2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs SP | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs SP

GGFan

Record Breaker
I also love that they judged Carolina's first 2 PCS categories differently from the last 3. I hope we see more of that. I'm not too confident about all of them being judged independently given all the work the judges have to do.

whatif

Medalist
Surprisingly not a huge gap between T/M and S/K heading into FS. I would have it bigger to be honest. T/M are going to need to skate lights out and S/K to miss an element for the order to flip. T/M's trainwreck program won't compare well after S/K's Carmen.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Again, not sure what the judges saw in the PCS here for Tarasova/Morosov apart from homecooking. Though Stolbova/Klimov had that fall in the short program, they have much better interpretation and composition with the tango than Tarasova/Morosov, who could have been skating to anything really. Pick any famous piano concerto and T/M's program would have been pretty much the same. I agree that T/M should still be first given their technical content but the PCS inflation is noticeable.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I am really surprised that the judges are still willed to give S/K high mark although they did not medal for almost three years now. But the program is strong and without the fall they should have been in the lead.

T/M´s PCS makes me angry. They got lower scores with last year´s SP which definitly was better. I cannot get over the costume choice. Such a bad idea to give the red-haired Vladimir a bloody-red dress!:sarcasm: I hope the judges will change their minds a little bit and stop pushing T/M so much. The Olympic Champions should have better programs.

Nika09

On the Ice
Besides everything else there's a very awkward moment in T/M program, when during StSq music is going to end but then just starts again. I don't know who and why did this but cuts from that masterpiece (I mean music) are really as bad as could be. Or couldn't.

Overall it was pretty boring short program session in Pairs today. Just like whole Pairs SP this season (except some examples like P/J, J/C).

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Tarasova/Morozov has wonderful twist and throw jump today. But I don't think Rach 2 is suitable for them. Their presence is more the elegant type, maybe a liebestraume is a better music for them, Each 2 is too heavy and they don't seem to be able to catch up with the climactic music. . The music editing is weird too, a miseditied climax and a rather abrupt ending.

Stolbova/Klimov were strong today (despite the fall). Ksenia finally landed the flip/Lutz and their interpretation and choreography is the best I have seen this season. Their skating skills is also ahead of many people, their speed and steps during the transition and step sequence is wonderful to watch. Hope Fedor can recover soon and well so they can get back their twist.

Purv

Match Penalty
Ksenia and Fedor were fantastic. Its too bad about mistakes,but they re in 2nd.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
T/M have A LOT in common with Totmianina and Marinin. They weren't the most exciting pair (unpopular opinion: I prefer them to the in your face superficial S/Z and didn't deserve the nickname "dull and duller" :scard7:) but their programs were structured to meet their strengths and hide their weaknesses to perfection. The programs highlighted their line, unison and pure quality and let all that do all the talking. They had a team that understood them.

It's amazing that despite the whole T/M team working together for so long they still don't seem to know what type of team T/M are and how they should present them. And if actually they do they express it in all the worst ways possible :bang: Their current team has given them as much, and taken them as far, as they can. It's time for T/M to take the next step and get a new one! The Russian fed. won't suggest it because its seems they still see S/K as their #1, despite being riddled with injury, so T/M have to take the action themselves if they want to stand on the top step (they have the goods for it).

lavoix

Match Penalty
Besides everything else there's a very awkward moment in T/M program, when during StSq music is going to end but then just starts again. I don't know who and why did this but cuts from that masterpiece (I mean music) are really as bad as could be. Or couldn't.

Overall it was pretty boring short program session in Pairs today. Just like whole Pairs SP this season (except some examples like P/J, J/C).

I agree, I found that ending very awkward, it sort of seems to stop, begin again, then suddenly stop. It's not fluid.

withwings

On the Ice
T/M have A LOT in common with Totmianina and Marinin. They weren't the most exciting pair (unpopular opinion: I prefer them to the in your face superficial S/Z and didn't deserve the nickname "dull and duller" :scard7:) but their programs were structured to meet their strengths and hide their weaknesses to perfection. The programs highlighted their line, unison and pure quality and let all that do all the talking. They had a team that understood them.

It's amazing that despite the whole T/M team working together for so long they still don't seem to know what type of team T/M are and how they should present them. And if actually they do they express it in all the worst ways possible :bang: Their current team has given them as much, and taken them as far, as they can. It's time for T/M to take the next step and get a new one! The Russian fed. won't suggest it because its seems they still see S/K as their #1, despite being riddled with injury, so T/M have to take the action themselves if they want to stand on the top step (they have the goods for it).

Absolutely agree.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Why are ASTAKHOVA/ROGONOV still so underrated?? They are fabulous and need to go to the Olympics. Marchei/Hotarek were also excellent here, both of these teams should have been ahead of Tarasvoa/Morozov and Stolbova/Klimov this time. I'm so tired of the Russian overscoring Tarasova/Morosov are given. If they were not the Russians who happened to be considered the #1 in the country right now, and instead skated for Turkey or something, they would be getting a full 10 points less for performances like this. Flawed jump element, sloppy pair spin, sloppy footwork sequence, very little chemistry and artistic involvement. NEXT.

skatemouse

On the Ice

Something is up with her landing foot T/M. She has the same issue on her single jump as her throw landing. Watch the video again. It looks injured. The program is just not exciting for an Oly year. They are such a talented team too.
S/K I am sorry to mention should be done. They do not have the excitement they once had. Maybe he is still injured? The twist should not be counted at all and the throw is on the side by the wall and very small. They were once amazing but did not deserve the high marks today. The other teams under them were stronger today. It just did not seem right the marks and the skating for pairs was not great today. Maybe FS will be better.