2. Cappellini/Lanotte
3. Hubbel/Donohue
4. Weaver/Poje
5. Chock/Bates
6. Stepanova/Bukin
7. Gilles/Poirier

LadyB

Record Breaker
Talking about cutting it fine.... well, one hour to go!

Men:

1. Shoma Uno
2. Nathan Chen
3. Boyang Jin
4. Dmitri Aliev
5. Mikhail Kolyada
6. Vincent Zhou

Ladies:

1. Alina Zagitova
2. Kaetlyn Osmond
3. Carolina Kostner
4. Satoko Miyahara
5. Maria Sotskova
6. Wakaba Higuchi

Pairs:

1. Aljona Savchenko / Bruno Massot
2. Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov
3. Xiaoyu Yu / Hao Zhang
4. Valentina Marchei / Ondrej Hotarek
5. Vanessa James / Morgan Cipres
6. Natalia Zabiiako / Alexander Enbert

Ice Dance:

1. Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
2. Madison Hubbel / Zachary Donohue
3. Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte
4. Madison Chock / Evan Bates
5. Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin
6. Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier

Good luck, all!!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Where on Earth is Javier Fernandez?! Is he injured?

If he is injured or unwell, then get well soon Javi! But, if he isn’t, then I am very angry that he is not here. Because, him not being there has pretty much guaranteed that Spain will be down to one slot at Worlds for next season. Which means that at least one of his team-mates will miss out (one of them if Fernandez retires, and both of them if he sticks around). And that seems very selfish to me.

Incidentally, I have no problem with Patrick or Yuzuru not being at Worlds, as their countries have other skaters that can earn multiple slots. However, no harm to him, but Javier Raya isn’t going to be able to do that (he is only 25th on the list of entries when it is ordered by absolute PB).

Javier Fernandez has done a great deal of good for figure skating in his country. But, if he is not unfit to compete and is just skipping Worlds of his own accord, it will have greatly diminished my opinion of him.

Anyway, in the absence of these skaters, it has made my decision making a bit more streamlined. At the GP Final, I went for Chen-Uno-Kolyada. At the Olympics, I went for Uno-Chen-Kolyada-Jin. This time, based on what happened at the Olympics a few weeks ago, I am going for Uno-Chen-Jin-Kolyada.

Next, I put Aliev. I would have liked to put him as the top Russian, as I really rate the guy and he did very well at the Olympics. But, after getting beaten by Aliev, I have a feeling that Kolyada will be going all out here to re-assert his position as the top Russian.

Next was Vincent. Again, I would have liked to have put him higher, but there just aren’t enough places for everybody I would like to put into my Top 5.

After the Top 6, I was just going to go by absolute PB, because there are a lot of guys in the mix that I like, and I didn’t want to choose between them. HOWEVER, some of them didn’t do as well at the Olympics as I hoped. So, I ended up being quite ruthless instead.

Tanaka was 7th on the absolute PB list. But, since he was outside the Top 15 in both segments in Pyeongchang, I pushed him out of my Top 10 and went for the next guy on the list, Max Aaron (who was not at Pyeongchang, but was 3rd in a GP earlier in the season). Next was Misha Ge, but traditionally the judges don’t seem to get him, so down he went and up went the next guy, Bychenko (who got a Top 10 in the SP in Pyeongchang, and was 3rd in a GP earlier in the season)

Next on the list was our favourite Alaskan, Keegan Messing. Although his only podium internationally this season has been at a Senior B, he has been so impressive. So, he was not pushed down.

For the final Top 10 spot, I was dithering between two guys – Kvitilashvili and Majorov. Then I realised that I could make a point with one of them. So, I actually took Majorov and moved him up to 8th position – the position whose score last season the Swedish Olympic Committee wanted him to be able to achieve better than to send him to the Olympics.

Since Ice Dance doesn’t start until tomorrow, I will make out my predictions for them later (i.e. once the start order has been published, so that I don’t have to copy and edit lists of entrants twice). Because there are a few loose ends from the Olympics which I would like to tie up first...

CaroLiza_fan

SENIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Men

1. Shoma UNO, JPN
2. Nathan CHEN, USA
3. Boyang JIN, CHN
4. Mikhail KOLYADA, RUS
5. Dmitri ALIEV, RUS

Just for fun:
6. Vincent ZHOU, USA
7. Max AARON, USA
8. Alexander MAJOROV, SWE
9. Alexei BYCHENKO, ISR
10. Keegan MESSING, CAN

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Since the men have yet to skate:

1) Boyang Jin
2) Nathan Chen
3) Shoma Uno
4) Mikhail Kolyada
5) Dimitri Aliev
6) Vincent Zhou

TylerW

Spectator
I'll give this a go! I'm only going to predict the first 3 and not 6.

Ladies:
1) Alina Zagitova
2) Kaetlyn Osmond
3) Carolina Kostner

(I would love for Satoko to medal! My tiny little ice queen! Queen of beautiful hands and arms)

Men:
1) Boyang Jin
2) Nathan Chen
3) Shoma Uno

(I'm just hoping for a clean Nathan!)

Pairs:
1) S/M
2) T/M
3) J/C

Ice Dance:
1) P/C
2) H/D
3) C/L

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When I came to do my Ice Dance predictions, I hadn’t a clue. So, I closed my eyes and pointed at the screen, and when I opened them my finger was at a little known Cretan-French partnership. And I thought “Oh well, they will do…”

In all seriousness, in the absence of Virtue / Moir, nobody is going to touch Papadakis / Cizeron. But, it should be a very interesting battle for the positions behind them.

The Shibs, who were third at the GP Final and the Olympics, and Bobrova / Soloviev, who were 5th at the Olympics, aren’t here either. But, the remainder of the Top 10 at Pyeongchang (which includes the remainder of the Top 6 from Nagoya) are here.

Seeing as I got a perfect score in Pyeongchang, I am going to put those partnerships in the same order here. HOWEVER, I did make some changes after that.

For 5th and 6th positions, I swapped Gilles / Poirier and Chock / Bates around. Their scores were very close in Pyeongchang and, to be fair, this is the order I would have probably put them if I had been debating scoring positions back then.

Next home in the Olympics were Guignard / Fabbri. There is practically nothing to separate their absolute PB and that of Stepanova / Bukin. HOWEVER, the Russians are much higher when it comes to ISU PB, and were 4 points ahead of the Italians at Europeans. More importantly, Ivan will be out to make a point after being banned from the Olympics.

Tiffany and Jonathan had a very disappointing Olympics. They did better at Europeans, were they were one place behind the Charlene and Marco. I would have liked to put them ahead this time, but there was a big difference in their scores at Europeans. So, I kept them behind here too.

In fact, I slipped the Four Continents Champions in between the two partnerships.

It's a pity Coomes / Buckland aren't here, but I still managed to get 2 British Ice Dancers into the Top 10. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

SENIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ice Dance

1. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON, FRA
2. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE, USA
3. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE, ITA
4. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE, CAN
5. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER, CAN

Just for fun:
6. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES, USA
7. Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN, RUS
8. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI, ITA
9. Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER, USA
10. Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO, RUS

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I hope all the results will be scored. :)

Sorry about that.

I was making out the Hall Of Fame post last week, and noticed that Pairs hadn't been scored and thought "I wonder who I had down to score them". So I looked up my scorers table, and what did I discover?

It was me that was supposed to score Pairs! :eek:

I completely forgot that I was scoring the Pairs as well as the Team event. :drama: :eek:: :slink:

I've still to put up the post about the podium positions, but the Olympic Pairs scores are already in the spreadsheet.

And don't worry, the wait won't be as long this time. I've already got the predictions pasted into the algorithm, and the coding done. All I have to do is paste the actual results into the algorithm. And that will be done in a few days, once I have watched the competition.

Sorry again for my stupidity

CaroLiza_fan

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Ladies! results are in!!! and this was very unexpected to say the least, only 2 people put Kaetlyn in 1st Osmond4gold and schoolfigures!! some put Satoko and Wakaba on the podium but not at the same time :biggrin:

Gold Medal : spread beagle and Moxiejan with 90 points!!!:hap57::hap10::clapper:

Silver Medal : SnowWhite, apgold, MIM, vesperalvioletta, Poice, lovaticcanada, Shandy, Winry, icedance, Colonel Green, casualfan and Debrah with 80 points!! :hap93::gclap:

Bronze Medal : Osmond4gold, sakurano, schoolfigures and semosk8tfan with 70 points! :cheer:

i will enter rest of the results tomorrow, so if there are any mistakes please let me know:agree:

congratulations to all!!! see you next year!!:thank::ghug:

Weathergal

Medalist
Men’s Results

GOLD with 90 points: LaArdilla, Marius, MIM, Nika09, spread beagle

SILVER with 80 points: Sk8rBoii, voolfee

BRONZE with 70 points: Antyv, apgold, Baron Vladimir, desertskates, FSLover17, jenaj, lovaticcanada, moonkat, Moxiejan, NYscorp6, Osmond4gold, Poice, sakurano, Skater Boy, surimi, yoloaxel

Congratulations to all the medalists! :hap10:

The Men’s competitions have been rather hard to predict all season, and Worlds was no exception. In fact, this was probably the most surprising competition yet! No one got all five places correct; in fact, no one had just the podium correct – or even all the three podium finishers in any order in their top three. Quite a few people had Nathan Chen and Shoma Uno correct as their top two (many also had them in reverse order). But no one had Mikhail Kolyada correctly slotted in third place, although quite a few people had him in fourth or fifth place. Special mention to sakurano, who was the only person to correctly predict Alexei Bychenko in fourth place. :bow: Quite a few people did have Bychenko in their reserve spot in sixth place.

What hurt many predictions was Boyang Jin not getting anywhere near the podium (he was in 19th place). He was the most frequently guessed skater in third place. Another common guess was Dmitri Aliev in fourth or fifth, although he ended up in seventh. Vincent Zhou was also commonly guessed in fourth or fifth place, but he ended up in 14th place. Also no one had Kazuki Tomono in fifth place – or even anywhere in their top five guesses.

Whew that was tough one! :ghug: Thanks to all the players, my fellow scorers, and the organizers – SnowWhite for the GP series game and CaroLiza_fan for the Nationals and ISU Championships games. :thank: Scoring and playing was a lot of fun – even if some of my predictions were…:hopelessness:

Enjoy the offseason! :party2: Hope to see everyone back for the predictions games next season!

I’ve added the scores to the spreadsheet. If you have any corrections, please let me know.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
All caught up on watching Senior Worlds, so here are the Pairs results.

GOLD with 160 points: Hyena, Roast Toast.

SILVER with 140 points: MIM, Poice, SnowWhite.

BRONZE with 130 points: apgold, casualfan, decjimmy, desertskates, FSLover17, Ice Diva, invisiblespiral, Kittosuni, Koatterce, LaArdilla, Mamamiia, MelDee, Moxiejan, nox1, Sabrina, semosk8tfan, Spirals for Miles, vesperalvioletta.

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

The Ice Dance scorer was fortunate enough to actually be at Senior Worlds, so that is why there is a bit of a delay in those scores going up.

Once all the scores are in the spreadsheet, I’ll post all the Top 10 lists for the Predictions Game. But, if you know where to look, there might be a bit of a preview up already… ;) :biggrin:

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looking through the ice dance predictions, hardly anyone (myself included) put Gilles/Poirier in the top six in lieu of Stepanova/Bukin.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
BIG BIG BIG apologies for the delay! I was in Milan live and then Easter weekend rolled around - no time for anything:(. And additionally, my post with predictions got deleted somehow...<bummer>

Ice Dance results!:cheer:

Gold Medal : schoolfigures, skdus0210 and sunnystars (3S power!!!) with perfect score of 200 points!!!:bow::hb:

Silver Medal : surimi with 160 points!! :hap93::gclap:

Bronze Medal : Nika09 with 150 points! :party2::cheer:

and PEWTER medal - since I am still feeling festive after Worlds: [/B][/COLOR]Antyv, corynna, desertskates, franzkatka, FSLover17, icedance, lovaticcanada, Marin, MelDee, Sabrina, Skater Boy, SnowWhite and voolfee with 130 points! :party2:

The most common score was 110 points - all of players had winners put correctly and most of players had also top 2 guessed in the right order, problems started in 3-5 guesses - it was a variation of Cappellini/Lanotte, WeaPo, Chock/Bates and occasionally Stepanova/Bukin. Only 5 players got podium right - all who medalled, putting trust into WeaPo paid off :laugh:. All who got pewter, had one common error by switching Italians and WeaPo in 3-4. User surimi had top 4 guessed correctly (woot), but on 5th had Stepanova/Bukin, user Nika09 had interesting predictions: correct top 3, Chock/Bates correctly on 5th, but - again! - Stepanova/Bukin in 4th which messed overall points.

I will try my best to put scores in spreadsheet today - thank You all for your patience!

NoNameFace

Antyv

On the Ice
Ice Dance results!:cheer:
and PEWTER medal - since I am still feeling festive after Worlds: [/B][/COLOR]Antyv, corynna, desertskates, franzkatka, FSLover17, icedance, lovaticcanada, Marin, MelDee, Sabrina, Skater Boy, SnowWhite and voolfee with 130 points! :party2:
Wow! I got PEWTER medal! I'm very happy.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two bronzes and a silver medal! Not bad for the end of the season after bombing most of the previous predictions.

Thanks to all the scorers who can take a rest until the Fall!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finally got myself together and input those Prediction Game ID scores from Worlds... I am so sorry that it got that long, but since yesterday evening I am feeling like sheet, just in time for spring :(

Just quoting this here to let everybody know that the final positions for the ISU Championships Predictions Game are now in the Hall of Fame Thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2066402#post2066402

Oh, and the table showing all the Podium Finishers at the World Championships are in the post above it.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan