2018 Coupe de Printemps | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Coupe de Printemps

Alifyre

On the Ice
Oh dear, did Kaori hurt herself in that fall? The stumble and then the doubled loop....

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think Kaori will probably be second after that fall :( :cry:

- - - Updated - - -

Well this should at least beat Yuna...

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Kaori was truly speeding through and doing so well, but lost concentration in a fall on the combo...and sort of got disoriented.
I think Mai will win this round.
Don't cry...:( You still have many chances to win.

Plumededragon

Medalist
OMG! I gasped out loud at that fall on her combo! The rest of the program lost some of that fire after that.
I don’t think that’s gonna go above Mai, but we’ll see.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Oh noez! That fall :(

OTOH, is that only me, or did Kaori's 3Lz looked much better this time..?

seemed better to me too, shame about the fall and a pop but better here than bigger competitions

YAAAASS Mai won!! well done :love::yahoo::hap57:

Edit: Kaori lost 2T and doubled her 3Lo, not gonna be close

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Oh dear, did Kaori hurt herself in that fall? The stumble and then the doubled loop....

I hope not, but it sure did look painful. Kaori's jumps are so big and speedy that falling on them probably isn't very pleasant :(

ETA: Oh no, she looks so sad in the K&C :(

Plumededragon

Medalist
Oh Kaori baby, don’t be sad, you were still amazing. :(

Score: 202.56, into 2nd (wow harsh LP score imo)

Congrats Mai! Well-deserved!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Very sad that Kaori looked so devastated. But Delighted for Mai to win as a way to end her season. My heart broke for her not being on the Olympic team. They are both tough cookies, and I'll be eagerly waiting their new programs next season.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Kaori is so sad. Do not worry, friend, it has been a long season! The competition is so fierce in Japan, I can see why she would be upset. Every competition must feel like a lot of pressure. Also, the small mistake at the Olympics and bigger mistakes here came around the same spot in the program. So, that has to be frustrating.

That program is also a beautiful work of art, and so emotional in the last third. She is such a special artist. Can't wait to see what next season brings. [emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

Overall: 202.56

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Good job to Romania's Julia Sauter for her 5th place finish! That's awesome! She was really on point today.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Three big pops and a fall for Landry Le May. Too bad, because he has a lot of wonderful qualities. Still a nice performance; he didn't give up.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I’m at the train station to go to Paris, so I’m likely going to miss all Men. :( Please Sota, go clean, you can do it! :cheer:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Ok, my stream died in the middle of an Italian guy's skate from group 1, skipped Neumann and one other guy, and went straight to the German guy from group 2... weird. I don't like when computers do this to me.
Hoping for one more no-miss performance from Sota, please be healthy and may you be content with the result. :pray:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I missed the ladies. I thought it was this evening:palmf:
Really happy that Mai won, finally!!!
Well for Kaori better here than at bigger competitions.
Yuna, good try for the 3lo combo.

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
A good start from Sota, but it seems he run out of stamina at the end :( I hope he fully recovers and returns to his form pre-injury :thumbsup: