2018-2019 Programs By Discipline | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Programs By Discipline

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is, an it sounds like the version of Fanfare Ciocarlia, a Romanian brass band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7W4-DLFEA
I couldn't imagine an American skating to Balkan music and personally, it looks like the person who made the video just chose a favourite piece of music as a background. But if that's his music, it would be really cool! Balkan music is very energetic and full of soul, he could definitely benefit from it and be a bit more playful with the audience!

I’m very intrigued that this tune would be thought of as “Balkan” because the band playing it is from the Balkans.

Caravan is a Duke Ellington composition, the essence of jazz, and of course jazz is the quintessential American art form. Even when interpreted by a Roma band. ;)

Either way, if it really is Nathan’s music, I applaud it:clap:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Hello everyone! This is my first post but I've been lurking for quite a long time! I'm extremely excited for the new season to begin and to see all the new programs and comment with you all!

LOVE your username.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It is, an it sounds like the version of Fanfare Ciocarlia, a Romanian brass band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7W4-DLFEA
I couldn't imagine an American skating to Balkan music and personally, it looks like the person who made the video just chose a favourite piece of music as a background. But if that's his music, it would be really cool! Balkan music is very energetic and full of soul, he could definitely benefit from it and be a bit more playful with the audience!

This girl (she's the one who originally shared the clip) confirmed that this is his SP music, but the choreo isn't from the SP.

nathanwchen.fanThis is what people are saying his new short program music is. I feel like it doesn't fit him or the moves he is doing.🤔 QOTD: Is this his real music?

amber.sk8sLol yeah. I recorded him practicing his program choreography too but didn’t post it. The moves he is doing aren’t for his new program, that’s why it doesn’t seem to match the music lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlBtxERhIpi/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=yw44ma2ukl5y

bewitched

On the Ice
I’m very intrigued that this tune would be thought of as “Balkan” because the band playing it is from the Balkans.

Caravan is a Duke Ellington composition, the essence of jazz, and of course jazz is the quintessential American art form. Even when interpreted by a Roma band. ;)

Either way, if it really is Nathan’s music, I applaud it:clap:
I know very well Caravan and the music genre it belongs to because I have played the original version in a band. I was commenting on this specific version of Caravan because, like I said, I was surprised that an American has chosen a Balkan interpretation.

shine

Record Breaker
Looking at her past programs I don't know if she's ready to be a choreographer.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I don't think she did those. You never know, she might be really good. Let's wait and see :)

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I guess I had wishful thinking when I thought that was an announcement that Zijun was returning and getting a new sp from some choreographer I didn’t know...😓

LRK

Record Breaker
I guess I had wishful thinking when I thought that was an announcement that Zijun was returning and getting a new sp from some choreographer I didn’t know...😓

:console: I miss her too… I'm happy for her finding congenial work after her competitive career, but I can't help but wish that she'd come back... Sigh...

shine

Record Breaker
I don't think she did those. You never know, she might be really good. Let's wait and see :)

She didn’t. But I think to be a choreographer it requires some basic inventiveness, musical horizon and understanding of movement which I’ve never seen from her own skating/programs. In other words she hasn’t even been a good student of choreography and now she wants to choreograph? Well I guess the bar is low in today’s skating world. Just my opinio, ofc.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean Rabbitt:
SP: East of Eden (reprise of 2016-17)
LP: West Side Story

Source: his IG, on mobile, can’t link

I know Sean took the Mambo as far as it would take him, but I will miss it. :( still, if anyone can pull off a West Side Story program, it will be Sean....:agree:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Starr's FS is Jungle Music (source: IG story, where she also said she's going to go for 3A again)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Serafima Sakhanovich
is keeping her short to “And the Waltz Goes On” by Anthony Hopkins. The new free program is set to a Tango Medley with “Oblivion” in the middle and an upbeat Tango piece at the beginning and the end.

according to a new interview by Tatjana Flade here at Golden Skate.

It is being discussed at this thread:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?74250-Fresh-start-for-Serafima-Sakhanovich

The original interview is here:
https://goldenskate.com/amp/2018/07/fresh-start-for-russias-serafima-sakhanovich/
"Fresh Start For Russia's Serafima Sakhanovich," by Tatjana Flade.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m curious as to which “Oblivion” we can expect to appear in the middle of her tango :scratch:

What does that mean...lots of songs named oblivion out there and even a movie :laugh:

pearly

Record Breaker
I would say there will be some electrotango (Gotan Project or similar) at the beginning and the end and Piazzola's Oblivion in the middle. How exciting.