2018 Volvo Open Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Volvo Open Cup

Country
Norway
YAY, happy for Sondre and his coach Berit Steigedal jumping up and down after his best ever SP score, 67.82. Tech 36.38, which qualifies for worlds :rock:

Now just skate for that free minimum tech!

I'm not following everyone here, but I guess a lot of them are fighting for qualifing points. I'll watch Nikolaj and a few others.

Omg, I´m so happy for him, and the moment when Sondre and Berit jumped up and down, so lovely to watch! It´s so nice to see when they get really really happy.

And yay for 3nd place after the short program. The free program is going to be very exciting, fingers crossed for a medal :pray:

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Does anyone have videos of the Men? I would love to se both Nikolaj and Sondre.
Ps. Congrats to Sondre for reaching the TES for Worlds and Nikolaj for reaching the TES for Europeans. I konw the Majorov brothers hope to go to Europeans together and it might come true now.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Does anyone have videos of the Men? I would love to se both Nikolaj and Sondre.
Ps. Congrats to Sondre for reaching the TES for Worlds and Nikolaj for reaching the TES for Europeans. I konw the Majorov brothers hope to go to Europeans together and it might come true now.

Videos might come later. Nikolaj had issues on all his jump passes. Anyway he's now good for Europeans. GO brothers!

Country
Norway
Hopefully there will be uploaded som videos on youtube later. Other then that, there is a good live stream during competitions. Also hope to see both Majorov at Europeans!

The starting order for the FS tomorrow is out, and Sondre will be skating as the last one!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Senior Pairs (French Nationals) results:

1. Cleo HAMON / Denis STREAKLIN (FRA) - (142.15) 1 2
2. Camille MENDOZA / Pavel KOVALEV (FRA) - (136.08) 2 1
3. Coline KERIVEN / Antoine Noel PIERRE (FRA) - (126.58) 3 3

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Fore Europeans Sweden has two spots and now three skaters who have the points to go. Alexander Majorov is I would assume in the clear. Then it is Nikolaj Majorov and Gabriel Folkesson who I would say are fairly equal in level. I think Gabriel is better when both are clean but Nikolaj is more consistent and had a better JGP

Country
Norway
I´m looking forward to the senior ladies SP. I´m very excited to see what Dasa GRM can bring, the end of last season with the competition in worlds was so great to see. I really like her musicality and interpretation. I havn´t been following her in off season, so I havn´t got a clue how she´s prepared, what program she is doing, music choice and more. So that will be a total surprise, and I really hope she had a good off season!

Also a lot more names I know in the ladies SP, also looking forward to Ivett Toth, which I reckon will be in position for a medal, and hoping that Algotsson will be doing all right. And of course, looking forward to see our own Camilla Gjersem, and hope she also will have a good competition like she had in Minsk, where she took a new personal best. I havn´t been able to find a video of her from the Minsk arena, where she got the bronze. I saw the programs in Finlandia Trophy, but it didn´t go so well there. I also wish for her too reach the qualification TES for the worlds. Last year she managed to do so in the FS, but Anne Line got the spot for Norway.

Also there is another Norwegian competing, Marianne Stalen which I never have seen compete, so that will also be interesting. It´s good to see new Norwegians are competing at senior levels.

But it will be a long SP, with 34 starting.

icetug

Medalist
I'm so happy for Sondre, hope for getting TES for Worlds also in FS.

By the way, did the Bodenstein siblings switch coaches? Both were with different ones in K&C.

MaHa75

On the Ice
I am so happy for 15 years old Estonian skater Eva-Lotta Kiibus who also earned Worlds SP tech points. In free skating she already have the points from Finlandia Trophy...so yeah I hope she will make it ��

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Fore Europeans Sweden has two spots and now three skaters who have the points to go. Alexander Majorov is I would assume in the clear. Then it is Nikolaj Majorov and Gabriel Folkesson who I would say are fairly equal in level. I think Gabriel is better when both are clean but Nikolaj is more consistent and had a better JGP

Are you sure about Gabriel having the qualifying free tech? Has he even done a senior competition this season? And I can't see him listed for anyone soon. A bit worrying perhaps.

Two groups to go in men's senior. All the best to all hopeful. May they reach their goals :)

LOL about Philippe releasing his afro hair... not his best skate though I presume and not the usual K&C behaviour :laugh:

Petr Kotlark did better and is in first place. His first real senior season, right? Hi Florent!

Now GO Nikolaj!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I am right in thinking you need 64 in FS TES to go to Worlds?

Petr got 61 - so close :( no one else is near yet

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I am right in thinking you need 64 in FS TES to go to Worlds?

Petr got 61 - so close :( no one else is near yet

yes, 64(last season 66) for worlds and 46(last season 48) for Euros

Nikolaj got 59.68

anyway, there are lots of competitions before worlds :)

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
yes, 64 for worlds and 46 for Euros

Nikolaj got 59.68

Ah I didn't realise Euros was lower :) that's good that Nikolaj can try to go to Euros. Will he be competing with Alexander for the spot though?

Country
Norway
Yes 64.00, so close! But I thought it´s enough if you qualify either for the TES score in SP or in the FS, and not both. So if you do one or another you qualified for worlds, but maybe i´m wrong?

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes 64.00, so close! But I thought it´s enough if you qualify either for the TES score in SP or in the FS, and not both. So if you do one or another you qualified for worlds, but maybe i´m wrong?

I think you have to get the TES for both, but they can be from different competitions :)

Country
Norway
Ah I didn't realise Euros was lower :) that's good that Nikolaj can try to go to Euros. Will he be competing with Alexander for the spot though?

Sweden has to spots next year (this season) because Alexander was top 10 in the last Euros :)

Country
Norway
I think you have to get the TES for both, but they can be from different competitions :)

Okey, I just had it from somewhere that you didn´t have to have both, but it makes much more sense. I actually find it a bit odd that the FS is as high as 64, where the SP is 34. Obviously the freeskate is longer, but it seems much more difficult getting the minimum qualifying TES-score for the FS.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Aw and Mark makes it as well! He's very pleased. I enjoyed his skating on the JGP and ACI so that's good to see :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

They can both go, but I think it would be good to have a substitute for worlds. Nikolaj can get there if he stands up. He fell on the 3-axel and stumbled on the loop which also probably counted as a fall.