2018 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies FS

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Look at these Skating Skill scores:
Konstantinova: 8.61 Kostornaia: 8.29 Gubanova: 8.29 Tarakanova: 7.79

I think someone needs to explain to me again what a blade is, and how these edges work, and draw some nifty little pictures of turns & steps and stuff, 'cause I don't get it...

alvina9894

Final Flight

I think someone needs to explain to me again what a blade is, and how these edges work, and draw some nifty little pictures of turns & steps and stuff, 'cause I don't get it...

Same here.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

Konstantinova has really shallow edges, so I assume that that's preferred these days.

Seriously though, her SS should be around 6.5. She's weaker than even skaters like Vasilieva, Kanysheva.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
TAT??? .... No idea really...

Even TAT shouldn't be able to carry her this much. I mean it's not like this is the first time or the first season they're helping her while she keeps failing to deliver. But she's first alternate for Olympics and Sr Worlds and still this in the Juniors and I don't think even TAT has this much pull.

It's just insanity :dbana:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't cry Nastya :(
Awww.....she must have skated pretty well to break 200 for the first time IRRC.

💔💔💔💔

I just hope if Stasya gets the nod again for JWC she does well enough to calm the negativity that she draws. I don’t like seeing negative things said about any of them and I kinda like her :eek::

Still have my fingers crossed for Nastya though who has only had one bad event all season. I think she adds diversity to the Russian landscape...a real soulful skater who skates with emotion and passion with every step. She will be better received internationally by judging panels IMO than what she sees at home where politics are even stronger.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Going through the jumps, at least Konstantinova's second flip is clearly !(It never even was inside) and more importantly, is UR by at least as much as Gubanova's 3T<.

Actually, her second 2A is also slightly/borderline UR.

frida80

Record Breaker
I had to miss the competition because of wok and had a full on tantrum when I saw the results. What just happened here? My Gubanova misses JW again?! I have to watch the videos! :cry:

ewdokia

On the Ice
:disagree: Down with the RusFed.
It’s just totally insane how a country with so many great skaters can have such a disgusting federation who even at Juniors manipulates results and not even in a way which is suited to produce better results, but just to hype their personal favorites. Main qualification here compared to other skaters seems to be lack of lines, lack of fluidity, lack of feel for music, lack of SS – so basically everything which makes this sport also arts. :palmf:

Protocols

Why do I see so many 9s in PCS for Stasya :shocked:
And in adition she got quite generous GOE scores for her sloppy jumps. :disagree:

There were some rumours that her father is a big shot in FSB. If that is true, it explains her overscoring.
:eeking:

tjb

Match Penalty
TAT has left the building as soon as gubanova started to skate. and of course she gave a standing O to konstantinova

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
1 Alexandra TRUSOVA 212.09
2 Alena KOSTORNAIA 211.51
3 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA 206.27
4 Anastasiia GUBANOVA 205.92

Truova's free program score was 137.84, which was slightly less than Kostoraia's score (141.63). I thought Trusova lost after watching Kostoraia's free skate but she narrowly beat Kostoraia because of her short program score. I feel sorry for Gubanova who missed the podium by just less than 0.4 point.

Country
Russia
one skater is enough for earning 3 spots, actually. there is a different system in juniors, ranking of a country is determined by top placement of one skater.
No, system for spots for next JrWorlds is the same that Worlds and Euro.
Top placement of one skater - for spots to JGP.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I should’ve know the fix was in after senior nationals. :disapp:

I kept hoping she wouldn't show up here because it was just terrible for her outlook, so I kept thinking surely, her team is not that dumb? Oops.

Realistically speaking, they have a young woman who is their first alternate for the top two Senior competitions this season that are about to happen (disregarding how she got there, she is it) and she's skating with Juniors, 14yos, who are wiping the floor with her. They were boxed in, they had no choice but to try and prop her up, once they allowed her to participate.

Actually if they have any brains left at all, they would not send her to JWC, because she's not going to do anything there and actually might go to Senior WCh so they're seriously messing with their own chances. Not that she has any at Sr. WC but it's only going to be worse if she comes in as 6th or worse from JWC.

While here, I think Kostornaya may have actually won, had Konstantinova not been here. But again, her PCS had to be quite below Konstantinova's due to the above so in the end she lost.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TAT has left the building as soon as gubanova started to skate. and of course she gave a standing O to konstantinova

She called Gubanova’s Swan a duck last year :laugh:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
It’s just totally insane how a country with so many great skaters can have such a disgusting federation who even at Juniors manipulates results and not even in a way which is suited to produce better results, but just to hype their personal favorites. Main qualification here compared to other skaters seems to be lack of lines, lack of fluidity, lack of feel for music, lack of SS – so basically everything which makes this sport also arts. :palmf:

And in adition she got quite generous GOE scores for her sloppy jumps. :disagree:

:eeking:

What is the FSB that was in the quote you quoted?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also: love you TAT :)
You bring the sass and the spunk to commentating ;)

Even when she’s wrong she goes full send. I prefer the kinder more respectful announcers but I always enjoy Tat. I have a good friend who spent a lot of time with her....oh the stories :laugh:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Even when she’s wrong she goes full send. I prefer the kinder more respectful announcers but I always enjoy Tat. I have a good friend who spent a lot of time with her....oh the stories :laugh:

I'm jealous of your friend (or should I not be? haha ;))
While the kinder announcers are always nice, they aren't always as educated as someone like TAT. Then again, the Tara-and-Johnny's of the world are uneducated AND cruel...