2018 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did you even watch the comp? What fall by Zag? Sometimes I feel like people post a boilerplate stuff written in advance over and over.

True...people often overlook that she just chooses to become the Silver Break Dancing Swan from time to time in this program.

girl in red

Rinkside
i am feeling really sad for elena,i am not a huge fan of her but i would love to see her at the olympics!for the girls that did well now i was mostly impressed by polina and liza tukt.I have to say i am not really impressed by eteri s new girls...i dont know i just feel like they all skate the same without any character,they are of course still very young though.
Anyway for me i cant watch russian nationals without missing the one and only yulia lipnitskaia:luv17::luv17: and here i would like to share with you a huge secret..........kolyada reminds me of her and i am obviously the only person in the world that would ever say that:palmf::scratch3:

icybear

Medalist
Crazy how Russia has like a dozen girls who could easily place from 1 to 12 in the olympics if it was allowed. If only they were all born 4 years earlier then the Russian Fed wouldn't had to go to all that trouble of inflating Sotnikova in Sochi.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I have to say i am not really impressed by eteri s new girls...i dont know i just feel like they all skate the same without any character,
Did you watch the same competition as the rest of us? :scratch2:
Did you miss JGPF at all? :scratch2:
otherwise... it's just ridiculous....

russianfan

Match Penalty
my thoughts after watching:

I wasn't paying much attention to Mikhailova before, but she has such small jumps, that reminds me of Satoko a little bit, except that Mikhailova manages to actually rotate her jumps :)
Tsurskaya was magical. Lutz as always is to die for. An amazing performance, love the ending!
This was my first time watching Tarusina, and wow - this girl is pretty good, fast rotations, interesting spins, also love her rippon. Was very surprised to see 3-3 as the last jumping element. The music was awful though.
Konstantinova: charming performer, though i'm not a big fan of this style. Was very visible how frustrated she was right after the pop, and she completely has broken the character for the rest of the program. Also, her posture is pretty bad.
Radionova... well, she looked like a skater even below average, nothing special... bad jumps, bad spins. I was completely disappointed by her skate.. PCS were too overscored imho.
Another amazing performance was brought to us by Gubanova - she was basically flying over the ice, combo looked a bit heavy though. Her spins at the end were just WOW. Hard to believe that this girl wasn't able to qualify for JGPF.
Gulyakova: very strong skater with effortless jumps, but too focused on the elements and the program is empty.. also flutz..
Leonova: she enjoys her performance so much. Unfortunately jumps are not there and she is pretty slow compared to previous girls.
Sima was so lovely, she is a ball of sunshine :) It's almost impossible not to like this girl! Nice performance despite few technical mistakes. Her reaction in KnC is adorable :love:
Panenkova is consistent as always, and once again i think that with better programs she can be a really strong senior skater. She just needs to find her style.
Tuktamysheva today was like a better version of Radionova :biggrin: Big distance on the jumps, good performance and well-deserved score. Crowd loves her :thumbsup:
Kostornaya continues to impress me and not only me. You can see that crowd starts clapping even before she actually starts a jump, that's how confident she looks. Her PCS feel very underscored though..
Tarasova was like "if i would be a judge i would give her GOE's like crazy". Eteri, on the other hand, not impressed at all :laugh:
Gracheva: well, when a skater from the bottom of the standings lands -Lo combo, that tells you something about a level of competition... decent lutz as well, but some judge decided that it deserves -1, really? :palmf:
Alina, my dear, seriously, what's your problem with this program? I'm kinda tired of waiting for a clean SP... Except that step out everything was very good and to be honest that step out didn't affect program much. Love the reaction to the scores from Daniil - "78, seriously??" and Eteri is like "I just don't care anymore" :biggrin:
Istomina: extremely telegraphed jumps, but still failed the combo. Good recovery though. Weird mistake in the ending pose, probably too tired.
Samodurova is so energetic in her program! That was probably her season's best SP.
Sotskova was good. Can't say much about her skating since i'm not a big fan of her, but good music accents into jumps and solid performance overall. Surprisingly now it seems like even Russia's #3 will have good chances to medal at ANY competition. That's cool.
Unfortunate end of competition by Yakovleva, but you can tell that she tried her best :thumbsup:

Summing it all, 17 out of 18 skaters scored more than 62, with 6 skaters getting 71+ :clapper: That's the level!

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I will happily write my impressions from SP after live viewing but one thing I would like to point out
Radionova left me cold, spins were bad, posture bad, jumps underrotated and not on the same level as top 10 at least here.
Others (except Yakovleva) were great, even if minor mistakes occurred. Cannot wait for FS tomorrow!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
i did actually and i still feel the same!i dont know...just my opinion!sorry to disappoint you:shrug:
Quite a bit of differences. I dont think Kostornaya is alike anyone else of hers with international experience. Panenkova of course I find very dry.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
(watched live)
Kostornaya was AMAZING. And have you seen how she managed to escape crashing to the boards after combo. Her blade was 10cm from boards

Correction: watched video, it is about 2-3 cm

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Zagitova got around 35 PCS at the GPF, if i'm not mistaken. I think the PCS here, given the fact that this is a domestic competition, are not ridiculous.
I think all three top ladies looked tentative today. Not the skate of their life for sure.

Lol, her components were already (over)scored beyond measure there at the GPF. Unreasonable inflation is what it is - unreasonable inflation.

lbamda

On the Ice
Whaaaa - Sofia only got 67?!

I call sheninigans!

Sorry, but it it was necessary to look alive, she went absolutely across music, I don't know as the enemy has decided to offer her such music, but she doesn't interpret it musically. This girl with a quite good potential, but in group of a Mishin it will hardly be disclosed. As a result of the judge we were right.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Lol, her components were already (over)scored beyond measure there at the GPF. Unreasonable inflation is what it is - unreasonable inflation.

Thanks for being honest Ares. IMO, take every score in the ladies event today and subtract a 4-5 point minimum, and we see where Russian ladies are when compared with others.

Just saying.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for being honest Ares. IMO, take every score in the ladies event today and subtract a 4-5 point minimum, and we see where Russian ladies are when compared with others.

Just saying.

You get so angry when people say this type of comment about Canada yet you have no issue letting insults fly here? Every score...subtract 4-5pts minimum? :palmf: OK...lol. The Juniors here could come run all over the Canadian podium....well any podium really. No need to disrespect the entire field...its completely false anyway.

Just saying.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Just saying.

Your nick said enough already )
Well, while I agree about top 2 ladies - there are actually underscored ladies as well. Mostly juniors and those which RusFed consider dangerous to predetermined standings. Nevertheless it isn't nice to generalize your dislike of russian ladies to all of them - no matter how much you feel jealous/threatened by them to realize dream for canadian olympic gold. I mean - if any of top 6 there would be from Canada, for example, I wouldn't be surprised if she easily become national champion and beat Osmond with huuuge homeland pcs boost ;) And you would be glad about that, to boot )