2018 JGP Ostrava: Men's Pre-game Chat | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava: Men's Pre-game Chat

Who will win gold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm rooting for Camden to take gold, and for Kirill to take silver! I love Camden a ton, and Kirill impressed me at Kaunas, especially with his SP. I'd love to see at two Russian men in the JGPF (probably Kirill and Petr). Mitsuki is also a medal contender here, and it would be nice for him to medal too, I just prefer the other two.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rooting for Joseph Phan (Team TCC:biggrin:)
Camden (although I’m sorry Camden please don’t end your LP on Maria, take a hint from Sean)

And because I’m totally craven, whatever gets my :luv17: Andrew T. in the final. So unknown skater, step up to the plate:laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i voted, and it seems i am the only one LOL for Jo.

He can do it... he needs to recover his momentum.. we are talking here about a major talent with not only brilliant skating skills (some in the milieu say he reminds them the most of the guy in el henry' s avatar picture) but very strong technical arsenal for a freshly turned 17 y o.

He won't go to JGPF .. so let the skating gods at least have him help some others like GoGo who needs others to falter to make JGPF... So... Go Jo... Go Camden.. and then to make my plotting work.. I need Mozalev to get bronze or anyone else who hasn't won a silver before. :devil:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As I've already said on the Canadian fs thread, whatever Joseph's placement is at this competition, I sincerely hope that he's happy with his performances. I've had the privilege to watch him compete in person thrice, and I also got to talk to him at each of those events.

For those of you who don't follow Canada's National Summer Series, he had a disappointing free skate at the Quebec Summer Championships 6.5 weeks ago, and although he still got the gold medal, he was ashamed and frustrated with his performance. Poor kid :( , I begun to realize at the point that he's quite sensitive, and while he normally appreciates my fancams of his programs and the medal ceremonies, he pleaded with me this time not to upload his LP online.

However, he was proud of his new SP, and it was a such a joy for me to watch his beautiful and elegant interpretation of "Million Eyes" in person---his skating felt magical at the arena! :luv17: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rrize

All of this to say is that I've witnessed first hand what Joseph is like when he's upset, and while I understand that all athletes want to succeed and win medals, I think he may be putting too much pressure on himself this season. What's more important to me is that he regains the delight in his skating and the more easygoing attitude in his personality that I saw last year. :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
The competition I'm most looking forward to. I'll be rooting for the Russian boys (Kirill was brilliant at Kaunas JGP), and Jo. I could imagine that Mitsuki could medal here and I wish best of luck to Irakli. Clean and healthy skates to all the lads!