2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
All juniors who turned seniors did that with the same pcs and tech content issues (Marin included). And some managed to have higher SB than some seniors (Marin included). With her high BVs, back-to-back almost cleans programs one time in the season like Marin would have give Rika a spot.

tars

Record Breaker
I think Rika had a better overall season than Marin with the exception of JWC, but then again, Marin didn't make worlds or 4CC at all...
her scores would've probably been higher than Marin's if she had the same level of senior PCS level scoring
Marin Honda has been World Junior Champion and World Junior Silver Medalist. Rika Kihira couldn't achieve any of these. :confused2:

rnois13

On the Ice
Marin will probably get SA-bc it's near Cali and Nathan is bound to be there, and CoC might want her back bc she seems to have a good following there.
I hope Rika K will get a 2nd invitation outside NHK, more experience will be beneficial to her. I'm certain JSF will push her name on the table.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Here is JSF's funding list for 2018-2019, created at their board meeting earlier today.
https://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2018/H30FS180426.pdf

Special athletes
Satoko Miyahara
Kaori Sakamoto
Rika Kihira
Mai Mihara
Wakaba Higuchi
Mako Yamashita

Category A
Rika Hongo
Marin Honda
Yuhana Yokoi
Nana Araki

Category B
Yuna Shiraiwa
Yura Matsuda
Rin Nitaya
Rinka Watanabe
Tomoe Kawabata
Riko Takino
Hanna Yoshida

Compared to last year, Hongo and Honda were downgraded from Special to A category, Shiraiwa from A to B, while Kihira and Yamashita were upgraded from B to Special.

sakurano

Final Flight
Here is JSF's funding list for 2018-2019, created at their board meeting earlier today.
https://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2018/H30FS180426.pdf

Special athletes
Satoko Miyahara
Kaori Sakamoto
Rika Kihira
Mai Mihara
Wakaba Higuchi
Mako Yamashita

Category A
Rika Hongo
Marin Honda
Yuhana Yokoi
Nana Araki

Category B
Yuna Shiraiwa
Yura Matsuda
Rin Nitaya
Rinka Watanabe
Tomoe Kawabata
Riko Takino
Haruna Yoshida

Compared to last year, Hongo and Honda were downgraded from Special to A category, Shiraiwa from A to B, while Kihira and Yamashita were upgraded from B to Special.
Finally we have the list of financial support which gives a glimpse of the award of the GP.

I always wondered if the order determines the hierarchy by Example in the specials Satoko is first that means that she is still the No. 1 Japanese ladies? .
It is sad to see that some skaters have downgraded places like Marin, Yuna S, Rika Hongo, Yuna Aoki who is not on the list or Yuka Nagai

For Rika Kihira if it's like Mai for her first Senior year then she will probably have 2 GPs I think in China Cup and NHK.

Now we are waiting for the confirmation that Rika K and Mako pass senior?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
So does it mean that Yuna Shiraiwa will not get any (invitational) GP spot. She is so adorable.

And she wasn't even half-bad last season. I really hope that Yura and Yuna get at least one GP to show everyone what they are capable of. I really do like Rika Kihira and also Mako Yamashita, but if they really turn senior this season, putting them in the 'special' category, isn't that a bit early? Not everyone becomes senior and rules the circuit right away.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Finally we have the list of financial support which gives a glimpse of the award of the GP.

I always wondered if the order determines the hierarchy by Example in the specials Satoko is first that means that she is still the No. 1 Japanese ladies?

At first glimpse I thought it was based on their rankings at the National Championships, but Wakaba finished ahead of Mai there. I'm not sure what the criteria is, but all girls from the Special group will get equal support.

sakurano

Final Flight
At first glimpse I thought it was based on their rankings at the National Championships, but Wakaba finished ahead of Mai there. I'm not sure what the criteria is, but all girls from the Special group will get equal support.

I thought it was based on the results they get or the WS but also it does not stick Satoko is 3 e and Wakaba 6e which makes it is in front of Mai and Kaori thanks to their placement in the world.

So much the better, because it would be sad if there was favoritism.

Thank you for keeping us informed

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
For Rika Kihira if it's like Mai for her first Senior year then she will probably have 2 GPs I think in China Cup and NHK.

How did Mai get 2 GPs in her first senior season since she missed junior and seniors nats due to her illness and had only an half season?

champs

Final Flight

ioanna

Record Breaker
Her first name is Hanna (which is how her name is officially transliterated in international comps, though it should have been Hana), not Haruna.

Sorry, thank you for correcting me. I edited the original post.

sakurano

Final Flight
How did Mai get 2 GPs in her first senior season since she miss junior and seniors nats due to her illness and had only an half season?

I do not know but it seems to me that she had a medal in one of the grand prix, maybe that comes in the selection where she got it by invitation while looking at her course that made me think of what you said about Rika K so I maybe misinterpreting it was just a deduction

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yes she had a good JGP season and made the JGPF. Maybe it was enough. Yura Matsuda got 2 GPs too.

Skye

On the Ice
How did Mai get 2 GPs in her first senior season since she missed junior and seniors nats due to her illness and had only an half season?

Mai in 2016 was already guaranteed 1 GP because her Season Best was #23 (5th highest SB among eligible Japanese ladies) so the situation is not comparable to Rika in 2018. It's easier to get 2 when you're guaranteed 1.

sakurano

Final Flight
so it's still possible for Rika to have 2 GPs even if she did not have a medal for the JGPF and JW, we always come back to the same if she has two then it will be at the expense of Yuna Shiraiwa, Rika Hongo and Yura .