2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
On my phone right now, can someone give the final standings?

Tarah Kayne, Southwest Florida FSC
Danny OShea, Southwest Florida FSC 69.61

Alexa Scimeca, DuPage FSC
Christopher Knierim, Broadmoor SC 67.35

Marissa Castelli, SC of Boston
Mervin Tran, SC of Boston 64.12

Madeline Aaron, Coyotes SC of Arizona
Max Settlage, Broadmoor SC 57.47

Jessica Pfund, Southwest Florida FSC
Joshua Santillan, All Year FSC 54.20

Erika Smith, SC of New York
AJ Reiss, Los Angeles FSC 51.09

Jessica Calalang, DuPage FSC
Zack Sidhu, Las Vegas FSC 50.53

Caitlin Fields, Indiana World Sk Acad FSC
Ernie Utah Stevens, Indiana World Sk Acad FSC 45.67

Brianna de la Mora, Texas Gulf Coast FSC
Maxim Kurdukov, Texas Gulf Coast FSC 45.04

Alexandria Shaughnessy, SC of Boston
James Morgan, SC of Boston 42.56

Cali Fujimoto, Peninsula SC
Nicholas Barsi-Rhyne, Southwest Florida FSC 42.05

Elizaveta Usmantseva, Los Angeles FSC
Matej Silecky, SC of New York 38.34

Alyssa McDougal, Birmingham FSC
Paul Schatz, Southwest Florida FSC

Art&Sport

Medalist
^^ Are you talking about Dalilah Sappenfield? When I first saw her, I thought she was Keana McLaughlin's mother. :laugh: She use to sit next to McLaughlin/ Brubaker and fiddle with Keana all the time like an overprotective mother.

Happy for Kayne/O'Shea -- they really brought the house down. And it was cool that they were the last to skate too. They lived up to the occasion. :)

Where are the backstage interviews on IceNetwork??

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Who's that lady sitting to Alexa? I always thought she was related to John Coughlin. I guess she was his coach..

It is Dalilah Sappenfield as Art&Sport mentioned. She did also coach John and Caydee, as well as McLaughlin/Brubaker.

Not a mother to any of the above, but the guy in the K&C with them all is Larry Ibarra. She started as his coach, but then adopted him when his parents died. So she is mom to someone in the K&C and one of her coached skaters.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
^^ Are you talking about Dalilah Sappenfield? ...

The backstage live stream is showing the senior ladies warming up for their SP. (I'm not getting any audio.)
http://web.icenetwork.com/video/v538722983

The only backstage interview that I see is Mervin and Marissa:
http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topic/162498722/v539769683/

My guess is that as more interviews are conducted, they all will be linked at:
http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topic/162498722

Dalilah coaches Maddie/Max too.
Also Weinstein/Simon (new U.S. junior silver medalists), if I am not mistaken.

mrrice

Record Breaker
^^ Are you talking about Dalilah Sappenfield? When I first saw her, I thought she was Keana McLaughlin's mother. :laugh: She use to sit next to McLaughlin/ Brubaker and fiddle with Keana all the time like an overprotective mother.

Happy for Kayne/O'Shea -- they really brought the house down. And it was cool that they were the last to skate too. They lived up to the occasion. :)

I don't know her name but, Dalilah Sappenfield is a cool name. :agree:

Art&Sport

Medalist
I don't know her name but, Dalilah Sappenfield is a cool name. :agree:

Ha ha, yes it is! Sounds like a great southern name in the vein of Tallulah Bankhead (former Hollywood actress). I don't know where Dalilah hails from originally though. :)

Thanks @StitchMonkey for your input. I knew that Ibarra was Dalilah's son, but I didn't know he was adopted. These are the engaging human interest stories that figure skating media don't know how to dig into, and unveil in-depth for viewers.

There was just a pairs press conference on the backstage IN stream. Phil Hersh asked Alexa a butthead question. I loved her answer!!!

Plisskin

Medalist
Ha ha, yes it is! Sounds like a great southern name in the vein of Tallulah Bankhead (former Hollywood actress). I don't know where Dalilah hails from originally though. :)

Thanks @StitchMonkey for your input. I knew that Ibarra was Dalilah's son, but I didn't know he was adopted. These are the engaging human interest stories that figure skating media don't know how to dig into, and unveil in-depth for viewers.

There was just a pairs press conference on the backstage IN stream. Phil Hersh asked Alexa a butthead question. I loved her answer!!!
What did she say???

tulosai

Record Breaker
What did she say???

He asked if they considered their performance a step back. She said 'no' and that basically they learn from each performance and from each mistake so it's always a step forward for them.

andromache

Record Breaker
Just want to add: I've always found K/O a little bland performance-wise, but I loooove their new SP and they sold the heck out of it. I enjoy S/K, but I wouldn't heartbroken if they lost the title. They're the overwhelming favorites to win but it seems like they need a push.

mrrice

Record Breaker
He asked if they considered their performance a step back. She said 'no' and that basically they learn from each performance and from each mistake so it's always a step forward for them.

That's a great answer to a loaded question. What athlete would say "Yes, this is definitely a step backward for us?" What a di*k.