2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb: ISU Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Golden Spin of Zagreb: ISU Info

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, just realized we get a battle of Toreadors here, if neither withdraws :laugh:

rachno2

Record Breaker
Nooo Anna. :( we jinxed her.
But Battle of the Russian Toreadors! This will be an interesting preview of the Nationals blood bath/splat fest. :popcorn:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I wonder why the Russian Fed chose Samarin, he is still an alternate to GP and he might still get in if two skaters withdraws. Frankly i expected more Aliev than him.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I wonder why the Russian Fed chose Samarin, he is still an alternate to GP and he might still get in if two skaters withdraws. Frankly i expected more Aliev than him.

I think they want to see their main national champion contenders go head-to-head in an international context before they decide who to push for at Nats :handw: I don’t think they see Aliev as a main contender this year, unfortunately. But the conspiracy theorist in me could just be reading into things too much :laugh:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Piper Gilles has tweeted they are going.
I wonder if I could drag myself to Croatia on such short notice :D

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

True. Yuzuru has already WD, Keegan should be in, and so Samarin is first alternate now.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I like Shulepov. Naturally, he still has a lot to develop himself but the jumping technique doesn't look bad and he is also pretty nice artistically. He traveled a lot in some spins, he has to work on them. I still wonder why not Aliev thought, didn't he get offered or didn't wanted it? :confused:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I say forget about Aliev and Shulepov and why not Ignatov who is aging out of juniors and has no chance for a SB? :unsure: They should have let him keep his senior spot at Tallinn :drama:

rachno2

Record Breaker
I'm also confused why Samarin is there when he's first alternate and has already gotten good results this season. It's a weird game of musical chairs.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm also confused why Samarin is there when he's first alternate and has already gotten good results this season. It's a weird game of musical chairs.

Why are Kolyada and Shulepov there instead of others like Samoilov who has not had a chance at a SB yet?

rachno2

Record Breaker
Why are Kolyada and Shulepov there instead of others like Samoilov who has not had a chance at a SB yet?

Misha apparently told Tanja Flade that he wanted to do another competition before RusNats, presumably to shake off the bad vibes from his GP and build up his competitive nerves. I don't know about Shulepov or Samarin; maybe the Fed wanted them there?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Golden Spin is a bit different than the other Challengers. It is the last CS and often used by the U.S., Russia, Italy, etc. to set up the top athletes who have just missed the Final and would like one more shot at an international prior to braving the wilds of Nationals. It's a good place to send an athlete that needs one last shot at making the SB list also, but Golden Spin has this other major purpose as well.

milkgirl

On the Ice
I think it`s a good decision for Misha to have another event before Russian Nationals. Hope, he can stabilize his nerves.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Really looking forward to this. The next few days will be skating galore, at daytime in Zagreb, at night time in Vancouver (from where I'm sitting)! Happy days! :popcorn:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There is supposed to be a stream and a results thread, but as in previous years, they have not yet been posted, despite the fact that junior completion begins in a few hours and senior competition begins in a day.