2018-19 Tohoku-Hokkaido Regionals (East) | Golden Skate

2018-19 Tohoku-Hokkaido Regionals (East)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Tohoku-Hokkaido Regionals (東北・北海道選手権大会)
Date: Sept 21-24, 2018

Entries (preliminary, in Japanese): https://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2CNational/2018-2019/fs_j/block1/index.htm
Schedule: https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2018-2019/fs_j/block1/09-06_schedule.pdf

*Numbers from top placements advancing to Sectional (Eastern)
Sr. men: 6 (including 1 exempted entry of Sato Hiroaki [CS-US Classics assignment])
Sr. ladies: 5
Jr. men: 11
Jr. ladies: 10

Results (w/protocol, in Japanese): https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2018-2019/fs_j/block1/index.htm
Results (w/protocol, in English): https://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2CNational/2018-2019/fs_e/block1/index.htm

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
ENTRIES
(Without the aid of furigana there may be some inaccuracies with the romaji. The ? indicates names I was unable to find though research, give a good guess at or am unsure of. Please inform me of any errors I may have made.)

Senior Men
1) 鈴 木 潤 ~ Jun Suzuki

Senior Ladies
1) 加 藤 花 怜 ~ Karen Kato
2) 三 善 友 奈 ~ Yuna Miyoshi
3) 山 本 真 由 ~ Mayu Yamamoto
4) 廣 谷 帆 香 ~ Honoka Hirotani
5) 大 澤 寧 子 ~ Nene Osawa
6) 壷 井 麗 美 ~ Reimi Tsuboi
7) 岡 明日菜 ~ Asuna Oka
8) 加 藤 叶 佳 ~ Kyoka Kato

Junior Men
1) 岩 野 颯 太 ~ Sota Iwano
2) 坪 井 聖 弥 ~ Seiya Tsuboi
3) 北 村 凌 大 ~ Ryota Kitamura
4) 加 藤 海 里 ~ Kairi Kato
5) 赤 間 天 翔 ~ Tensho Akama

Junior Ladies
1) 森 本 璃 々 ~ Riri Morimoto
2) 佐 藤 妃 依 ~ Hiyori Sato
3) 佐々木 麗 華 ~ Reika Sasaki
4) 中 本 有 咲 ~ Arisa Nakamoto
5) 長 岡 里 桜 ~ Rio Nagaoka
6) 宮 本 藍 里 ~ Airi Miyamoto
7) 青 木 心 春 ~ Koharu Aoki
8) 堀 内 遥 ~ Haruka Horiuchi
9) 林 璃 花 ~ Rika Hayashi
10) 林 日 和 ~ Hiyori Hayashi
11) 扇 谷 彩 花 ~ Ayaka Ogiya
12) 清 水 柚梨恵 ~ Yurie Shimizu
13) 大 関 凜 花 ~ Rinka Oseki
14) 渡 辺 倫 果 ~ Rinka Watanabe
15) 鈴 木 な つ ~ Natsu Suzuki
16) 中 川 涼 ~ Ryo Nakagawa
17) 千 葉 百 音 ~ Mone Chiba
18) 千 葉 広 美 ~ Hiromi Chiba
19) 三 浦 向日葵 ~ Himari Miura
20) 菊 地 未 莉 ~ Imari Kikuchi
21) 根 本 愛 子 ~ Aiko Nemoto
22) 一 色 紗矢夏 ~ Sayaka Isshiki
23) 藤 﨑 鈴 ~ Suzu Fujisaki
24) 森 本 美 羽 ~ Miu Morimoto
25) 小 出 海 羽 ~ Miu Koide

Notable regulars missing from this list~
EDIT: Shun Sato will be competing with the Junior Men at Kanto Regionals.
Due to his participation in U.S. Classic International the week prior, Hiroaki Sato is exempt from this event.
For unknown reasons Kazuki Hasegawa is not scheduled to compete at Regionals this season.
ANOTHER EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that Haruka Imai has retired from competition.

Since most do not follow the results of Novice skaters, I will only be posting Novice entries who are familiar names.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Thanks to tsuyoboogie for adding the complete entry list w/ names in English. I'll add to a couple of names that were uncertain below:

Junior Ladies

5) 長 岡 里 桜 ~ ? Nagaoka (ながおか りお, so should be Rio Nagaoka?)
8) 堀 内 遥 ~ Haruka Horiuchi (yes!)
16) 中 川 涼 ~ Suzu? Nakagawa (Ryo Nakagawa)

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Thanks to tsuyoboogie for adding the complete entry list w/ names in English. I'll add to a couple of names that were uncertain below:

Thank you cohkaix! I have made the corrections to my original post.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Competition D2

With the competion of competitions from D2, most of the competitions are done and only Jr ladies' FS will be left until tomorrow. So now we have the preliminary list of top skaters qualifying for East Sectionals:

Sr. Men
1. 鈴 木 潤 Jun Suzuki (Total: 163.03)

Sr. Ladies
1.廣谷 帆香 Honoka Hirotani (151.17)
2.大澤 寧子 Nene Oosawa (134.32)
3.三善 友奈 Yuna Miyoshi (121.32)
4.加藤 花怜 Karen Kato (116.51)
5.壷井 麗美 Reimi Tsuboi (106.13)

Jr. men
1. 坪井 聖弥 Seiya Tsuboi (128.56)
2. 赤間 天翔 Tensho Akama (126.19)
3. 北村 凌大 Ryota Kitamura (113.79)
4. 加藤 海里 Kairi Kato (112.77)
5. 岩野 颯太 Sota Iwano (105.77)

Jr ladies *top 12 after SP
1.渡辺 倫果 Rinka Watanabe 48.75
2.千葉 百音 Mone Chiba 44.68
3.中本 有咲 Arisa Nakamoto 42.43
4.宮本 藍里 Airi Miyamoto 40.81
5.三浦 向日葵 Himari Miura 40.40
6.中川 涼 Ryo Nakagawa 39.93

7.鈴木 なつ Natsu Suzuki 38.63
8.清水 柚梨恵 Yurie Shimizu 37.57
9.青木 心春 Koharu Aoki 37.47
10.大関 凜花 Rinka Oseki 35.76
11.小出 海羽 Miu Koide 35.12
12.藤﨑 鈴 Suzu Fujisaki 34.44

NB: Again, JSF is doing a very efficient work of providing LIVE scores, also the protocols are updated almost right after the competitions. So the protocols can be found here: https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2018-2019/fs_j/block1/index.htm

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Competition D3:

Final results from Jr. Ladies (top 10 advancing to Eastern Sectionals)

1. 千葉 百音 Mone CHIBA (Total: 140.51)
2. 鈴木 なつ Natsu SUZUKI (135.94)
3. 渡辺 倫果 RINKA WATANABE (131.57)
4. 中川 涼 Ryo NAKAGAWA (121.39)
5. 宮本 藍里 Airi MIYAMOTO (120.52)
6. 三浦 向日葵 Himari Miura (116.01)
7. 青木 心春 Koharu AOKI (113.75)
8. 中本 有咲 Arisa NAKAMOTO (111.48)
9. 大関 凜花 RINKA OSEKI (109.64)
10.清水 柚梨恵 YURIE SHIMIZU (102.29)

Congratulations to the medalists!

NB:
- Kind of surprised by the results of Rinka Watanabe, I think she was doing fine with high scores (at least over 180) from summer competitions in Canada. Well, maybe she's not used to the rink in Japan or is having problems with adjusting. She did challenged 3A in the FS (but got << with two-footed landing).
- All results w/ protocols have been updated here: https://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2CNational/2018-2019/fs_j/block1/index.htm

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
^ Rinka is no stranger to urs but her protocois from Regionals do seem a bit harsh. URs and downgrades aside she even lost levels on spins and steps when compared to her protocols from Minto Summer Skate.
As you mentioned, she could have very well had trouble adjusting to an unfamiliar rink, which could also explain a possibly rough performance at the JGP selection event, ultimately failing her to qualify for a spot.
However, I'm thinking this could also be somewhat indicative of the different approach to judging used in domestic competitions held Japan vs those held in Canada.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
^ Rinka is no stranger to urs but her protocois from Regionals do seem a bit harsh. URs and downgrades aside she even lost levels on spins and steps when compared to her protocols from Minto Summer Skate.
As you mentioned, she could have very well had trouble adjusting to an unfamiliar rink, which could also explain a possibly rough performance at the JGP selection event, ultimately failing her to qualify for a spot.
However, I'm thinking this could also be somewhat indicative of the different approach to judging used in domestic competitions held Japan vs those held in Canada.

I mentioned the reason of adjustment, as I recalled that during SP, it was reported on twitter that Rinka was jumping very close to the wall with the combination jump. But it could also be true that the judging systems between Canada and Japan are quite different. But interestingly, IIRC, Rinka was competiting at senior level and in Japna it's for junior.