no worries if I get no reply. I've just always been interested in this particular element.

I believe S/M get feature 1 and 5. And they missed 2. They have never got feature 4 or 3 I do not understand why they do not work on it.

Kittosuni

Medalist

4) Difficult take-off

S/M was only aiming for bullet 1,2 and 5 while T/M go for 1,2,4 and 5.

lavoix

Match Penalty
I think Z/E are quite boring to watch, though their skills are fantastic. They need better music and artistry.

Tarasova/Morozov had a brilliant program until the spins. Very world class routine though.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Finally watched Pairs. Less mistakes overall, so I'm happy. Zabijako/Enbert may get Europeans and Worlds team spot if they'll keep doing so well. T/M good SP, S/M visibly better than showing than at Rostelecom Cup. They will fight for top spot in all competitions this year. When Aliona will land that Th3A it will get +2, +3 GOE.

Btw. they showed Brian Joubert during warm up :luv17: Years are passing, and he's still soooo good looking!