2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 73 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

millie

Medalist
But, as CanadianSktaterGuy pointed out in another post, this was not the case, nor what she stated. Yet another rumour debunked on GS. What she said after being interviewed was...

"We all want a clean and fair playing field. I live my life everyday with integrity, something I was inspired to do from the Olympic movement. Olympic values should be upheld and respected by the IOC as well."
Enough said.

At the opening ceremonies an athelete from the host country takes the following oath on behalf of all the atheletes.
"in the name of all the competitors, I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and without drugs in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honorary of our teams".

When an athelete from a country goes into these games knowing that they are not honouring these rules, should be punished. Duhamel stated her opinion. She believes that she as an athelete should respect the Olympic Motto...Swifter, Higher, Stronger is meant to spur the athletes to the best of their abilites. When someone cheats, they are taking a medal away from someone that deserves it..

nocturnalis

Medalist
At the opening ceremonies an athelete from the host country takes the following oath on behalf of all the atheletes.
"in the name of all the competitors, I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and with our drugs in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honorary of our teams".

When an athelete from a country goes into these games knowing that they are not honouring these rules, should be punished. Duhamel stated her opinion. She believes that she as an athelete should respect the Olympic Motto...Swifter, Higher, Stronger is meant to spur the athletes to the best of their abilites. When someone cheats, they are taking a medal away from someone that deserves it..
Not only that, but Canada went hard after Ben Johnson took the horse roids. I can see how it was hammered in to Canadian children that cheating is horrible and shames you and your country.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Not only that, but Canada went hard after Ben Johnson took the horse roids. I can see how it was hammered in to Canadian children that cheating is horrible and shames you and your country.

Ben went from Hero to Zero, in a Nano-second. Banned for life he was. Meanwhile, others in the race were 'juiced' also, and as reported, that the default winner, should have been disqualified in the events leading up, due to failed drug tests. One competitor was even suspect for making Bens drink, EXTRA special. We have never fully recovered from "the Dirtiest Race of All-time", as it's been often referred to.

To see today, others being banned multiple times in the sport, yet still able to compete, or a state sponsored program to encourage excellence through enhancements, makes my blood boil. How dishonourable to the Olympic movement and to those everyday athletes that try and compete clean knowing that others, will usurp due to what they plan to, "slurp", in order to be an Olympic champion.

nocturnalis

Medalist
Ben went from Hero to Zero, in a Nano-second, Banned for life he was. Meanwhile others in the race where 'juiced' also, and as reported, that the default winner, should have been disqualified in the events leading up, due to failed drug tests. One competitor was even suspected for making Bens drink, EXTRA special. We have never fully recovered from "the Dirtiest Race of All-time", as it's been often referred to.

To see today, others being banned multiple times in the sport, yet still able to compete, or a state sponsored program to encourage excellence through enhancements, makes my blood boil. How dishonourable to the Olympic movement and to those everyday athletes that try and compete clean knowing that others, will usurp due to what they plan to, "slurp", in order to be an Olympic champion.
Justin Gatlin literally makes me sick. I don't think anyone thinks he's legit, winning races in his mid 30's.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
... and ice is slippery!!

- - - Updated - - -

It will be exciting to see!

Don't forget the US. Their men have decimated the Canadians this season. The ladies are holding their own though Kaetlyn has kept them in check. Dance is close enough. Okay pairs there is a bit of a distance but with the hate towards D and R and if the make mistakes and the Knerims do their best you just never know. If US wins men's and ladies over the Canadians which is possible. Then it could be a tough fight to the bitter end especially if Canada goes with Weaver and Poje in the free dance. Then the Americans will beat them in dance too.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Don't forget the US. Their men have decimated the Canadians this season. The ladies are holding their own though Kaetlyn has kept them in check. Dance is close enough. Okay pairs there is a bit of a distance but with the hate towards D and R and if the make mistakes and the Knerims do their best you just never know. If US wins men's and ladies over the Canadians which is possible. Then it could be a tough fight to the bitter end especially if Canada goes with Weaver and Poje in the free dance. Then the Americans will beat them in dance too.

:laugh: Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. As an American I have to LOL at this. You have got to be kidding me right? Sorry but the Kneirim's aren't anywhere close to the quality or a threat to D/R.
The Canadian ladies should beat the American ones depending on who goes. Men is up in the air even though Nathan and Adam are skating well, there's no telling what Patrick will pull out of his hat. ;) Dance will be a toss up.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just saw Tessa and Scott's SD from the GPF.......I don't like the music but I LOVE them, and their skating. IMO, they are better technicians than the rest of the field. Tessa is a goddess and Scott is handsome and strong. They are the perfect couple and if skate clean in the FD, I think they will take the GPF Title.....best of luck tomorrow...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No Russian figure skater has been implicated in doping, so it appears that the entire Russian figure skating team is eligible to compete in the Olympics under the IOC conditions. And Putin has said eligible athletes will be allowed to compete under those conditions.

So Meaghan will get a "clean and fair playing field", if not exactly the one she had in mind.

kresslia

Medalist
:laugh: Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. As an American I have to LOL at this. You have got to be kidding me right? Sorry but the Kneirim's aren't anywhere close to the quality or a threat to D/R.
The Canadian ladies should beat the American ones depending on who goes. Men is up in the air even though Nathan and Adam are skating well, there's no telling what Patrick will pull out of his hat. ;) Dance will be a toss up.
I don't see Dance as a toss up so long as V/M skate. They are a sure bet to beat the Americans unless something crazy happens (like a fall), but the Americans will only place one spot behind them. Two spots, maybe, but seems like P/C are favourites for gold atm...

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don't see Dance as a toss up so long as V/M skate. They are a sure bet to beat the Americans unless something crazy happens (like a fall), but the Americans will only place one spot behind them. Two spots, maybe, but seems like P/C are favourites for gold atm...

Dance is always a crazy toss up when it comes to the Olympics. I wasn't counting V/M because I love them and they place very well.

ETA: You seem to have completely missed the original intent of my post. ;)

kresslia

Medalist
Dance is always a crazy toss up when it comes to the Olympics. I wasn't counting V/M because I love them and they place very well.
Well, you have to count them though since they'll be skating in the Team Event :p Last time they did both SP and LP so wouldn't be surprised if they do it again this time.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Well, you have to count them though since they'll be skating in the Team Event :p Last time they did both SP and LP so wouldn't be surprised if they do it again this time.

I'm not here to debate this. I am FOR the Canadians.

singerskates

On the Ice
I just saw Tessa and Scott's SD from the GPF.......I don't like the music but I LOVE them, and their skating. IMO, they are better technicians than the rest of the field. Tessa is a goddess and Scott is handsome and strong. They are the perfect couple and if skate clean in the FD, I think they will take the GPF Title.....best of luck tomorrow...
If only they could use last year's OD but alas last year's OD does not fit this year's OD music requirement, or does it?

ChanClan

On the Ice
Oh so proud of Osmond! Still love this SP. Hopefully she comes out with a strong LP and can at least medal :)