2017 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Pairs FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
With ISU channel I don't have to put up with commercials at the beginning of CBC stream.

eta. The live streaming has started.

I just logged on the CBC... no commercials ;) i know what you mean... usually there are 2 ads... and sometimes it takes a minute to get on,but this event, nothing.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I pulled up both streams on different tabs, and they actually have different cameras/views. The ISU / Eurovision seems sharper, so I'm going with it.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Usually (and today) I get one 30-second ad at the beginning of the CBC. I can live with that, but if the stream freezes and I have to refresh, I
get another one, sometimes in the middle of a program.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Got my drink and snacks at the ready with my CBC stream.

tonight is the worse for me... I work tomorrow morning.... so I am not sure what I can do... but I passed out from 9pm to 11pm.... should i drink? should i eat? should i take a nap after the pairs ? should i skip the ladies and just watch the last group?

LIFE IS SO TOUGH :)

Just to give you an example on how 4CC has ruined my life this week, I opted against getting a haircut which is much needed because I wanted to make sure I would be able to sleep in the afternoon today and tomorrow if ever needed...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Another day with empty rinks...poor skaters

Did you see the size of the audience for the Gala in North Korea a few days ago?

Somebody was saying in one of the competition threads earlier in the week that if this competition was in the North, it would be packed out. Well, that Gala wasn't. One side of the rink was packed, but the other side was completely empty.

If you go to the Gala's own thread, I have posted a link to a video of clips:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...p-Invitation&p=1638483&viewfull=1#post1638483

So, not quite the packed house we were expecting.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I'm so excited and neveous. Go Sui/Han! Go Y/Z and P/J! Go everybody and have a clean competition!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
i am waiting for your traditional cheering mantras

LAND YOUR JUMPS LUBOV

NO ABORTED LIFTS OR CRASHY TWISTS

:)

I'm trying to be quiet until everyone is asleep here.

But yes. No crashy twists would be nice. No aborted lifts.

Lubov and Peng land your jumps already!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
A non sam smith version of the writing on the wall? Interesting. I didn't even think that song had been around long enough to be covered.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
What is up with all these weird falls? This is, like, the third fall on a transition I've seen this competition- and that's not even counting ice dance.

Good choice not to use the Sam Smith version- I almost like this song without him :laugh:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love the one fan they showed (on Ice Network) who had a headband with two small Korean flags standing up! How fun!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Reminder that I am minimalpairsteknik

Minji JI/Themistocles LEFTHERIS (KOR)
Spectre
Her in red dress with silver trim and cutouts at waist and back, him in grey shirt, black pants

2Tw
3T-2T-2T
Th3F 2ft
upsy good, one handed dismount
FODs, he changes hands
fall, oh no she tripped coming out
CCoSp
female cover of Writing On the Wall
3S (I feel like they're tempting fate by having that right on "but always hit the floor")
upsy with very skary change to her being upside down
Th3Lo fall
another upsy, good
CoSp (pairs spin)

Also he's 34 and she's 17, that's really freaking creepy.

But that was a really good performance. Good job!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just woke up, 6 am ish is my normal wake-up time, so this is perfect. The men tomorrow, so not gonna happen three hours earlier, lol.
Yay for James Bond theme sung by a woman.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
that boy is a hunk... so strong.... too bad i'd need to get rid of mervin to have room for him in the harem... i will keep mervin... for now ;)