2018 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haven’t watched the competition, but very sad for Radionova. So, so hope she keeps on. Russia(and me) needs characters like her. GO Elena!

Really? I haven’t watched much ballet, but every time I see Maria’s hand-move I laugh to myself. In which ballet does that belong???

It's a male dancer's move. https://youtu.be/d-v_HCHLH2I?t=447 The arm isn't bent as much as Maria's, it's true, but it's not straight up. I also found some examples of two arms over the head where the arm was straighter. The point, I think, is not that either position is wrong; just that the arm doesn't have to be straight up. I do agree Maria could make her arm position more aesthetically pleasing.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
So much to love... :luv17:

I love how the camera captured every nuance of Eteri's face

I love Eteri's and Daniil's head tilts and head bobbing with the ebbs and flows of their pupils' steps and spins

I love the replays of the replays of the back-end toeloop jumps

I love Polina Tsurskaya

I love, love, love Alena Kostornaia, she's a real firecracker

I also love how they don't give "e" calls to clear flutzes (okay, this one is sarcasm)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Someone commented in Tutberidze fun group in VK that Maria Sotskova's SP is overscored and there should be TOP3 from Tutberidze. I wrote that my personal opinion is Masha 1st with her wonderful performance while Zagitova has mistaken. And I was BANNED! WHAT???? :noshake:

Lol...well being a part of a fan group and expecting well balanced opinions might be expecting a bit much.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The "ugly" hand position is the way it's supposed to be done. It's a ballet move, one that skaters long before Boitano had used from time to time. The straight arm position is the one that would look weird, if not ugly, in a ballet.

Ummm...
that's not how it's supposed to look in ballet.
This is how it should look: https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/519813981968251147
I do love Maria's tano position though.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Best Dressed: Gubanova

Best Jump: Masha 3f

Best Combo: Polina

Best Music: Sofia/Gubanova

Best on Ice Character: Sima

Best Spins: :shrug:

Best KnC: Sima

Best Score: Nastya (about time!!)

Best Choreography: Alyona

Most TAT: Masha

Most Ninja: Alyona (rubbing the boards on jump exit with knife boots without anyone noticing)

Most Surprising: Liza ( in a good way)

Most disappointing: Lenok :cry:

Most Huggable: Sima

Can I do mine?
Spoiler: I will

Best dressed: Maria Sotskova
Best jump: Alina Zagitova, 3F
Best combo: Polina Tsurskaya
Best music: Sofia Samodurova and Maria Sotskova
Best spins: Alena Kostornaya
Best KnC: Serafima Sakhanovich
Best Score: Polina Tsurskaya (finally!)
Best choreography: Alena Kostornaya
Most TAT: Maria Sotskova
Most Ninja: Stanislava Konstantinova
Most surprising: Daria Panenkova (surprised at low PCS :))
Most disappointing: Elena Radionova
Most huggable: Serafima Sakhanovich

Lana05

Final Flight
burn the heretic! :laugh2:

Yeah.. Sometimes her fans are calling everyone who isn't praising her students as haters being haters at the same time. I like their group but hate when they write smth about other my favorite skaters.. Really don't understand my ban

whatif

Medalist
Someone commented in Tutberidze fun group in VK that Maria Sotskova's SP is overscored and there should be TOP3 from Tutberidze. I wrote that my personal opinion is Masha 1st with her wonderful performance while Zagitova has mistaken. And I was BANNED! WHAT???? :noshake:

What did you expect for trolling? A gold medal?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Did I miss something? How come Alina is first? I thought Maria won it fair and square especially with that fall by Zag? So sad to see poor Lena near tears and to struggle so much. I feel bad because a lot has been due to her inability to adjust to her lanky body. She is like Nam their growth was startling and hard to overcome. Still the top three ladies here are probably what we expected overall despite our favourites. So really the battle is between Zag, Maria, Polina for two spots. As long, and that is a big question, Evgenia can skate okay they will send her to the Olympics. If Maria wins the title then I am guessing the team is set - Evgenia, Alina and Maria. Now if Polina can win over Maria they will probably have a skate off at Euros. Liza would have to do two triple axels to make it now and poor Lena. and poor Leonova forgotten:( I hope they skate well in the long program Yes, home nation cooking but that is everywhere. At least better skating than the pathetic Russian men - now that was just carnage but not from competition bad skating. I guess Chan has a chance there. But I digress, really tough competitive skating here! Only three will podium and most likely only two will get Olympic spots. Oh the drama!

whatif

Medalist
Did I miss something? How come Alina is first? I thought Maria won it fair and square especially with that fall by Zag? So sad to see poor Lena near tears and to struggle so much. I feel bad because a lot has been due to her inability to adjust to her lanky body. She is like Nam their growth was startling and hard to overcome. Still the top three ladies here are probably what we expected overall despite our favourites. So really the battle is between Zag, Maria, Polina for two spots. As long, and that is a big question, Evgenia can skate okay they will send her to the Olympics. If Maria wins the title then I am guessing the team is set - Evgenia, Alina and Maria. Now if Polina can win over Maria they will probably have a skate off at Euros. Liza would have to do two triple axels to make it now and poor Lena. and poor Leonova forgotten:( I hope they skate well in the long program Yes, home nation cooking but that is everywhere. At least better skating than the pathetic Russian men - now that was just carnage but not from competition bad skating. I guess Chan has a chance there. But I digress, really tough competitive skating here! Only three will podium and most likely only two will get Olympic spots. Oh the drama!

Did you even watch the comp? What fall by Zag? Sometimes I feel like people post a boilerplate stuff written in advance over and over.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Honestly, I’m not even surprised anymore. Zagitova has always been massively overscored ever since her junior days, but it got even worse this season, especially at GPF (both segments but worse for SP) and it was obvious that she shouldn’t have scored so high. So I’m not shocked one bit that even with a mistake she’s ahead of the skaters who were clean here, even if it’s Nationals.