Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Junior Pairs Short Program
20 - 24 Sep 2017
Minsk, Belarus

Friday, 22 September 2017, 11:00 Local time UTC +3

Time in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

​Start Order

Entries

No.NameNation
1Lori-Ann MATTE / Thierry FERLAND
SP: Down the Road by C2C, Happy (feat. Derek Martin); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: The Scientist by G. Berryman, J. Buckland, W. Champion, C. Martin; choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
2Chloe PANETTA / Steven LAPOINTE
SP: Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season 2017/2018
Mambo No. 5, Volare, Mambo No. 5; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Ouverture (from "Funny Face") by Iva and George Gershwin, Funny Face by Iva and George Gershwin, He Loves and She Loves by Iva and George Gershwin, S'Wonderful by Iva and George Gershwin; choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
3Feiyao TANG / Yongchao YANG
SP: Rise by John Dreamer; choreo by Elvin Wong, Shae Zukiwsky
FS: Kung Fu Piano: Cello Ascends by the Piano Guys (Kung Fu Panda soundtrack); choreo by Elvin Wong, Shae Zukiwsky
CHN
4Talisa THOMALLA / Robert KUNKEL
SP: Petite Fleur by Henri Rene and his Orchestra, Booty Swing by Parov Stelar; choreo by Stefano Caruso, Dmitri Savin
FS: Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis Presley, Don't by Elvis Presley, , Hard Headed Woman by Elvis Presley; choreo by Stefano Caruso, Dmitri Savin
GER
5Irma CALDARA / Edoardo CAPUTO
SP: Mia and Sebastian's Theme (from "La La Land" soundtrack) by Justin Hurwitz, City of Stars (from "La La Land" soundtrack) by Justin Hurwitz; choreo by Nicoletta Lunghi, Paola Mezzadri
FS: The Addams Family (soundtrack) by Marc Shaiman; choreo by Nicoletta Lunghi, Paola Mezzadri
ITA
6Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOV
SP: Black Velvet performed by Alannah Myles; choreo by Nikolai Morozov, Ksenia Vaskina
FS: Alice's Theme (from "Alice in Wonderland" soundtrack) by Danny Elfman; choreo by Nikolai Morozov, Ksenia Vaskina
RUS
7Daria PAVLIUCHENKO / Denis KHODYKIN
SP: Cloud Atlas (soundtrack); choreo by Sergei Maximov, Alexei Zhelezniakov
CD: Chicago (soundtrack); choreo by Sergei Maximov, Alexei Zhelezniakov
RUS
8Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Dmitry SOPOT
SP: "Gabriel's Realm" by Nathalie Manser; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
FS: "The Unforgiven"/"Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
RUS
9Anastasiia SMIRNOVA / Artem DARENSKYI
SP Don Quixote selections by Minkus; choreo by Julia Gorbacheva
FS The Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky; choreo by Julia Gorbacheva
UKR
10Elizabeth Vasilevna KOPMAR / Jonah BARRETT
SP: California Dreamin'; choreo by Jim Peterson
LP: Snow Pas de Deux from The Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky; choreo by Jim Peterson
USA
11Audrey LU / Misha MITROFANOV
SP: "Once Upon a December" from Anastasia soundtrack; choreo by Evgeni Nemirovski, Olga Ganicheva
FS: "Memory" from Cats by Andrew Lloyd Webber and "Music of the Night" by Andrew Lloyd Webber from Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber (2016 FS); choreo by Evgeni Nemirovski, Olga Ganicheva
USA

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Dmitrii IALIN have been replaced by Panfilova/Rylov as of today.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Dmitrii IALIN have been replaced by Panfilova/Rylov as of today.

They left in the list the average pair without triple jumps (Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Dmitry SOPOT), but removed the pair with them. What a shame.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
They left in the list the average pair without triple jumps (Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Dmitry SOPOT), but removed the pair with them. What a shame.

Interesting, can Poluianova not do triple jumps? I thought she did a 3T last season unless I remembered incorrectly. And I need to check out Kostiukovich/Ialin like now. :eek::

hanca

Record Breaker

I think the previous JGP event showed us that the triples are not always the most important thing for junior pairs. Boikova/Kozlovsky can do two triples. Alexandrovskaya/Windsor can do two triples. Both pairs were beaten by Panfilova/Selkin who don't have any triples. The pairs need to have ability to skate to their maximum, as clean as possible. There is no point looking at only one aspect of skating (ability to do jumps well; they are only two elements from the FS). One needs to look at the whole picture.

Oh, and by the way, Poluyanova/Sopot do have one triple.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
I think the previous JGP event showed us that the triples are not always the most important thing for junior pairs. Boikova/Kozlovsky can do two triples. Alexandrovskaya/Windsor can do two triples. Both pairs were beaten by Panfilova/Selkin who don't have any triples. The pairs need to have ability to skate to their maximum, as clean as possible. There is no point looking at only one aspect of skating (ability to do jumps well; they are only two elements from the FS). One needs to look at the whole picture.

Oh, and by the way, Poluyanova/Sopot do have one triple.

Which is probably the reason why so many pairs do not make it when they move to seniors, where triple jumps puts you in a different tier than others.

hanca

Record Breaker
Which is probably the reason why so many pairs do not make it when they move to seniors, where triple jumps puts you in a different tier than others.

Sure, but you keep forgetting that they are in juniors to learn. Panfilova/Rylov may not have triples, but they have 4-5 more seasons of being junior eligible, so that is plenty of time to learn them. Whereas not everyone has the ability to hold your nerves skate to 100% of your ability at a competition and thats what one can't learn. Panfilova/Rylov managed that and skated clean at their first international competition, the biggest competition of their career up to date.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Sad that this starts at 4 AM Eastern US time because I won't be able to watch live due to being, well, asleep.

I'll be excited to watch the videos (THANKS, TED!) once I get up though. Especially excited for Kopmar/Barrett's debut!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sad that this starts at 4 AM Eastern US time because I won't be able to watch live due to being, well, asleep.

I'll be excited to watch the videos (THANKS, TED!) once I get up though. Especially excited for Kopmar/Barrett's debut!

well.. i will hold the fort... insomnia here...

some weird french song for the warm up... i am always impressed when french songs (mother tongue here) are performed in places like ermmm belarus ;) or croatia etc...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
matte and ferland

only mistake was step out on the throw 3loop

good "young" programme ...lots of energy....

they did walleys into their 2lz sbs

ted confirms that pair elements (lift and ds are at level 4)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i am here!!
would love to see more intensity from Chinese pair but rest of the program was really good, hopefully we can see Chinese pair at JGPF this season :pray:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
tang and yang

boy looks a bit like han yan ;)

wow

i don't know how she managed to land their throw 3loop... she fell on it all the time in warmup

young team... they had a triple twist and no major mistakes but i thought the steps and pairspin were not so great...

awesome lift position

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
new faces from Russia, some lovely moments in the program, like the section after throw into pair spin, well done!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
daria and denis

strong pair...

very strong skating skills

he is gigantic... she is super tiny.

he seems to have done a single lutz but i am not sure...

she hangs on the triple loop, good job there.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thought they would get a lot higher PCS since they looked a lot more polished but both teams are new to scene

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Panfilova/Rylov

another huge boy with tiny lady ;)

this started so flawlessly with a gorgeous 3twist, throw 3 loop... etc

but the lift dismount was bad...

costly mistake

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Panfilova and Rylov has great pair elements, i love their lift, shame about stumble at dismount but this was great :luv17: