Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Artem KOVALEV (RUS)

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Country
Russia
Personal Bests of Main Entries
In ( ) - best unofficial, at competitions which don't give ISU Best, only for skaters who haven't ISU Best.

1 Roman SAVOSIN RUS 222.37 (at season 2016/2017)
2 Camden PULKINEN USA 217.10
3 Artem KOVALEV RUS 209.01
4 Daniel GRASSL ITA 207.12
5 Koshiro SHIMADA JPN 203.29
6 Conrad ORZEL CAN 196.30
7 Jonathan HESS GER 195.32
8 Mark GORODNITSKY ISR 186.02
9 Beresford Louise CLEMENTS CAN (179.89 Junior B)
10 Nurullah SAHAKA SUI 177.75
11 Younghyun CHA KOR 174.13
12 Dinh TRAN USA 172.91
13 Luc MAIERHOFER AUT 170.48
14 Daniel MRAZEK CZE (158.38)
15 Darian KAPTICH AUS 139.23
16 Mykhailo RUDKOVSKYI UKR (123.00)
17 Brian LEE NZL 107.94
18 Pagiel Yie Ken SNG SGP 103.75
19 Alp Eren OZKAN TUR 100.19
20 Elliot JANG TPE 98.26
21 Anton SKOFICZ AUT 87.38
22 Luka LOGAR SLO (77.28)

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Based on the results from Bratislava:

Grassl has an interesting skating style, but also some wild jumping technique that makes him very vulnerable to URs. If he can rotate better this time, and especially land that 4Lz (which was called << in Bratislava, in addition to his falling on it), there's a big score to be made there.

Savoisin I thought looked great in the short, apart from a freak fall, but in the free he looked almost like a different skater in terms of not controlling his jumps. Could just have been a bad day for him.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i don't think savosin will be in... russia will replace him by another boy who has better chances to get a JGPF spot... Grassil : why two back to back events?

Anyways... i voted for my boy ;) Conrad ;) Camden is lovely but he lacks in the heavy artillery

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a toughie for me.

Conrad can bring the jumps (And he's good looking besides;). I'm actually not as much on the Camden train as some of my compatriots, but he has grown in consistency. Grassl was impressive these past few days (for a complete unknown to me).

My fav here though will be Dinh Tran, the heartfelt performer and surprise in last year's US junior nats:clap:

gpfsilver

Spectator
I know logically Mark won't win but I couldn't make myself vote for anybody else lol. Good luck to everybody though!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
So Daniel Grassl takes both Bratislava and Linz back to back competitions...It is true it is not much travel from Bratislava to Linz, he could also spend 1-2 days in Milano (if I understood correctly and that's his place of residence).

Haleth

On the Ice
I get stressed out about making predictions, so I'll just say I'm looking forward to several of the men that I know something about, including Conrad, Camden, Daniel, and Roman. I don't know many of the non-Canadian juniors so I look forward to learning about more of them!

Special good luck vibes to anyone like Daniel and Roman doing back-to-back events this JGP. I hope you stay safe and get enough rest to do even better at your second events!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The starting order is up.

The distribution of the bigger names is relatively even here.

Compared to Bratislava, Grassl is in the first group rather than the last, while Savoisin is in the last group rather than first.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
^^ i like this starting order... if i didn't have to work, i would be enjoying each one of these groups.... ugh... work... ugh

go conrad... go camden...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, Dinh Tran next to last?

If he skates well, the folks at Linz are in for a treat. Go Dinh:hap10:

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I just saw a video of Koshiro landing a very nice 3A3T, so I think's he got a good shot at a medal if not gold ;)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I know he's not in medal contention, but I love Younghyun and I wish him a clean, beautiful skate. He's had a growth spurt and I think he's still getting used to that, but he has still maintained that poise and grace (as seen in the JGP qualifier), and regardless of scores it'll be a joy to watch him skate :luv17:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dang, this is not on at a good time for me (12:30am!) And while I don't have work tomorrow I don't like staying up late.

But I'll cross my fingers Darian has a great skate (I loved him last year, what a charmer!)

And also good luck to Artem K!

LadyB

Record Breaker
el henry, what a wonderful avatar!!!! :agree:

Today I could watch a good part of the Men's, but I'm meeting a friend after work....
Looking forward to Conrad, Roman and Artem. In particular Artem actually. He was out pretty much all of last season. Welcome back, lad! :clap: