2018 Bavarian Open | Golden Skate

2018 Bavarian Open

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Closing date for entries was yesterday... and with only 2 weeks to go before competition begins, I hope they will be quick to publish the entry lists...!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Seeing the schedule I realized how strange it is. All of the senior events are taking place as usual Friday to Sunday but then the advanced novice and junior events are spread out and go into the next week. This wasn't the case last year...though this event is earlier and the seniors might be alternates for the Olympics so they probably needed to organize it like this.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Seeing the schedule I realized how strange it is. All of the senior events are taking place as usual Friday to Sunday but then the advanced novice and junior events are spread out and go into the next week. This wasn't the case last year...though this event is earlier and the seniors might be alternates for the Olympics so they probably needed to organize it like this.

It's a bit weird, isn't it? I wondered if there might be a school holiday that would make it easier for the (local) kids to skate on weekdays, but apparently not.

The Olympics do mess with scheduling in unpredictable ways!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
And the starting orders/results page has been established, though not yet populated: http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2018/index.htm. With any luck this means we'll have the list of entries within the next couple of days!
I was thinking I might be able to go there, if there were any competitors that interested me enough... but with the entry lists still not published, it's now pretty much too late for me to get time off work, make travel arrangements etc... :-/

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I found this entry list on Twitter although I am not sure if it is official or final.

Thanks! That looks pretty reasonable, and hey, looks like three of my favourite Swiss gals will be skating! I was hoping to see them here.

Junior Ladies is a huge group; they'll probably split it into two again. Not so many in Advanced Novices this year, though.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hm... Lots of interesting skaters I like... Japanese, Swiss, British, Swedish, German, Finnish etc...

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay, so, still no official list of entries or complete starting orders/results page for this event, or updates to the website or German federation site's page, even though it starts on Friday (!). However, by googling around a bit I did track down a livestream for it, which you can access via this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/239029509970773/

The page still shows the old dates for the event (not the updated 26-31 January), and it seems you'll need to create a (free) account to access it - which I cannot figure out how to do - but I hope at least it will be working on the day/s!

ETA: The rink's website has an updated entry list and an updated schedule posted (both correct as of 19 January).

Nirti

Medalist
Oooh there's new junior pairs from Italy and GB. And there's a junior pair FROM THE PHILIPPINES?!?! :eek:

They won the Philippines Nationals with 89.72 points in november ;)
Their technical score was close to the requirements to compete to Junior Worlds.
Cirinia skated for the USA, Zachary for Canada. They will turn 18 and 20 this year.