2017 S.Korea Oly & JGP Selection events | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 S.Korea Oly & JGP Selection events

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Please, KSU, don't copy FFSG when it comes to terrible rink maintenance and more... *sigh*
At least, I'm relieved that Young managed to podium finish. Rooting for her so much! :love:

A pity for Jun, but scores are tight, I believe he can win this. I want to see The Planets FS so much... :cheer:

Yep, it's a pity for Jun Kwan, it seems like he didn't had a good practice section as well. But I am glad that after the big fall of the 4S, he delivered all other jumps. I have faith in him and really looking forward to The Planets as well! Tomorrow is a new day, Go Jun Kwan! :yes2:

bluelutz

On the Ice
The biggest surprise is the scoring gap between Yelim & Eunsoo,
which is the result of several mistakes Eunsoo made, like spin's levels and only one +3T in FS,
and Yelim's back loading strategy with her improved consistent jumps.
Before this, I thought Eunsoo was going to be a leading Korean junior lady in this season,
with her bigger jumps and more mature performing quality opposed to Yelim.
Even considering some scoring inflation @domestic competition,
with this strategy and consistency,
Yelim seems to have a better chance to medal this season internationally.

It is going to be more intriguing to see how ISU judges score Yelim's & Eunsoo's performances
compared to Kihira's and Yamashita's @Asian Open next week.

JunHwan's SP music choice is actually not bad as I felt when I saw his SP run-though footage.
It is probably the attempt to make him look more mature, but he handled it very well.
His performing style is already very mature considering his young age.
However, not only his 4S & 3T but also his 3A looks under-rotated to me, which was overlooked by judges.

https://youtu.be/lV10EVy97nM

Watch 6:45, which is the landing moment of his 3A in slow motion,
his toe hit the ice, then he rotated more than 45 degrees on the ice.

Kara

Final Flight
Carrot soup from the senior men and ladies!:drama: With the protocols I can see why the results are as they are though I still think they're being lowballed--Nahyun criminally so. And now that the broadcast version is out, I'm horrified that those ugly salmon pink and blue jackets are their official uniforms.:gaah: I propose a petition to go back to last year's uniform.

The biggest surprise is the scoring gap between Yelim & Eunsoo,
which is the result of several mistakes Eunsoo made, like spin's levels and only one +3T in FS,
and Yelim's back loading strategy with her improved consistent jumps.
Before this, I thought Eunsoo was going to be a leading Korean junior lady in this season,
with her bigger jumps and more mature performing quality opposed to Yelim.
Even considering some scoring inflation @domestic competition,
with this strategy and consistency,
Yelim seems to have a better chance to medal this season internationally.

It is going to be more intriguing to see how ISU judges score Yelim's & Eunsoo's performances
compared to Kihira's and Yamashita's @Asian Open next week.

I admit I was also on the boat that Eunsoo would be the leading junior lady, but pleasantly surprised Yelim has really brought out her technical goods and there is improvement on her end to get better at presentation. Still not sure how she'll be evaluated internationally without mistakes, but PCS rise with consistency which is an unfortunate happening so I hope they both stay consistent. Half glad they have a chance to compete against such strong rivals so soon, but also half worried because it's so close to this competition. At least Hong Kong is close.

Yelim - Huge score for her and I can only hope she can keep this up for the rest of the season! It's still such a pity how she had to miss out on Junior Worlds because of injury because I think she would have been able to put her name out there. Step sequence felt really slow so I hope she gets more pop to it, but presentation wise there's definite improvement.:agree: Her rippon lutzes are looking so good, to the point the second 3T looks weaker. Still not the biggest fan of backloading everything, but it's not too noticeable.

Eunsoo - She's gonna be the major source of heart going all over the place this upcoming season. I can feel it in my bones.:drama: Her jumps didn't seem to be as there as usual, not to mention the spins, and her movements overall weren't as sharp or popping as in the FS practice. Since all she needed to do was to get JGP spots here and it's clear that she wasn't in her best condition, I'm generally happy with how things went for her. I can only hope that whatever is bothering her isn't an injury or boot problems and she'll recover enough to kick butt on the JGP!

Even with the popped 3Ts and lower PCS, she still managed to come really close to her FS score at junior worlds which had a fall. Quite surprised at the high GOEs she received for her step sequences in both the short and free even though I love her and always think she's on fire, so we'll see how they're evaluated internationally.

Young - She definitely got tired from the combos in the second half, but kept on and didn't pop or fall on any jump! Not as comfortable in this routine as her SP, but that will come with time. Can't say I'm in love with the program yet and I'd like to see more power in the step sequence. While she wasn't able to go clean in both routines, she made her goal of top 3 so super happy for her! Can't wait to see how she'll look with more polish.:yahoo:

Yunkyung - Not as strong as she looked in her FS practice and a lot slower in her step sequence. Her rippon jumps look beautiful as always. Her PCS are so much lower than the other 3 lol.:laugh: She's the one who I think would benefit the most from international experience.:)

Hailey Shin

Medalist
After ice dance and pairs free competitions, Min/Gamelin of ice dance, Kim siblings of pairs are going to go to Nebelhorn to qualify olympic ticket.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Is there another livestream? I tried the one in the OP (both computer and mobile app) and it only works in Korea.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Is there another livestream? I tried the one in the OP (both computer and mobile app) and it only works in Korea.

ohoh maybe you should search "kbs1 livestream" at Google... I found some free links there but now I have to watch the competition so I couldn't check if they are working.

Kara

Final Flight
Nahyun

Missed the beginning of her skate, but seemed like she popped a lot of her jumps and fell.:(

Tech: 53.7
PCS: 73.49
Total: 73.49

Yujin

3F 3Lz 2A-2T 2A 3F(Step-out) 3S 3Lo-2T

Not so keen on the gloves. Some unique choreography in her step sequence.:)

Tech: 50.32
PCS: 49.94
Total: 100.26

Kara

Final Flight
Hanul

3Lz-3T 2A-3T 3F 3Lo 3Lz 3S 2A-2T-2Lo

Wonky landing on the triple flip. Pretty music. Smiles when she ends.:)

Tech: 61.91
PCS: 50.88
Total: 112.79

Kara

Final Flight
Dabin

3Lz-2T 3F 2A 2A 3Lz-2T-2Lo (Tano) 3Lo 3S (? Sorry not sure I was distracted)

Nice red dress, but it seems too big on her? Especially on the bag. The music is definitely too big for her and it's apparent when it gets to the more energetic parts of the Maria part. Finally start seeing smiles when she gets into the step sequence. Went all clean on her planned content I believe!! Beautiful and smooth skating as usual though.

Tech: 61.63
PCS: 57.12
Total: 118.75

randomfan

Record Breaker
Nahyun's skate was rough. Really rough. I hope she can completely heal from her injury fast.

Hanul's skate was so nice! We have a darkhorse here. :popcorn:

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Soyoun- 3Lo, 2A (Fall), 3F (2foot? Ur?), 3F (repeat and fall and ur?), 3S (ur?), 3Lo (ur? And fall and repeat), 2A.