Curiousity on sizing "name" - Edea | Golden Skate

Curiousity on sizing "name" - Edea

hope_skate

Rinkside
Country
Russia
This may sound random, but a friend and I were talking about Edea sizing and how they don't correspond to the length of the insole. For context, there's this website where you sell second-hand stuff and she's selling her skates (wrong fit for her feet). So, she got this message saying that she's "misleading" them because she put the size in the description as 250C and the insole measurement is not 250mm (they asked her for measurements and she provided them). For example, I wear a size larger at 255C and the measurement is around 245-247mm~ so definitely this is across board with Edea.

This made me curious, what are they referring to if not the length of the insole?

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
This may sound random, but a friend and I were talking about Edea sizing and how they don't correspond to the length of the insole. For context, there's this website where you sell second-hand stuff and she's selling her skates (wrong fit for her feet). So, she got this message saying that she's "misleading" them because she put the size in the description as 250C and the insole measurement is not 250mm (they asked her for measurements and she provided them). For example, I wear a size larger at 255C and the measurement is around 245-247mm~ so definitely this is across board with Edea.

This made me curious, what are they referring to if not the length of the insole?
I don't wear Edeas, so I'm just guessing that perhaps they measure the length of the outside of the boot, which would include the thickness of the boot material, and then round up to the nearest 0 or 5? One of our technicians can be more accurate than my guess, but that's what I would assume. I've never measured the insole of any of my boots of any brand, always the length of the outer sole.