2017 World Team Trophy - Exhibition Gala | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2017 World Team Trophy - Exhibition Gala

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Evgenia's exhibition shows me I'm even MORE correct about that dreck of a Long she had. A so much personality to like in that kitschy exhibiton. Med, PLEASE, give us some amazing programs next year, so I don't have to KEEP on making enemies by rightly point out that, while you deserve to win, your programs are bad/tacky.

PPAP, Team Japan? It's just so hilariously corny that its great.

Hanyu's Swan costume basically Weir's costume minus Camille and the pant feather detail. I'm here for it.

Kanako's retirement and the group hug was super touching.

Japanese audiences are freaking great.

yude

Record Breaker
I couldn't hold back my tears seeing Kanako in the finale :sad4:

Mao, Kanako...and now I don't know how to survive when Yuzuru retires since he is a skater I've invested the most in my life :dbana:

Gala was fantastic!!

yude

Record Breaker
I was also surprised that Nathan was not there but I think he is taking the rest because he has injury on his ankle (source: TV asahi), but this is my only speculation. He is popular in Japan and actually he will come back to Japan in July for the show. I hope he'll be fine by that time :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I couldn't hold back my tears seeing Kanako in the finale :sad4:

Mao, Kanako...and now I don't know how to survive when Yuzuru retires since he is a skater I've invested the most in my life :dbana:

Gala was fantastic!!

Daisuke retiring still hurts. It was the right decision and the right time, but it still hurts. Kanako is the same age as Yuzuru. But Men's careers are usually longer. It probably depends on if Yuzuru wins Gold at the Olympics. I think if he does, the motivation for another 4 years of pain will go down quickly.

--I've said it many times, but KANAKO FOR ICE DANCE! Who can be her partner? :scratch:

Daisuke is unfortunately too small.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dang, I missed this what with work etc.

I hope there's a link to watch it especially the Death Spiral with Boyang! I gotta see that! :biggrin:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Yes, so generous of Shoma to allow Yuzuru that. So, so generous.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The stuff I read here. Comedy gold.

How did that go precisely, I wonder?
*Yuzu, Shoma, organizers together in one room*
"Okay, we have the gala order. Yuzu in 1st group, Shoma last!"
Shoma: *gets up dramatically* "I shall decline this opportunity, for I am young and do not dwell on the past and left overs of this season. My sight is set firmly on the bright future of golden Grand Prixs and Nationals and perhaps - may I dream big and bold like my puppy dog eyes - the only event that matters to the far away shores of Figure Skating imbeciles. The Olympics. And who wants to waste their karmically limited encore opportunities before the establishment of an own mascot and empire?"
Organizers: :unsure: "...okay" *changes order*
Yuzu: :roll9: "...there's a karma limit to encores one can do?"
Shoma: *leaves the room with a dramatic flick of his best success-perm strand of hair, but before lays his hand on his senpais sparkle stricken shoulder and whispers the number that should not be spoken out loud into his ear*
Yuzu: *waits until Shoma leaves the room* :dev3: "I broke that record too! Ehehehehehehehe!"

At least I'm sure that's what the Japanese media would like :p

Honest answer though: WTT always has the LP winners go last and do the encore. Which makes sense, since, you know, they don't do overall single winners.
Just look back at WTT 2015. "Overall" the winners were Sui & Han and Weaver & Poje, but it was LP winners Duhamel & Radford and Papadakis & Cizeron who got the encores.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
That was great! But I have to give it to Boyang's death spiral. It lasted longer!

Probably needs at least one partner that does pairs, so a Yuzuru/Shoma death spiral stays in the realm of fantasy. :eek:hwell:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
SO much better. Why does Averbukh have to give her such crappy competitive programs?

So crappy that she records THE HIGHEST LADIES SHORT AND FREE SCORES IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!

And to the people.complaining about Mihara's Cinderella, it was so terrible that she recorded THE HIGHEST LADIES FREE SCORE OF ANY JAPANESE LADY EVER!

Stop arguing with success. You look ridiculous.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So crappy that she records THE HIGHEST LADIES SHORT AND FREE SCORES IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!.

It's allowed to think that Evgenia deserves her scores and still think that her programs are horrible and Averbukh is a rubbish choreographer, and to wish futilely that Evgenia would get someone else to do next season's programs...

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
It's allowed to think that Evgenia deserves her scores and still think that her programs are horrible and Averbukh is a rubbish choreographer, and to wish futilely that Evgenia would get someone else to do next season's programs...

It's also allowed to think that the world is flat, despite evidence that categorically proves you wrong.

Just offering some friendly advice to avoid unnecessary embarassment.

aynia

On the Ice
How did that go precisely, I wonder?
*Yuzu, Shoma, organizers together in one room*
"Okay, we have the gala order. Yuzu in 1st group, Shoma last!"
Shoma: *gets up dramatically* "I shall decline this opportunity, for I am young and do not dwell on the past and left overs of this season. My sight is set firmly on the bright future of golden Grand Prixs and Nationals and perhaps - may I dream big and bold like my puppy dog eyes - the only event that matters to the far away shores of Figure Skating imbeciles. The Olympics. And who wants to waste their karmically limited encore opportunities before the establishment of an own mascot and empire?"
Organizers: :unsure: "...okay" *changes order*
Yuzu: :roll9: "...there's a karma limit to encores one can do?"
Shoma: *leaves the room with a dramatic flick of his best success-perm strand of hair, but before lays his hand on his senpais sparkle stricken shoulder and whispers the number that should not be spoken out loud into his ear*
Yuzu: *waits until Shoma leaves the room* :dev3: "I broke that record too! Ehehehehehehehe!"

At least I'm sure that's what the Japanese media would like :p

Honest answer though: WTT always has the LP winners go last and do the encore. Which makes sense, since, you know, they don't do overall single winners.
Just look back at WTT 2015. "Overall" the winners were Sui & Han and Weaver & Poje, but it was LP winners Duhamel & Radford and Papadakis & Cizeron who got the encores.

Hilarious! And thanks for the clarification - the skating order makes sense now. :)

Last edited: