LSpin
3F
3Flutz-2T
FSCoSp
StSq
2A
CCoSp

Score: 45.20

She is very fast. Could work on performance, but a good skate.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Akari Nakahara

Music: Adagio by Lara Fabian

Costume: illusion with white and brown swirly things

Elements:
3Lz-Stepout
3F
CCoSp-with butt spin!
FSSp
2A
StSq
LSp

Scores: 44.10. Crazy low...

Jumps a bit muscled, but she is very fast and did a good job not being swallowed up by that huge music. Definitely a future prospect.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Definitely enjoying this so far. I have to say, Nationals is a lot easier (and more pleasant) to watch in bite-sized chunks every day than like last year, where I was trying to catch up after the fact. I gave up after one or two segments... Not this year!

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
All of the scores seem really low, but maybe that's me. Could Vivian medal at JW?

Also, does anyone here know anything about fencing age levels and where to find athlete bios?

Layback11

Record Breaker
All of the scores seem really low, but maybe that's me. Could Vivian medal at JW?

Also, does anyone here know anything about fencing age levels and where to find athlete bios?

On Vivian: if she was clean, and probably someone else wasn't...

No on fencing. Don't know a thing about that. :laugh:

FlattFan

Match Penalty

She's in the running for Silver/Bronze if she hits everything. She's not consistent, so it's hard for her PCS to go up a lot. you have to be clean one comp after another, and the PCS will rise as the season progress.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Alice Yang

Music: sounds like The Mission but isn't

Costume: purple ombré with a corset-type thing

Elements:

3F-really big
CCoSp-very fast
FSSp-also very fast
3T-2T
2A-nice delayed rotation
LSp-fast again

I'd never seen her, but she is excellent! Should lead.

Score: 51.48

Last edited:

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
Is it me or do the scores seem low? Gonna look at the score sheets once they're up but watching live (albeit on a choppy IN feed) they seem to be judging pretty tough

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
That was a lovely skate by Alice, too bad her K&C moment was blocked by the next skater's coach. Kinda rude

Layback11

Record Breaker
Brynne McIsaac

Music: Hot Honey Rag
Costume: Beight orange art-deco-ish dress (love! :love:) and a feather hairpiece

Elements:

2A
StSq
LSp
3F
3Lo-stepout
FSSp
CCoSp

Score: 40.10

She has many split jumps in this program, which I always enjoy! Cannot get over how awesome this dress is. Lots of jump problems.

Last edited:

Ekm

On the Ice
I love Brynne's dress too!

I was about to comment that I've really liked everyone's dresses, and then I caught sight of the girl warming up...

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Drat, SimplyAFan, my feed was working fine until you said that. :drama: Shhh! Anyways, thanks Layback for the play-by-plays. I'm definitely here, watching and lurking, but I won't be posting much. I'm trying to do laundry, prep/make dinner, and work out, so there's not much spare time for posting. :(

Layback11

Record Breaker
Shannon Porter

Music: samba piece

Dress: turquoise with red details and tattered skirt

Elements:

Missed some
StSq
2A
CCoSp

Missed most of it.

Score: 42.96

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
IN better get their stuff together before the senior events start, I have had nothing but trouble today and yesterday their twitter feed was full of apologies for the stream going down. GRRR