2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

mrrice

Record Breaker
Wow!!! Thinkin', how nice that stunning outfit is going to look, with 2 Olympic Medals on it! ;)

That dress is stunning and it's not even complete. The color is perfect and you can see that she is in great shape. I'm so excited for the new season to begin.....

:eek:topic:...Big Serving Canadian Milos Raonic has powered his way into the second week of Wimbledon. He hit 21 Aces today and looked fantastic!!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Thinking of the gorgeous fantasy fashion photo spreads of the Russian ladies, especially Anna Pogorilia, and thinking of how well our Canadian ladies have done this year and how gorgeous they are, I'm really wondering why Elle Canada or Flare aren't putting them on the cover and doing a feature...

Some of our male skaters have established themselves as fashion ad worthy [Eric Radford for Samuelson, Shane Firus for Calvin Klein]....So why aren't our Canadian designers and magazines hurrying to get Kaetlyn and Gabby in to some gorgeous gowns? :scratch3:

those 2 + tessa = hello gorgeous ladies !!!!!!!!

Well Tessa and Scott have posed for Today's Bride (though their good looks were probably only one of a couple reasons they wanted them for a wedding shoot). And of course I had to look that up now, and I mean :love: 1 2

I know not everyone likes Dave Lease, but he said that if Tessa was American, she'd have been on the cover of Vogue by now and I certainly agree that she could be.

Thanks for sharing ice coverage...:)

Thing is, I haven't myself been including Tessa because of a few things...[1] she is a spokesperson for 'my beauty, my way' the Dove soap campaign; [2] she tweets about the 'cover the athlete' movement; [3] I'm aware that she does get covers...if not of Canadian fashion or women's magazines. My musing was mainly about our medallists in the Ladies event: Kaetlyn and Gabby.

Tessa's,last feature in the English version of Chatelaine [leading Canadian women's magazine] was just prior to Sochi....with a peek at her home in the living section...

http://www.chatelaine.com/living/olympics-ice-dancer-tessa-virtue-shares-her-pre-games-superstition/

Hello Canada included Tessa as one of the best looking Canadians 4 years ago, and they report she had a story in this year's May 17th issue, but the last one I can find on line is this from 2015.....

http://ca.hellomagazine.com/fashion...s-from-tessa-virtue-hillberg-berk-collection/ ...

You are welcome ;), TGee.
If your strong intention/desire was to limit the magazine-cover discussion to females from the discipline of ladies, I am left to wonder why you cited Eric and Shane -- males who are not from the discipline of men -- in comparison. Does not make sense to me.
And when others previously brought up Tessa, I do not know why you did not feel the need then to emphasize your focus on Kaetlyn and Gabby.

Anyway, my last comment about Tessa in this context:
Real Style and Best Health are Canadian publications.
And Strong Fitness Magazine is based in Toronto.
So I do not understand your pointed references of "if not of Canadian fashion or women's magazines" and "Chatelaine [leading Canadian women's magazine]".​

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I'll try to make a summary of this article. I don't have enough time to try a full translation. So the article focuses on Joannie's entrance and study at Mc Gill Univ of Medicine. She wanted to become a doctor since she was very young. She didn't have big hopes, as she thought she wouldn't be accepted. She benefited from some decisions to enlarge the base of students and accepted guys coming from sport. She had entered a preparatory year and as a perfectionist she managed to "survive". Her sport gave her the discipline to keep up with studies. They talk about anatomy...She is not going to pursue a surgery career, but she'd try either general practitioner or sport medicine. She'll graduate after 2 years and a half.
They also talk a little about Vancouver, and her commitment to the shows up to a moment when a performance was canceled for the lack of funds.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
2017 Skate Canada Autumn Classic tickets are going on sale Thursday, July 13 at 10 AM ET.

Link and more detailed schedule here: https://skatecanada.ca/event/2017-autumn-classic-international/
so the schedule is similar to last year.... but instead of the dance (short dance) being on the Thursday, it's the ladies short..... good idea to bring more people on thursday.

Last year, though, it was a very different process... you could "reserve" an all-event pass which I did... and when they released who was coming, we were able to only do the final purchase on what we wanted to see... so I went only for the Saturday as there was no chiddy and I was working on Friday (and no dance on friday either)...

So i guess I will purchase saturday only this time.. and see... if chiddy shows up if i can free myself up for friday's short ;) thanks for the news mango

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Here is a local news story on the event...but only talks about the Ladies' events...

The main page for the event still only show the results from 2016...

Where are people finding out this kind of off-season skating information?!?!? I feel like I am in the dark! No "this&that" from TSL, no coverage on upcoming competitions from anywhere....
It was great hearing that Olivia Serefini won the competition.
Is it possible for Michelle Long or Larkyn or a different Canadian lady to get the TBD skate Canada spot? Or can it go to a skater from any country?

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow!!! Thinkin', how nice that "stunning" outfit is going to look, with 2 Olympic Medals on it! ;)

I think Blue and Gold, go best together.

Ravi posted this picture as well:

https://instagram.com/p/BWV8aIdh7In/

This is a purple version of the blue dress, right? Or am I losing my mind and its the same dress?! LOL. I hope I'm not starting a debate like that infamous one from last year that went viral all over the internet regarding whether or not a dress was black and blue or gold and white. ;)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ravi posted this picture as well:

https://instagram.com/p/BWV8aIdh7In/

This is a purple version of the blue dress, right? Or am I losing my mind and its the same dress?! LOL. I hope I'm not starting a debate like that infamous one from last year that went viral all over the internet regarding whether or not a dress was black and blue or gold and white. ;)

I think it's the same dress, just with different lighting or a different phone/camera.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
It was reported on another skating site, that Kaetlyn's LP is going to be either to Swan Lake or Black Swan based on instagram videos, from Amelie's Lacoste (could not find it...Mango, perhaps you'll have better luck). Kaetlyn and Ravi are hosting a clinic in Montreal currently.

A nice balance to her Summertime SP, and I am sure Jeff will create a stunning program for her.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
O4G you got it! It's Swan Lake. I'm cross posting the following from the programs thread.

Kaetlyn Osmond appears to have announced her FS music to be from Swan Lake in this post showing off part of her costume: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWardDFBfKs/

A preview of Kaetlyn's FS: https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/status/884847717830111232

Bluediamonds09 I saw the info about Michelle from her Instagram. She posed with her medals. TGee is great at finding follow up info. :) If you want to keep up with off season competitions there's this part of the site just for summer competitions: http://goldenskate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?566-2017-Figure-Skating-Summer-competitions-and-events

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
O4G you got it! It's Swan Lake. I'm cross posting the following from the programs thread.

Kaetlyn Osmond appears to have announced her FS music to be from Swan Lake in this post showing off part of her costume: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWardDFBfKs/

A preview of Kaetlyn's FS: https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/status/884847717830111232

Bluediamonds09 I saw the info about Michelle from her Instagram. She posed with her medals. TGee is great at finding follow up info. :) If you want to keep up with off season competitions there's this part of the site just for summer competitions: http://goldenskate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?566-2017-Figure-Skating-Summer-competitions-and-events

well.. i had issues with blackswan... (1) i have issues with birds at olympics (2) the only great blackbird is chiddy LOL
but after seeing the short clip, i think it will be a different interpretation rather than a balletic reenactment which i look forward to seeing.... nice dress..... and gorgeous 3loop. I think she's gained a lot of confidence on that 3loop from her 3 turn entrance having more snap than last year but who am I to analyse technique????

jFarrisFAN

On the Ice
The event at Minto summer skate is huge this year for the men... 28 junior men and 14 senior men. I don't think the entry list is out yet but that's one of the biggest competitions I've seen domestically for men.

TGee

Record Breaker
The IJS results from the Lake Placid Figure Skating Championships are up here: http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/events/figure.php

There was a smattering of Canadians that participated...I suspect that they are all looking for higher scores, but hey it was in June, and they've had their new programs out in front of judges before the national summer series ...:

Novice Ladies Final Round: Samira D'Auteil CPA Chambly [QC] SP 36.89 Pl #4;

Junior Ladies: Hannah Dawson, Hawkesbury SC [ON] SP: 43.83 Pl #2; Clara Campbell Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club [ON] SP 35.14 Pl #6; FL 67.53 Pl #4

Junior Men: Matthew Markell Prescott SC SP: 53.25 Pl #1 ; FS 115.35 Pl #1 [Only competitor]

Senior Ladies: Michelle Long Richmond Training Centre [ON] SP 46.57 Pl#3; FS 79.16 Pl#3

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Don't know if either of them had confirmed this before, and I think we guessed as much either way, but Bruno said in his interview for Ice Talk that this is the last season for Liam Firus and Elladj Balde.

It's a pretty interesting interview imo.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Don't know if either of them had confirmed this before, and I think we guessed as much either way, but Bruno said in his interview for Ice Talk that this is the last season for Liam Firus and Elladj Balde.

It's a pretty interesting interview imo.

not surprising to hear. Liam has unfortunately been going worse and worse each year.... Elladj has a career waiting for him in shows.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
not surprising to hear. Liam has unfortunately been going worse and worse each year.... Elladj has a career waiting for him in shows.

Not every old dog can learn new tricks like Patrick. ;)

Elladj is exceptionally recognized for his special charm and artistry. Most skaters without major titles are not so fortunate.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not every old dog can learn new tricks like Patrick. ;)

Elladj is exceptionally recognized for his special charm and artistry. Most skaters without major titles are not so fortunate.

well... Patrick is of course, exceptional. Learning a new quad, perhaps even 2 at 25-26 is unprecedented.

However, both Elladj and Liam have struggled over the last 4 years to not even learn a new jump but just stabilize what we could call "the basic" which is a quad toe and a 3a. Elladj can at least say he's won Nebelhorn. He is a gorgeous skater and I loved seeing him skate at Nationals. Regarding Liam, well, what can we say that hasn't been said.
I am strong advocate of Canadian skating and all I can say is that the generation below them is not yet even with them skating wise but the way the COP functions right now, struggling with "the basic" isn't going to get you on any podium, even at Nationals. All three guys at Nationals landed quads to land on the podium. If i am not mistaken, the entire top 5 landed at least one quad to get on the national team. I hope that Elladj will get on the podium this year, something he hasn't ever managed to do but his fame doesn't depend on it. As for Liam, I wish him to enjoy his last year in the competitive side of the sport.