2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 914 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Here are all the skaters that I think have a chance to make their junior debut next season
Good summary :thumbsup:

Right now i think we'll see for sure, on the next JGP season, at least Kanysheva, Sinitsyna, Valieva and Khromykh.

For Usacheva, Frolova, Safonova, Shabotova and Smirnova the test skates, and if Tarakanova and Vasilieva goes up, will be decisive.

To me Tarakanova and Vasilieva both better stay in junior for another season. Tarakanova can lead the team, while Vasilieva can redeem herself and represent Davydov on the competition, waiting for Samodelkina (2020/2021). Right now Smirnova don't seem as ready.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Good summary :thumbsup:

Right now i think we'll see for sure, on the next JGP season, at least Kanysheva, Sinitsyna, Valieva and Khromykh.

For Usacheva, Frolova, Safonova, Shabotova and Smirnova the test skates, and if Tarakanova and Vasilieva goes up, will be decisive.

To me Tarakanova and Vasilieva both better stay in junior for another season. Tarakanova can lead the team, while Vasilieva can redeem herself and represent Davydov on the competition, waiting for Samodelkina (2020/2021). Right now Smirnova don't seem as ready.

I hardly think Vika needs to any redeeming :con3: She has been quietly proving her strengths this season, and did well at RChYG, RN (second highest TES behind Asya), RJN, RCF bronze medal... lost track there have been so many. Vika seems to suffer"damned with faint praise" a lot.

Giltedge

Final Flight
I have an older, slow phone and I don't own a different camera, so I can only film some short videos, but mostly I wanna focus on seeing it, so I might give you much content, sorry ^_^

I hope the security will let me sit through the practices too! My number one wish is to maybe take a picture with them :luv17:

However, I will bring my laptop too, so I can post how the day went once I'm back in the hotel ^_^

Understand of course. Any news or reminiscences afterwards would always be appreciated.

Hey, I will be going too! It will be my first live competition, so I am very excited. So far only bought cute pandas for the less famous girls, the ones that don't receive tons of plushies. But I am thinking also of a fairy for Anna and a scary monster for Sasha :) Any ideas are more than welcome...

Good to know there will be plenty of real-life fans there supporting our jubilant juniors. Thinking of last year's rather dismal venue and fairly poor turnout at Sofia when Sasha quadded spectacularly (not to downplay those who did make their way there and offer support).

You're certainly in for a treat.

:hap85:

malya

On the Ice
And like I expected nobody cares about FS at the Universiade when neither Zhenya nor Liza are there RIP. Such a good chance for promotion is missed :(

But the super juniors are exciting I can agree on that!

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
And like I expected nobody cares about FS at the Universiade when neither Zhenya nor Liza are there RIP. Such a good chance for promotion is missed :(

But the super juniors are exciting I can agree on that!

Well no ! Waiting for 4S from Elizabeth. Come on girl! :yahoo:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
I hardly think Vika needs to any redeeming :con3: She has been quietly proving her strengths this season, and did well at RChYG, RN (second highest TES behind Asya), RJN, RCF bronze medal... lost track there have been so many. Vika seems to suffer"damned with faint praise" a lot.
I meant just about the JGP itself. She was the lower scored russian lady of the past tournament, but right now i think that she can do better than most of the newer eligible, because of how well her performances and results have grow on this season.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Wait. When is the Universiade, and which juniors and seniors ladies are competing? ( I’ve been absent from the forum for a while)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Wait. When is the Universiade, and which juniors and seniors ladies are competing? ( I’ve been absent from the forum for a while)

No juniors at the Universiade. Only University students are eligible.

Apparently Stanislava and Maria are competing but I'm not 100% sure as there has been some shuffling around.

tempo

On the Ice
The Russian MatchTV channel announced the story "A stewardess named Liza" on March 7th at 16:30 msk (Moscow time).
Does the Empress Strike Back? :laugh:

Giltedge

Final Flight
Winter Universiade Krasnoyarsk

Ladies Short Programme
Friday 8th March 14h00 KSK (local) = GMT 07h00

Ladies Free Skate Programme
Saturday 9th March 19h30 = GMT 12h30 (not confirmed)

KSK is MSK + 4, EET + 5, CET + 6, GMT +7, EST +12, PST +15