8. Maria SOTSKOVA - 12 (65.73)
9. Polina TSURSKAYA - 11 (66.35)
10. Alena LEONOVA - 7 (70.79)
11. Anna TARUSINA - 9 (70.01)
12. Anastasiia GUBANOVA - 8 (70.54)

Warm-Up Group 3​
13. Sofia SAMODUROVA - 6 (71.82)
14. Anna SHCHERBAKOVA - 5 (74.09)
15. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA - 4 (74.40)
16. Alina ZAGITOVA - 1 (80.62)
17. Alena KOSTORNAIA - 3 (74.40)
18. Alexandra TRUSOVA - 2 (74.96)

moriel

Record Breaker
News: appearently Zhenya fans plan throwing a bunch of roses (sources say 500+) on ice after her skate.

Second group will start late.

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
Mark my words, if Zhenya skates clean as the practices she really could get that euros spot along with Alina and Liza. Fed will give that to her if she climbes into top 6 I guess.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
If they give a spot to Liza, then they have to send the top 2 seniors as well.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Mark my words, if Zhenya skates clean as the practices she really could get that euros spot along with Alina and Liza. Fed will give that to her if she climbes into top 6 I guess.

She does have the potential to skate well (I haven't watched practices, but have heard she's skating great there- she has the physical capacity). But this is a stacked field so she would need to be clean, get great PCS, and have others falter to make the podium. A top 6 may be possible though. Either way, it will be interesting to see!

I won't be surprised if she does well today. When you're in 14th place, what do you have to lose?

:popcorn:

Fluture

Record Breaker
IMO, it is unfair to Liza to send Med if Med is not top2 senior.
If Med is not top 2 senior, top 2 senior and Liza should go. Liza earned it.

Agreed completely. At this point it‘s not even good for Zhenya to go to Worlds or Euros if she isn‘t ready mentally which she clearly showed that she isn‘t. Maybe to Euros if Liza isn‘t ready yet because competition isn’t that tough (and I’d love to see Brian with her and Javi there) but never to worlds where spots are on the line. It would do neither Russia nor Zhenya any good. Count on Alina, Sofia and Liza this season. They‘ll get the medals and the spots for next year.

Also, Zhenya is 14th. If she has the skate of her life AND the others making mistakes I can see her making the top 6 which would be great. More than that would be irresponsible to hope for. I just want her to have a good skate to end this competition on a positive note.

And of course I‘m wishing good luck to everyone else and that the competition may be as amazing as yesterday!

moriel

Record Breaker
Agreed completely. At this point it‘s not even good for Zhenya to go to Worlds or Euros if she isn‘t ready mentally which she clearly showed that she isn‘t. Maybe to Euros if Liza isn‘t ready yet because competition isn’t that tough (and I’d love to see Brian with her and Javi there) but never to worlds where spots are on the line. It would do neither Russia nor Zhenya any good. Count on Alina, Sofia and Liza this season. They‘ll get the medals and the spots for next year.

Also, Zhenya is 14th. If she has the skate of her life AND the others making mistakes I can see her making the top 6 which would be great. More than that would be irresponsible to hope for. I just want her to have a good skate to end this competition on a positive note.

And of course I‘m wishing good luck to everyone else and that the competition may be as amazing as yesterday!

Zhenya can make top 2 senior, specially if other girls make mistakes.
But if she does not, there is no reason for her to go to worlds.
If anything, she would benefit much more from endind season early, figuring out what is the issue, and coming back strong next season. She has enough SB to get 2 GP spots next season.

I'm honestly bothered by fans here, though. "If Zhenya skates well in FS, ofc everybody else who skated well all season should be dumped and Zhenya should get the spot".
Its just... Beyond.

If people wanna pray, pray for her to skate clean, not for "if Med is top 3 on the free she's going to Euros, IMO."

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
I have a question, are the other girls like Trusova unable to go to Euros or Worlds because they're underage?

rachno2

Record Breaker
I have to interact with family, so I will miss this spectacular event :( I hope Medvedeva and Tarakanova have skates they can smile about, Alina skates Carmen with fire, and Stanislava is the top 2 senior :devil:

and I hope Polina lands a beautiful triple lutz :sad21: