2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 585 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

moriel

Record Breaker
Btw, i wonder if there is a full video of that somewhere on youtube.
VK one doesn't wanna work for me =(

anna gabriela

Rinkside
Anastasia’s coaching change to Plushenko seems to be really paying off! We are seeing her performance level and confidence improve. I hope she continues as one of Plushenko’s Angels for several seasons. Her 3-3 is still improving but the rest of her jumps seem to be better than ever.

This performance today really shows her taking steps to achieve a new level of performance. You can see flashes of that Plushenko flare starting to appear.
https://youtu.be/i4vwlJABY0I

PS:I’d love to see a pic or video of her and Yulia at the Academy while Yulia is there :pray:

I might be wrong but Nastya seems to have got a lot taller since last season so I’m really impressed at how well she’s kept her jumps, I’m really happy for her and hope to see her continue to get better and better.

neusw

On the Ice
I might be wrong but Nastya seems to have got a lot taller since last season so I’m really impressed at how well she’s kept her jumps, I’m really happy for her and hope to see her continue to get better and better.

Nastya strikes me as the perfect candidate for the Anna P role this quad: never as highly touted as other Russian ladies but very talented and can sneak in for medals and international spots.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think one should also give some credits to Londa. :hap85:

Londa....the battery powered cotton ball that doesn’t quit!! I saw the video where Anastasia was chasing her around and to my (and Londa’s) surprise she was keeping up. Maybe she’ll be upgraded to personal trainer status and earn some extra puppy snacks on the RusFed payroll as a stamina coach :)

That's right, Trusova lately is having too much trouble with her best jumps, that 3Lz + 3Lo she did until blindfolded and injured, her combination was one of the fastest in history and now she can not even do it in a simple presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrfuOjhhlUk

That was always going to be the case though. Those girls have got to grow up, whether people want them to or not. She was never going to keep the hips of a 12 year old for life and nor is it fair to expect her to so she can keep 'the fastest rotation ever'. She will still be a great skater regardless, she just may not those rotations and quads for ever. And so what? Neither will anybody else so it's not going to disadvantage her in anyway. Both she and Anna will still be equally competitive with or without quads or a 3Lz + 3Lo, just like Alena is highly competitive without them. Their quads are an extra addition, the icing on the cake. They are not what makes them winners and they will do perfectly fine without them if/when it comes to that.

Unfortunately, it's too late; today he had the opportunity to qualify for the GPF and extend his career as a skater and he squandered it, practically today he said goodbye to the Grand Prix assignments in 2019 and with that he said goodbye to his career. We will see if tomorrow also Medvedeva says goodbye to her career as a Russian skater. Zagitova, Tuktamysheva and Samodurova will continue in 2019, no matter what happens at the end of the season, they will be joined by the trio of Tutberidze plus Tarakanova and a couple of juniors with good level. It's sad, but the rest of the Russian ladies will simply be left out.

LOL - All those juniors will not be put up next year. I suspect just Sasha and Alena will, possibly Anna as well if she can keep it together and remain relatively clean with no more major mistakes for the rest of the season, though as I've said before (and people have hated me for it) I would not be at all surprised if they will hold her back another season. Unless she blows everybody out of the water between now and then Tarakanova has next to no chance of being promoted next year, probably 2020. Most of the other juniors, lovely as they are, will probably never make it to senior level internationally. Not for Russia at least.

I must say that watching Eteri imitating Alina, Sasha and Alena's hand accents along with them while watching their programs from the sidelines at the anniversary event is the my favorite thing ever.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I must say that watching Eteri imitating Alina, Sasha and Alena's hand accents along with them while watching their programs from the sidelines at the anniversary event is the my favorite thing ever.
I think she's doing that for everyone, I noticed it for a boy from her group today in the Hrystalni (I know I nailed this spelling lol) gala ^^

Elucidus

Match Penalty
LOL - All those juniors will not be put up next year. I suspect just Sasha and Alena will, possibly Anna as well if she can keep it together and remain relatively clean with no more major mistakes for the rest of the season, though as I've said before (and people have hated me for it) I would not be at all surprised if they will hold her back another season. Unless she blows everybody out of the water between now and then Tarakanova has next to no chance of being promoted next year, probably 2020. Most of the other juniors, lovely as they are, will probably never make it to senior level internationally. Not for Russia at least.

The thing is - RusFed will have zero reason to keep old seniors next season - no matter how honored they are. Considering relative domination of japanese skaters this season - it would be too dangerous and foolish for them to try to hold own powerful juniors next season unless they want to turn that domination from relative to absolute. Also considering lack of season best scores high enough to guarantee GP spots next season for most current russian seniors - trying to rely mostly on them again next season would mean just abandoning most GP tournaments to foreign skaters - which would be suicidal for RusFed reputation.
Considering the above and the fact that current age rule is still allowing it - the most expected thing they would do is to try to upgrade to seniors as much juniors as their seasons best scores are allowing (to guarantee for them seniors GP spots). So all 3A Eteri girls going to seniors next season is a settled case already. As well as Tarusina. And all Tarakanova needs to go there as well - is to get that high enough SB score at GPF too. In case she would manage it - I am sure RusFed won't try to hold her next season even if it means 5 extra juniors going up. Because at least 5 seniors is dropping out from big game already (Radionova, Pogorilaya, Sotskova, Panenkova, Tsurskaya) and replacement is needed.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
I sometimes honestly don't get how people can say that a skater is done after 2 senior seasons 😂😂 even the ones that are doing not that good now(Sotskova, Tsurskaya) or the ones that are not competing this season(Radionova, Pogorilaya), we don't know what will happen next season, we can predict but not know. Also if (russian) skaters are done from basically the moment they turn senior bc there are better juniors(which is why I think that juniors and seniors shouldn't be scored the same anyway) why don't we just eradicate the senior category all together 😂😂

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
The thing is - RusFed will have zero reason to keep old seniors next season - no matter how honored they are. Considering relative domination of japanese skaters this season - it would be too dangerous and foolish for them to try to hold own powerful juniors next season unless they want to turn that domination from relative to absolute. Also considering lack of season best scores high enough to guarantee GP spots next season for most current russian seniors - trying to rely mostly on them again next season would mean just abandoning most GP tournaments to foreign skaters - which would be suicidal for RusFed reputation.
Considering the above and the fact that current age rule is still allowing it - the most expected thing they would do is to try to upgrade to seniors as much juniors as their seasons best scores are allowing (to guarantee for them seniors GP spots). So all 3A Eteri girls going to seniors next season is a settled case already. As well as Tarusina. And all Tarakanova needs to go there as well - is to get that high enough SB score at GPF too. In case she would manage it - I am sure RusFed won't try to hold her next season even if it means 5 extra juniors going up. Because at least 5 seniors is dropping out from big game already (Radionova, Pogorilaya, Sotskova, Panenkova, Tsurskaya) and replacement is needed.

I agree with half of this. I do think they will move up at least four juniors including all of the Eteri girls and likely Tarakanova as long as they continue to have consistent results. It would be ridiculous to not have a senior eligible girl doing quads for another year in juniors, especially if any of the current juniors ends up injured or inconsistent in their first senior season.

However I disagree with this idea that “at least five” seniors are dropping out. Tuktamysheva has demonstrated that you can’t discount a skater who has a had a couple challenging seasons. She looks like Russia’s clear number 2 and could very well earn a medal at Worlds if she keeps her consistency (and may even up her TES based on her instagram). I’m also not sure we should count Sotskova out yet. I think she may have taken a lot of time off after the Olympics and starting school but she’s looking much improved. Today’s performance will be important but if she does well and continues to improve before nationals she could still be Russia’s number three.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Russia obviously has the greatest depth in ladies figure skating and when you add Sasha Alena and Anna to that makes next season it will be unbelievable and unbeatable as far as depth goes and quality of depth for that matter. Japan is obviously the greatest threat to Russia growing their dominance in ladies figure skating and heading into the 2022 Olympic Games Russia may be favored to win gold but the top Japanese girls will be a threat as they are now. Eteri had two great skaters for this last Olympics she's going to want 3 for the next Olympic Games.

Next season you will add the great Juniors to Zagitova a back in form Medvedeva Liza an improving Sofia and an improving Gubanova it will be an unbelievable amount of depth and quality of depth. I don't think any country has ever had the amount of good skaters in seniors and juniors in one discipline as Russia has with the ladies and it will be incredible to see it all unfold in the next couple years when Russia literally could have six of the top 10 ranked lady skaters in the world and 10 of the top 20. It could get mind-blowing!

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If they move all of the top juniors up next season then which juniors will be able to score into the 200’s next season on the JGP? I have long thought that the key to the depth and success of Russian ladies was the domination at the junior level with near guarantee first and or second in nearly all the events. Then after two years in juniors the girls move up with a reputation and hopefully a very high finish at JWC. With this comes great reputation and great shot at two events on the GP. Even ignoring individual marks and success I think that just coming from such depth of success can impact the perception of the entire team.

So who are the guarantees next year to do that if Russia floods the senior rankings with all of their promising juniors three years before the Olympics?

Poor Eteri will never have a day off either. Train, fly, Train, fly, Train, fly, Nats, train, etc... How can she be at the training days for all of them if she’s at events Wed-Sunday or how can she be at the events if she’s at Sambo Mon-Fri.

Scott512

Record Breaker
If they move all of the top juniors up next season then which juniors will be able to score into the 200’s next season on the JGP? I have long thought that the key to the depth and success of Russian ladies was the domination at the junior level with near guarantee first and or second in nearly all the events. Then after two years in juniors the girls move up with a reputation and a high finish at JWC. Great reputation and guarantee of events on the GP. Even ignoring individual marks and success I think that just coming from such depth of success can impact the perception of the entire team to fansvand judges.

So who are the guarantees next year to do that if Russia floods the senior rankings with all of their promising juniors three years before the Olympics?

Poor Eteri will never have a day off either. Train, fly, Train, fly, Train, fly, Nats, train, etc... How can she be at the training days for all of them if she’s at events Wed-Sunday or how can she be at the events if she’s at Sambo Mon-Fri.

Dudakov will assume greater travelling duties. And Eteri will have to expand her coaching staff. It's going to happen it has to happen.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dudakov will assume greater travelling duties. And Eteri will have to expand her coaching staff. It's going to happen it has to happen.

TBH I’m more interested to know who the “aces in the hole” for next season RusFed juniors will be. Hpw many can break 200? How many expected to podium at JWC? It’s a big deal IMO to control that podium and the JGPF.

Eteri’s girls are already used to performing without her direct help and guidance during events. Several will probably debut without her there anyway just like JGP or she’ll just be at Sambo less during the season for the other skaters training. Her staff is big and already do a lot of the work anyway but she does have a valuable in person role too so she’ll want to be there as much as possible I assume. I’m not predicting doom or anything just trying to imagine the workload she’ll have with four senior medal contending skaters with three of which making their first appearances on the GP. Those are big moments for a skater.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
TBH I’m more interested to know who the ace in the hole for next season RusFed juniors will be. How many expected to podium at JWC? It’s a big deal IMO to control that podium and the JGPF.

Eteri’s girls are already used to performing without her direct help and guidance during events. Several will probably debut without her there anyway just like JGP or she’ll just be at Sambo less during the season for the other skaters training. Her staff is big and already do a lot of the work anyway but she does have a valuable in person role too so she’ll want to be there as much as possible I assume.

Next year's big junior eligible names: Kamila Valieva, Daria Usacheva, Maya Kromykh (all Eteri's girls born in early 2006)
More juniors who can score huge: Alena Kanysheva, Ksenia Sinitsyna (her FS today almost made me cry, it was so good), and Viktoria Vasilieva if she stops being so underscored
More names who could've been sent but weren't that can score well: Viktoria Safonova, Anastasia Kostyuk (bad day for her but yesterday was sooo good)