2018 JGP Ostrava Mens Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Mens Free Skate

frida80

Record Breaker

It was so close to a redemption gold for Joseph. It’s ok. I’m glad he was able to show everyone his true talent.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Camden makes the Final. Andrei will have to try for a high placement at his next event. Joseph, of course, doesn't have a shot after Kaunas, but he did Stephen a big favour by running interference with Kirill and Mitsuki, both of whom now fall behind Stephen in the rankings.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Can Kirill make the final if he's fourth here?

Maybe.

Right now the results are

Camden - 28
Andrew - 24 (396.38)
Stephen - 22
Kirill -22
Roman 18
Daniel -18

Petr GUMENNIK has 15 and will be in Slovenia next week, as will Koshio (13), Tomoki (13). Conrad Orzel (9) is also here and could also win and
Andrei has 15, but according to the standings he's not yet assigned to a second event. They probably should change their mind on that one.

The Armenia event is wide open, which means someone can probably grab a win including:
11 points)
Adam SIAO HIM FA

(9 points)
Yuto KISHINA
Yuma KAGIYAMA
Egor MURASHOV

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good to see Jo with an excellent skate. Team TCC:hap10:

Enough about Gogolev, my Canadian friends. :biggrin:

How does this affect my Andrew T.'s chances for the JGPF with a first and fourth?

ETA: wrote before I saw Mrs. P's post, thanks.:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Good to see Jo with an excellent skate. Team TCC:hap10:

Enough about Gogolev, my Canadian friends. :biggrin:

How does this affect my Andrew T.'s chances for the JGPF with a first and fourth?

See above. He's 2nd in the standings for now, but there's still a bunch of men to skate their second events in the last two competitions.

Ziotic

Medalist
Why do I feel like Stephen will make the finals just because his training mates will play interference for him...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Maybe.

Right now the results are

Camden - 28
Andrew - 24 (396.38)
Stephen - 22
Kirill -22
Roman 18
Daniel -18

Petr GUMENNIK has 15 and will be in Slovenia next week, as will Koshio (13) and Tomoki (13)
Andrei has 15, but according to the standings he's not yet assigned to a second event. They probably should change their mind on that one.

The only spot for Andrei to take would be Egor Murashov's in Armenia. Gumennik skates next week, and Danielian at both of the final events.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
See above. He's 2nd in the standings for now, but there's still a bunch of men to skate their second events in the last two competitions.

Yes, but he's not out of it yet;)

And the wonderful advantage of men's JGP, for me, is you never know who will come out of the field to take the lead. So, go unknown skaters:clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, there's a lot in the air for JGPF spots.

Excited for Camden to make his second JGPF!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The only spot for Andrei to take would be Egor Murashov's in Armenia. Gumennik skates next week, and Danielian at both of the final events.

Given that Andrei finished better than Egor, there's a case for him to get the spot instead.