2018 Minto Summer Skate | Golden Skate

2018 Minto Summer Skate

Haleth

On the Ice
Thank you for putting this together! I'm looking forward to Minto and thankful it will be streamed iirc. Although visitors may disrupt my Friday evening, I should be able to tune in live for multiple events at other times.

Ziotic

Medalist
Can’t wait!

I’m excited to see some new programs. I hope they put the seniors in the rink with more seating this year.

Haleth

On the Ice
Excited for Minto! It sounds like my visitors will be coming a day earlier and so leaving before Friday evening to avoid the absolutely nutty traffic on weekends in the GTA. Wise move! So I should be able to watch the evening programs provided the LS is ok. Perhaps my parents will send a jaunty and supportive wave towards Minto as they drive east through Canada...

Wishing all the participants successful performances. :)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, hey, my favourite little junior girl is skating here - all the way from Switzerland, courtesy of the TCC! Good luck Noémie!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a note that Chartrand won't be at Minto (she's listed on the entries). She'll be at Quebec.

Haleth

On the Ice
So are Joseph, Stephen, and Conrad considered the main podium contenders for the junior men? Or am I missing anyone? I know several other names and have seen some of them skate before, but the three I named are the ones I'd list if asked...

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Thank you Mango for the daily motion link! Now there is group4 from pre novice girls...I only hope to be able to watch Reese Rose, but that's quite a challenge, with 3 rinks and one has no streaming.

Unfortunately the stream is disappointingly choppy.:(

Haleth

On the Ice
Just checked the livestreams: just fine for me! Though it's early in the day. I suspect more traffic for seniors and people trying to catch the junior men, especially Stephen's debut this season, since he is known internationally thanks to press coverage and social media.

Note: this is not to discount other skaters; I'm just acknowledging what events might have the most traffic.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
At least first novice men are worse than pre novice. Up to now it's a depressing competition. Thank God the music is beautiful.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Junior men saved the day up to now. Amazing skating! Corey Circelli leads. Ilia Kovler I think is second and Bres Clemens third (first group)

Haleth

On the Ice
Junior men saved the day up to now. Amazing skating! Corey Circelli leads. Ilia Kovler I think is second and Bres Clemens third (first group)

Thank you for the update! I’ve not been able to follow because of craziness here so I appreciate this!