2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 90 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
If kaetlyn would Skate a completely clean program for the first time, what would happen??

what happens when you divide by zero?
what happens if you make a noise in the woods when no one's there?

no seriously, who knows. Gabby's much more likely to do that...

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Well, we have at least some idea. Going by her Worlds FS, she lost 3.63 in BV by doubling the loop. Just the BV with the same low but + GOE would take her from 218.13 to 221.76 overall. That would be 145.78 for the FS. If you were to combine that with her highest SP score from this season, that would take her up to 222.82. You'd expect at least a small PCS bump for being totally clean, and she also had a rough landing on one of the combos, so if that was cleaned up as well, there'd be probably a couple more points in GOE. So depending on the exact PCS and GOE bumps, probably 149ish. Often we see some Olympic inflation, so maybe over 150. So besides the top two, no one except Carolina actually landing her content would be able to beat her.

Though if she just keeps it to one mistake, like the 2Lo, she'll still have a pretty good shot at bronze looking at the scoring this year, with Carolina most likely to beat her.

millie

Medalist

Put it this way, no matter if she gets on the podium or not, at least she is skating under the Canadian Flag🇨🇦 And representing Canada with pride and respect for her country. You can't take that away from her...🥇🇨🇦

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
If kaetlyn would Skate a completely clean program for the first time, what would happen??

Given we have seen very few of the top ladies skate 2 back to back cleans this entire season (except for a couple of comps.), anything is possible. Should KO skate to her fullest potential, a podium finish, perhaps even Gold is definitely within her reach.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I think Patrick will go at the 4th and v/m will go at the 5th, not sure about the others but should be around that couple of days.

Thanks. I assumed all skaters of Team Canada will depart together for Korea except those who will not participate in the Team Event. Unlike OAR, the skaters are planning to move individually.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

Do you have some sort of problem with Kaetlyn Osmond Spirals for Miles?

mrrice

Record Breaker

Who could have a problem with Kaetlyn?? She's sweet as can be and never says a bad thing about anyone. She's talented, smart, and represents Canada in the best way......What gives???:confused2:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Who could have a problem with Kaetlyn?? She's sweet as can be and never says a bad thing about anyone. She's talented, smart, and represents Canada in the best way......What gives???:confused2:

I am a huge fan of Kaetlyn!!
But it would be nice if she could perform a nice clean long skated to its full potential this season.
Same goes for Caro.

nocturnalis

Medalist

She has the audacity to score close to Evgenia.

russianfan

Match Penalty

well, i follow her on instagram for quite some time now, and i have to say her instagram is one of the cutiest among all i follow :) she seems to be a very nice person

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am a huge fan of Kaetlyn!!
But it would be nice if she could perform a nice clean long skated to its full potential this season.
Same goes for Caro.

Well her plan was to peak at the right time...not too early. She’s gotten some grief over that statement but not having achieved it yet isn’t necessarily a bad thing to me. She still has something to strive for. Those pesky loop jumps :handw:

The thing is Olympic seasons are a beast of a different nature than the regular grand prix lead up to World Championships. I watched Yulia peak last run up to the olympics at Euros and even though she skated fine in the team event her peak performance was Euros IMO and it was all or nothing to make that team there. Kaetlyn just needs to hit it when it matters which she is totally capable of doing. It’s been such a build up to that moment that it could act as a source of motivation for her.

I’m blown away by Gabby’s return to form. She’s blown away all of my expectations for this year at this point. I love being proven wrong on stuff like this. She’s got a lot that she can show the judges and both of her programs have the ability to show it off. I’m excited to see how she does.

The only Canadians I’m hoping don’t get gold are the hockey boys :drama: I’ve way too many Canadian friends that play hockey and like to blow up my phone during all the big international events or give it to me every day I see them. It’s truly too much to bare :laugh:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
She has the audacity to score close to Evgenia.

;)
Me thinks that the issue could be about Kaetlyn being an established contender, but unpredictable one who may not have extra consistency in her FS under her belt, but have qualities that are still inside her programs/performances despite mistakes, being appreciated by people (which in my opinion triggers negativity foremost).

The worst thing to do is seeing a skater through your personal favourites' standard, putting not only an entire different coaching/style/performance patterns onto skater, but also personal involvement into another one, this conviction about they being always the best. Of course, it sure feels nice to be a fan of skater winning, a favorite for win, but others' chances - and those of their fans - should never be downplayed. We should never make less of a skater just because he/she does not present qualities acquired by others which we are fans of.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

believe it or not, it's possible to like a skater and not their scores
I've always liked Stanislava Konstantinova despite hating her scores
and it's the same thing with Osmond
I like her skating, just don't see why she's pushed up with errors

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hahaha and like that never applies to the Russian ladies. Puh-leeze! :rolleye: :sarcasm: