2018 Russian National Championships--Ladies | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian National Championships--Ladies

alvina9894

Final Flight
Please, please, please, a miracle for Elena to rally and pull off the performance of a lifetime to nab that third spot. I'm sure Maria is a lovely girl and she is undoubtedly talented but good grief, I find her intensely boring...

I agree.
Maria may be less influenced by puberty, but I find Elena way more interesting to watch despite all those iffy landings.

I also hope that Alena would upgrade to a more difficult programme, like how Rika brought out her third 3A in the SP. It's not the junior championship, she has nothing to lose.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I know that she has little chance of making the team but, I hope Alena Leonova has the skates of her life. Are there ever years when skaters don't go to Europeans? Is it possible that Tuk or Alena will be sent there if they miss the podium at Nationals?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
No. In an Olympic year, Europeans are used to finalize the selections to the OG team as well as decide who does the team event.
I think this might be the last event for both Liza and Alena.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I agree.
Maria may be less influenced by puberty, but I find Elena way more interesting to watch despite all those iffy landings.

I also hope that Alena would upgrade to a more difficult programme, like how Rika brought out her third 3A in the SP. It's not the junior championship, she has nothing to lose.
Does she have anything up her sleeve to upgrade with?

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I wonder if Nastya Gulyakova will pull out the 3A because she has been training that pretty successfully...

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
No. In an Olympic year, Europeans are used to finalize the selections to the OG team as well as decide who does the team event.
I think this might be the last event for both Liza and Alena.

Liza has said this season that she plans to keep competing. I don't know about Leonova.

She has some 3A and quad prospects I believe, but I really doubt they'd be ready for competition.
Didn't Alena K. just say she wants to learn a quad? I don't think she's done one out of the harness yet.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I was very interested in Russian nationals when Julia Lipniskaya was competing, but since she has retired, I am a bit sad. I can't believe she gave up skating, but considering the depth of the ladies field I can easily understand. I love Anna, but she is out with injury...l like Evgenia (why does she compete with a broken ankle???), Alina and all the other ladies. I wish a lot of good luck to all skaters.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Didn't Alena K. just say she wants to learn a quad? I don't think she's done one out of the harness yet.
No, not out of the harness, but a quad in a harness qualifies as "a quad prospect" with my terminology. I doubt she'd actually try to learn one for next season if she had no real chance of success.

sc8

On the Ice
I’m so excited for Russian nationals. Does anyone know the resource I can use for live (or close to live) streaming or for the fastest results? For example, will RockerSkating load videos? Is there a results link (or will there be)?
We could be watching the top 3 for the Olympics (based on season scores, it’s very possible).

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Liza has said this season that she plans to keep competing. I don't know about Leonova.

Ah yes, I wrote that post before I saw the interview on FS Gossips.
So for my heartbreakers list for next year I'd put Alena Leonova and Anna Pogorilaya

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh...that’s too bad. At least she’s probably doing the best thing she can for her health. I’m sure that her knife boots have been feeling neglected lately though....:cry:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Ugh...that’s too bad. At least she’s probably doing the best thing she can for her health. I’m sure that her knife boots have been feeling neglected lately though....:cry:

Knife boots!! I'm dead! :laugh2:
I'm sure she's started making sacrifices to them and has put up an altar in her bedroom ;)

Country
Russia
WD - Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, born 19 Nov 1999, Moscow Khrustalny, coach Eteri Tutberidze, best 231.21 (Rostelecom Cup)
So will be
Sofia ISTOMINA, born 24 Dec 2001, Moscow CSKA, coach Inna Goncharenko, best 178.29 (1st Event of Russian Cup), unfortunately "stable in unstability", serious mistakes at all her 5 competitions of season.
https://ask.fm/Sofy_Istom/answers/145108494013
https://ask.fm/Sofy_Istom/answers/145110422461 - she wrote that will go to StPetersburg today.

tars

Record Breaker
Never seen this girl skating, hoping for a nice surprise! :yes: