2017 S.Korea Oly & JGP Selection events | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 S.Korea Oly & JGP Selection events

Kara

Final Flight
Thank you figurefan0726, I kind of lost my mind at her first fall and couldn't record anymore.:palmf::sad21:

So youn's dress was a beautiful wine red.Lovely ina-bauer. Looks so disappointed in the end..:(:( Don't worry girl. Concentrate on getting better and recover from your injuries! You still have the GP!

Tech: 38.8
PCS: 49.84
Total: 88.64

Her overall score is 149.15

Kara

Final Flight
All of the guy's costumes are dark beside Sejong's.:laugh: LOVING JUN'S COSTUME. Is it lace? I don't know, but it is gorgeous, especially on the back. His costume looks similar to Junehyoung's palette wise though lol.

Kara

Final Flight
My stream is getting choppy so i missed a lot of stuff.:sad46:

Sejong

So sad to hear he's injured.:( Lovely gradient shirt that's quite flowy. The left side of his shirt on the front came loose so it was free flying then eventually the whole front came loose lol. Absolutely beautiful music and he interprets it well. 3T-3T was also nice and high. I just hope he hasn't aggravated his injuries even further...That was also a really long wait at the Kiss and Cry...:sad21:

Tech: 45.22
PCS: 62.0
-1 deduction
Total: 106.22

Kara

Final Flight
Jinseo

4T 3A-2T 3Lz-3T 3S 3A 2Lo 2Lz 2A-2T-2Lo

I question the hanging things on his back. Love the see through fabric for his right arm though! He jumped so high for the 4T! His knees saved him on the landing, but he shot straight up. Step sequence not as strong as the one in his SP, but his emotions are being fully expressed. HIS KNEES!! Saved him on so many landings. His hair still though.

Tech: 74.19
PCS: 74.90
Total: 149.09

Kara

Final Flight
Junhwan..:hopelessness: Popped both axels, fell once, and had no combination jumps. Knowing he's injured and still having boot issues, I'm glad he will not be going to Nebelhorn to compete for Olympic spots, but I'm still so devastated for him.:sad4::sad21::cry:

Total: 129.67

Kara

Final Flight
Junehyoung

3A(Step-out) 3F(Step-out) 3Lo 3A 3F-3T 2A-2T-2Lo 3S 3Lz

Rocking out with him. His air guitar rocking is still the highlight of this program for me.

Total: 151.00

Junehyoung is going to Nebelhorn.

Kara

Final Flight
KBS why do you hurt me so and show me Junhwan's solemn face right after he finishes his FS again like that?:cry:

alohvera

Rinkside
KBS why do you hurt me so and show me Junhwan's solemn face right after he finishes his FS again like that?:cry:

Right there with you :sad21: I know that it's better for him now, but I can't help but feel so heartbroken for him right now...

Hopefully he takes this time to recover well. The performance aspect of his FS shines through so much for me and I want to see him skate this programme clean :cry:

Kara

Final Flight
Right there with you :sad21: I know that it's better for him now, but I can't help but feel so heartbroken for him right now...

Hopefully he takes this time to recover well. The performance aspect of his FS shines through so much for me and I want to see him skate this programme clean :cry:

Since he's not required to take part in the Gala I hope Brian takes him back to Toronto right away and that the press doesn't hound on him as he leaves. Please, please focus on getting rest and boots that fit.:cry:

krispy

Rinkside
Junehyoung

3A(Step-out) 3F(Step-out) 3Lo 3A 3F-3T 2A-2T-2Lo 3S 3Lz

Rocking out with him. His air guitar rocking is still the highlight of this program for me.

Total: 151.00

Junehyoung is going to Nebelhorn.

With Junehyoung history of inconsistencies in big competitions, Korea might not have a male skater in Pyeongchang again

Plumededragon

Medalist
Omg... I didn't watch, but I certainly won't, now. Poor Jun! :cry: I really hope he'll have all his problems solved before GP season. He really has to show that he can be the one for the Olympic spot (which I hope June will get at Nebelhorn for Team Korea, good luck!).

Kara

Final Flight
With Junehyoung history of inconsistencies in big competitions, Korea might not have a male skater in Pyeongchang again

Additional quota places will be available at the designated Olympic Qualifying competition Nebelhorn Trophy in Oberstdorf, Germany, in September 27 – 30, 2017: six for Men and Ladies, four for Pairs and five for Ice Dance. The host country Korea is guaranteed an extra spot per discipline if they do not qualify through the normal qualifying procedure (2017 World Championships and Olympic Qualifying competition). For example, if Korea does not qualify a Man/Women in Oberstdorf, there will be 31 competitors at the Olympic Games in PyeongChang (21 in pairs and 25 in Ice Dance). Additional quota places may become available in case countries will not use spots and give them back.

I saw this in the Nebelhorn thread and from my understanding of it, Korea will still get a spot if they don't qualify for one in Nebelhorn? I hear so many different things like the host spots thing was gotten rid of after Sochi, but then I see this and I'm just confused.:scratch2:

tinnychan

On the Ice

In the case where the host country, the Republic of Korea, went through the normal qualification
procedure and did not qualify for any or only for some of the individual events (Ladies Single
Skating, Men Single Skating, Pair Skating, Ice Dance), the Republic of Korea will be allocated one
host country place for the individual event(s).
http://static.isu.org/media/335411/qualification-system_figure-skating_v11.pdf

There are host country place in individual event. But I think Team South Korea still need to qualify in Nebelhorn in order to qualify for team event.

Andrea82

Medalist
There are 10 additional Olympic places to be used to fill uncompleted team for Team Event and for host country.
However, the order of this allocation is not entirely clear. The document posted by Tinnychan in the comment above says that they will first use them to complete team for Team Event and then for South Korea ("The host country places will only be implemented if there are remaining places from the ten (10) Team Event “Additional Athletes Quotas”.)

In this other document (http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...laces-for-the-xxiii-olympic-winter-games-2018) they seem to indicate the opposite, reporting the line quoted by Kara above.

If it is the former (additional athletes quota used first for Team Event and the for South Korea), there is a combination of results that could leave South Korea without a full team. But I think it's an unlikely set of coincidences. It should happen if Japan use it for Pairs (2), Germany for Ice Dance (2) and Italy for men (1). And then Australia qualify for Team Event but they have to fill the team with Ice Dance (2). It would result in occupying 7 places leaving only 3 for South Korea. And again South Korea will only have a problem if Min/Gamelin don't qualify on their own (at this point unlikely as also Germany should fail to quality in Ice Dance to be in this situation).

Eris

On the Ice
Sad for So youn :( please heal well, girl.
She still has a chance to qualify for the Olympics, right?

randomfan

Record Breaker
Sad for So youn :( please heal well, girl.
She still has a chance to qualify for the Olympics, right?

Yes! There is another competition in December(?) and then the National Championships in January. KSU will look at her results in those three competitions for the Olympic selection. I also hope she heals and can come back strong for the many competitions that she'll be having in the fall.

Also, I'm wondering since I don't think this was noted in the criteria, but they'll be taking the GP results into consideration too, right? Hopefully, someone can clarify :biggrin:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Sorry guys I felt so devastated just after Junhwan's free skates and couldn't think about writing a thing in this page:(

I just want Junhwan to get healed soon and go for second and third olympic qualification events and perform some nice skates there.... Even if he couldn't qualify for olympics I will root for him. He is still young and has many briliant days left in front of his way I believe:cry:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
He is still young

He is 15 years old. To say that he is still young is an understatement. It is very unfortunate this event ended as it did for him but look on the positives. He didn't perform as he did while fully fit; on the contrary he has multiple problems going on. He gave it his best shot anyway and well done to him but it's nothing to worry about. He'll heal, get proper boots and even with that, he has more opportunities to grab that Olympic spot plus the GPs are still quite a time away.

I think it'd be good for him to go simply to get a feel for the Olympics so that once he's 20 and 2022 comes along, he already has that experience. On the other hand, even if he doesn't, there's another positive which means he won't be exposed to massive amounts of pressure on home soil, even if he's not the favorite.

Don't worry, plenty of good and great days to come! :agree2:

nekun

On the Ice
if Jun doing great in GP series and won nats, he still has a change to get choosen by KSU right? :sad: