2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 913 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Giltedge

Final Flight
Still upset for Liza, but the Australian SBS had their highlights show for the Euros (we're so late :laugh:) and I was reminded how awesomely Sofia performed! :) I'm looking forward to seeing her at Worlds and have my fingers crossed!

Liza's 3As in the twitter/Instagram posts are awesome as anything! Go Empress!

There's also the Universiade on soon and Junior Worlds...busy time for figure skating fans.

...And expensive time, for those not on unlimited data contracts :hopelessness:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Whole post again :p

Thanks a lot for this! Other than this, what do you think Sinitsina's chances are for getting 2 JGP spots? I think out of all of the above mentioned girls except for Kamila she's my favourite ^_^

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Thanks a lot for this! Other than this, what do you think Sinitsina's chances are for getting 2 JGP spots? I think out of all of the above mentioned girls except for Kamila she's my favourite ^_^

I love her too! I think pretty high because she was 4th at junior nationals, and all 3 girls above her should be moving to seniors :)

Giltedge

Final Flight
I believe both Daria and Maya were with Tsareva, and Kamila at Moskvich (not sure of the coach) but I could definitely be wrong

I see, thank you, SfM.

On the JGP circuit, there promises to be an interesting battle of the schools, with Eteri's 3 top contenders and Panova with 3 to 5 :shocked: (! if Nastyas Sh and K do get a spot).

Pity about Sofya A, I think she just misses eligibility by a month or so (?). But at least, the two Sofyas A and S should have rich pickings for other medal treasure, along with, perhaps Elizaveta B and a couple of up-and-coming youngsters.

As if it is even possible, next season may be even more gripping than this. We'll be spoilt for choice between a fantastically exciting GP and a fabulously thrilling JGP. :hap85:

Giltedge

Final Flight

In my opinion, a high chance for both her and Alёna (Panova's one), perhaps stronger for the latter if there had to be a choice between them. If Nastya T or Vika V stay behind (I think the latter will), that would reduce the chances of 2 spots for KS and AK. Actually, I wouldn't think AK is in doubt.

SkateSkates

Medalist
In my opinion, a high chance for both her and Alёna (Panova's one), perhaps stronger for the latter if there had to be a choice between them. If Nastya T or Vika V stay behind (I think the latter will), that would reduce the chances of 2 spots for KS and AK. Actually, I wouldn't think AK is in doubt.

I would think the 1st 4 to get JGP spots would be Sinitsina, Kanysheva, Vasilyeva and Tarakanova and then Kamila, Maya etc. but all can change after younger age and elder age nats.

Vandevska

Medalist
My excitement levels for the upcoming Junior Worlds are through the roof! I feel like I've drank 3 coffees :p Today I bought a small doggo plushie as well as different chocolate bars from a factory in my home town for each of the 3A, and I also got Alina a puppy plushie but a different one, and the chocolates too! I got them a small plastic lotus flower, but then I forgot to get one for Alina :( I'll be adding a note for each of them, and I hope I can give Alina's gift to someone from the team. https://imgur.com/a/1fNGjMU
I'll be getting them bigger plushies for the FS when I get there since I don't have space in my bag.

SkateSkates

Medalist
My excitement levels for the upcoming Junior Worlds are through the roof! I feel like I've drank 3 coffees :p Today I bought a small doggo plushie as well as different chocolate bars from a factory in my home town for each of the 3A, and I also got Alina a puppy plushie but a different one, and the chocolates too! I got them a small plastic lotus flower, but then I forgot to get one for Alina :( I'll be adding a note for each of them, and I hope I can give Alina's gift to someone from the team. https://imgur.com/a/1fNGjMU
I'll be getting them bigger plushies for the FS when I get there since I don't have space in my bag.

So cute! I am very jealous you will be seeing them in person

Giltedge

Final Flight
I would think the 1st 4 to get JGP spots would be Sinitsina, Kanysheva, Vasilyeva and Tarakanova and then Kamila, Maya etc. but all can change after younger age and elder age nats.

That sounds about right, although KV MKh DU have podiumed significantly more in domestic competitions this season. Junior standings (the rankings) count a little too perhaps, although they are absurdly outdated and include some weirdly irrelevant names at the top. There may also be a tiny anti-Team-Tutberidze weighting factored in surreptitiously (purely because of the dominance factor not the irrationality that seems to exist) which may slightly benefit AK, KS and AF (I suspect it wouldn't apply to AS if she is fortunate to get through; they'd probably give her a single and difficult posting) and AT, VV. Such politicking would be invisible to us, even if we labour under suspicions.

Giltedge

Final Flight

To be actually attending in person! I can imagine the excitement building up. :hap93:Will there be an opportunity for some fan-cam?
In any case, it will be nice to hear your eyewitness accounts and impressions, if not live, at least when you get back home!

Vandevska

Medalist
To be actually attending in person! I can imagine the excitement building up. :hap93:Will there be an opportunity for some fan-cam?
In any case, it will be nice to hear your eyewitness accounts and impressions, if not live, at least when you get back home!

I have an older, slow phone and I don't own a different camera, so I can only film some short videos, but mostly I wanna focus on seeing it, so I might give you much content, sorry ^_^

I hope the security will let me sit through the practices too! My number one wish is to maybe take a picture with them :luv17:

However, I will bring my laptop too, so I can post how the day went once I'm back in the hotel ^_^

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Here are all the skaters that I think have a chance to make their junior debut next season:

Kamila Valieva Expected JGP spots: 2

Maya Kromykh Expected JGP spots: 2

Daria Usacheva Expected JGP spots: 2 if the rest of the season is good

Viktoria Safonova Expected JGP spots: 0-2 (if she gets 1, she has a high chance of getting a 2nd if others falter)

Anna Frolova Expected JGP spots: 0-1.

Anastasia Shabotova Expected JGP spots: 0-1.

Anastasia Kostyuk and Maria Smirnova are also wonderful but I doubt they'll get any spots :(

Intersting summary about the up and coming juniors. If Im correct there is 7 competitions and someone said one would be in russia so that would give russia 15 spots total. They are going to want to give 2spots to at least 6 so they can fight for a spot at the JGPF (will the sweep com this year?) so total of 9 skaters can get spots (where the three who does "worst" in their first event wont get a 2nd one).
I think we also must consider the ones we have seen this season who are still not senior eligeble or first year senoirs who wont get GPs.

2nd year juniors. I would say that Kanysheva and Sinistya will get at least one JGP this season, Kanysheva did wonderful at the JGP and Sinistya really well at nationals.

1st year seniors. My guess here is that Tarakanova and Vasilieva will do one more seson of the JGP as well as hopefully a CS each. They both have basically nonexistent chances of getting GPs due to not being in the top 24SB list.

These are the ones that come to mind for me for next sesons JGP but there are probably even more contenders that im not thinking about.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice

Hey, I will be going too! It will be my first live competition, so I am very excited. So far only bought cute pandas for the less famous girls, the ones that don't receive tons of plushies. But I am thinking also of a fairy for Anna and a scary monster for Sasha :) Any ideas are more than welcome...

SkateSkates

Medalist
Hey, I will be going too! It will be my first live competition, so I am very excited. So far only bought cute pandas for the less famous girls, the ones that don't receive tons of plushies. But I am thinking also of a fairy for Anna and a scary monster for Sasha :) Any ideas are more than welcome...

Maybe a vampire for Alena 😉

Vandevska

Medalist
Maybe a vampire for Alena ��
This is a great idea! Maybe the second plushie I get can be vampire themed ^_^

I asked this a couple of months ago, and I saved a couple of the replies, the first one I don't remember whose it was, but the second one was Sam-Skwanch's I think. Might be helpful ^_^

Since these girls all have little doggies for pets, I suggest little pluche dogs for their collection.
Or those squeaky doggie toys, small chow ropes, etc., teddy bears they probably have more than enough.
I don't know how feasible this is, but Sasha clearly adores Tina, so maybe if you see something that looks like her?

I would love it if somebody made Sasha a Kill Bill-inspired plushy (or Fifth Element!) Maybe a dog dressed up in the yellow tracksuit [example: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo1Gh_6ByPM/ ]

This Diva stuffed animal from 5th element is cool: http://www.stumpytown.com/plushie/
There were a few cool T-shirt’s on Etsy that were 5th element related and one even said Supreme Being

SkateSkates

Medalist
What do you think are the chances that Tarakanova somehow gets a senior GP next year?

Very low unless she gets the host pick or multiple people on the SB list above her sit out next season :(
Her best bet is to do the JGP again and a senior challenger to increase her PB with the additional element in senior.