2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 258 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
If Hannah or Ting or whoever wants to think Beijing they need to probably move to seniors next year. A year to feel and test the waters. Then a year before the olympics to give the hint you are ready for the US team and or medal then go for it.

nope. learn from Alina.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ting I think should go full senior, but there's nothing wrong with double-dipping junior AND senior events if you want to maximize your chances of winning + experience. JGPF/JW chances next season are gonna be wild with the 3A going senior, so girls can definitely take advantage there.

edit: scratch that now I want Ting to do JGP so she can make it to JGPF!

skatenewbie

Medalist
hannah needs to get her lvl 4s and work on her ss and transitions but the latter would be more gradual
she did get LSp3 and CCoSp3 but she get StSq4 which is even hardet actually. The judges really harsh on her GOEs though. Her layback was good even though not level 4, she barely get 3s at all even though her jump should have some +3s.

natsulian

Final Flight
Ting was angry about the missed 3-flip, but I am beyond proud of her for ending her season on a high note. Ting really went out there and fought for everything and hopefully she's had that breakthrough she's been looking for. I'm sure being near-clean, but not managing to do so has lit a flame within her.

chasseneige

Rinkside
Ting is so pleasing to watch on ice. Her jumps were beautiful today and I’m so glad she has a junior worlds medal!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ting should move up to Seniors next season. She will be a contender at Nationals and it's not like Bradie and Mariah are the second coming of Gracie and Ashley where they are the class of the field and unbeatable if clean.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
This is so amazing! I can’t believe Ting ended up on the podium. She always peaks at the end of the season, but still. The one flip got away from her because she got too excited too soon, but what a joyous performance. She skates with lots of flow, speed, and JOY! Great job!! (Also Hanna did a really respectable job! She was 7th...as Ting was last year!!) I think Ting is ready to move up for seniors, she just needs to work on being ready to perform well at the start of the season AS WELL AS at the end :) . Keep going, keep working! (And have fun at the gala ... you earned it!!)

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Congrats to Ting! I really enjoy her skating and I'm so happy that she could put together two great programs and end up on the podium! Her elegance and sophistication on the ice was in the highest tier today and she fought for everything :) Definitely looking forward to her first senior season, there's just so much to enjoy about her.

Congrats to Hanna for putting together two programs with no fall... AGAIN!!! To do it at Nationals and JWC is amazing. Her jumps are so pleasing and there's so much potential there. I like her ambition to learn harder jumps and I will root for her to be able to do them successfully in the future and push the other US ladies to do the same :)

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Ting's posture is just so beautiful. She must have some serious ballet training otherwise I cannot explain. I believe with more competitive experiences, she will be more consistent. With her proper techniques, she should have a long career and continue improving.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know this is the ladies' thread, but I just wanted to say how great the US did at this JW in every discipline. Gold and bronze in singles, a small bronze medal in Dance. And in all four disciplines, 3 spots for JW 2020 plus maximum JGP entries.

Shani

On the Ice
Ting and Hanna were great. Hanna was underscored missing the JGP season from injury. But they were both amazing today for USA. Ting had great focus understanding the tech level that would follow. She nailed her skate. I hope too that we can see more of Trusova and that she will retain those quads with growth.

natsulian

Final Flight
Prior to the 2019 World Junior Championships, Hanna had FOUR ISU international assignments, including 1 Junior Grand Prix which she competed after having only slightly recovered from a foot injury and the Egna Trophy. Hanna’s last two international assignments were way back in 2017. To go from being an unknown to scoring 203 at Nationals, grab the Pewter medal, and then score nearly 180 at an ISU Championship event is not only formdiable, but shows how determined and competitive Hanna truly is. I see Hanna and Ting as almost yin and yang as each possesses what the other does not, but as the ladies are great friends, I’m sure they will push one another to maximize and tap into their respective potential. Congrats to the ladies (and everyone else, Team USA truly brought the goods) and good luck in the upcoming seasons.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
It’s been completely quiet from Mariah and Bradie, I guess they are too busy preparing for worlds to give us an update on their conditions, etc. I can understand that. But how I would love to see an Instagram post or an interview with one or both of them! I want to know how the 3-3 is going for Mariah and how the lutz-loop is going for bradie.