2017 Finlandia Trophy 6th - 8th October | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Finlandia Trophy 6th - 8th October

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
When full list of competitors will appear? Ugh, why so long. :disapp:
It will be after the closing date for entries - which is this Friday.

Typically, the lists appear on the ISU site about the following Tuesday... but it could be sooner, could be later...

TMC

Record Breaker
TT_Fin, I've always taken the bus from Kamppi. It takes about 20 minutes and you can't miss the arena. I'll be staying in Keski-Uusimaa, too, in Kerava where my parents live! :)

EDIT: Edited to correct TT_Fin's name - I'm sorry, I was posting on my phone at 2 am and I have thick fingers :laugh:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
TR_Fin, I've always taken the bus from Kamppi. It takes about 20 minutes and you can't miss the arena. I'll be staying in Keski-Uusimaa, too, in Kerava where my parents live! :)

Ok, maybe it is not secret, It is Kerava, too, where I stay. My brother lives there :).

I found the arena map from Arena's own site. There is balcony, but is it so that there are no balcony tickets availalble at all? I can buy the cheapest ticket if it is not balcony.

TMC

Record Breaker
Ok, maybe it is not secret, It is Kerava, too, where I stay. My brother lives there :).

I found the arena map from Arena's own site. There is balcony, but is it so that there are no balcony tickets availalble at all? I can buy the cheapest ticket if it is not balcony.

Maybe we'll see each other on the train!

There have been a lot of empty seats every year, so whatever tickets you get you will be able move around - if you're willing to play musical chairs a bit.

lxcb

Spectator
Looking forward to the entry lists, I wish the rumour would come true (one team maybe take part in)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Finland entries have been announced ahead of the full entry lists:

Viveca Lindfors
Emmi Peltonen
Valtter Virtanen
Bela Papp
Cecilia Törn-Jussiville Partanen
Juulia Turkkila-Matthias Versluis

Source

Satoko Miyahara was expected to compete here, but not any more. I'm hoping Yuna Shiraiwa will be representing Japan though... she's the only one of the "top" Japanese ladies left, who isn't already entered in a pre-GP Challenger event...

TMC

Record Breaker
Nooooo I was really looking forward to seeing Satoko in person! Sad!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
TMC, Maybe we will see.

Oh, I also would have wanted to see Satoko. But only 2 ladies from Finland? Does this mean there is so many international competitors there is no space for third or is it only the level of the others is not enough high? Or is it a new ISU rule to have only 2/country? There has always been three Finnish ladies during last years.

And I've now bought my ticket 90 € all-event ticket gave me row 5, not bad.

viennaskater

Medalist
Wow, there are a lot of interesting entries to this - I can't possibly go, though, so I hope it's going to be live-streamed.

Tulipstar

Medalist
TMC, Maybe we will see.

Oh, I also would have wanted to see Satoko. But only 2 ladies from Finland? Does this mean there is so many international competitors there is no space for third or is it only the level of the others is not enough high? Or is it a new ISU rule to have only 2/country? There has always been three Finnish ladies during last years.

And I've now bought my ticket 90 € all-event ticket gave me row 5, not bad.

There were three Slovakian ladies at the Ondrej Nepela, so I guess they were allowed three. I agree that it would have been nice if there had been three Finnish ladies as well.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
The fact they're charging for the stream annoys me. None of the other Challengers did, except US Classic for obvious reasons, and the 8.99€ they're asking for two days of streaming is as much as I spend on one month of Netflix... so no, sorry, no.