2018 JPG Men's Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 JPG Men's Short Program

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I love this piece of music, but this performance was a bit underwhelming. He seemed very intense/nervous/concentrated. His jump technique is really wonky, with a bad leg wrap.

Wow I need to get better eyesight, the first two jumps he did looked quite high to me I didn't even notice the bad leg wrap :laugh:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Brian O!

Whenever I see him I always hope for Brian-Cam, he's so fun to watch when his skaters are skating :)

Glad it's not just me. I actually would love a coach-only cam- what fun that would be to stream. Too bad that's just a pipedream :laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This is a good program, but I’m not sure it makes a ton of sense as a program for Joseph. I don’t think they’ve quite found Joseph’s voice as a performer yet.

But solid skate, and that will surely be a relief after Kaunas.

yup. i love the program... though.. it's not him... that's for sure... but Jeff will get there.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OMG how adorable is Noah! His little face! His little tuxedo costume! What a boss :biggrin:!

I've watched him now, and I agree. There is no better word than "adorable" to describe that!

In a way, it's a shame that he's going to grow up and move onto more mature routines.

Remember how enjoyable this was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJhMS9WD-xY

It's probably because I'm conditioned that way, but it's weird to listen to You raise me up not sung by Westlife. Ooh, nice 3Lz-3T.

Although Westlife's version is probably the best known version, it wasn't even the original.

Here's the original version, sung by Brian Kennedy:

Secret Garden - "You Raise Me Up"

Hey, that's the second Belfast man I've been talking about in this thread!

CaroLiza_fan

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Great job Andreas(SWE) tailing the big nations. One place from skating in the last group tomorrow. Way to go :clap:

Tingeling

Rinkside
Great job Andreas(SWE) tailing the big nations. One place from skating in the last group tomorrow. Way to go :clap:

Very promising skater, at 14 he may already challenge Nikolaj Majorov and Gabriel Folkesson for the JWC spot?

What's interesting to me is that the Swedish jr national team is made up of eight boys and three girls :shocked: (well, four with Selma Ihr who is actually part of the senior top group). Knowing how few male skaters there are in Sweden, that's quite remarkable. I don't think it's just because they want to encourage the guys to continue either, most of these youngsters seem legit talented.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
WOO HOO, Joseph got a Personal Best SP score of 73.74, smashing his previous record (under the new rules) by almost 10.4 points! I'm so proud of him! :dance:

Has there ever been a successful Elvis program? Genuinely curious.

Nicolas Nadeau's Elvis FS from the 2017 Canadian Championships was AWESOME and entertaining, and I've been his avid fan ever since! :rock: He also had a fully-rotated, but two-footed quad loop (he's so far the only Canadian man to attempt a quad loop in competition, and sadly, he has never tried to do that jump again for some odd reason): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x59b5x8

Great job, Joseph! :) I'm so glad to see him have a solid skate after his rough performances at his last event. I really like this program for him - Hopefully he will perform more outwardly as the season progresses. He has wonderful skating skills and basics - a skater's skater!

I've just noticed that they're a couple of people here who feel that it doesn't suit him :scratch2: , but having seen "Million Eyes" in person nearly 7 weeks ago at the Quebec Summer Championships, I thought it was magical! :luv17: It's my favourite program that Joseph has done so far.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Camden should have really moved up this season with all the retirements with the US Men. No country over the last 5-6 years has had the depth that the US had with its men but with Adam,Max.Grant and Ross retiring the depth isn't there now. With the exception of Nathan, Vincent and Jason Camden could easily beat the rest of the US men such as Alex Johnson, Timothy D and the others. It's going to take the younger skaters to rebuild that depth. He might not have quads but Jason has shown you can be competitive with no quads and he wouldn't embarrass himself.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I disagree that Camden should have moved up.

There is no magical sauce to senior competition at this point in his career. IMO, the cachet of winning Junior Worlds (I would say he’s the favorite, but I don’t want to jinx him:biggrin:) beats a fifth or sixth place finish at a senior men’s senior B.

The next Olys are in 2022, and I would say Camden’s on target for doing what he feels he needs to do.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
some (very silly) thoughts after watiching the boys:

mozalev and yakovlev are on fire:biggrin: both fierce, passionate and angry! i enjoyed a lot also nordeback...is my biological clock’s trying to tell me something?:biggrin:

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Very promising skater, at 14 he may already challenge Nikolaj Majorov and Gabriel Folkesson for the JWC spot?

What's interesting to me is that the Swedish jr national team is made up of eight boys and three girls :shocked: (well, four with Selma Ihr who is actually part of the senior top group). Knowing how few male skaters there are in Sweden, that's quite remarkable. I don't think it's just because they want to encourage the guys to continue either, most of these youngsters seem legit talented.

That is actually verry interesting. In our Club out of 60 competitive skaters (at different levles) we have 3 boys. Which means 5% boys. I hink this is how it looks in most swedish clubs (less than 10% boys). But somehow there are verry many talanted junior men in sweden at the moment. I think all 8 in the National team does all tripples apart from axel and has stable 3-3. I also know that 4 of them have landed 3A (No one has to my knowlege landed a quad yet). So I would say all of them are talented at least by swedish standard.
The junior ladies is however a bit underwelming. At the first stage of the swedish elite series there wasnt one clean tripple landed in the junior ladies... (The 4 in the National team was either at jgp or competing as senior). And I think we only have 2 ladies in sweden that lands 3-3, that is Anita and Selma.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aww look at the giant Eeyore!

Big support for Radek! It must be nice to skate in front of a home crowd...as well as terrifying!

You know that reply I posted in the Ladies FS thread earlier today to your comment about Michaela Lucie Hanzlíková's unicorn.

Well, while I was in Anna Dušková's Instagram, I saw a photo that she posted yesterday of her and Radek posing on the podium. And that was when I remembered "Ah, he's her new partner".

And then I spotted a video she posted a couple of days ago. And when I played it, I started banging my head:

IT WAS ANNA THAT THREW THE EEYORE ONTO THE ICE!!!

I must have looked away or something at that point. Because, surely I would have spotted my adopted daughter doing something like that!

CaroLiza_fan