2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1208 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
But to me this is why I prefer Alena’s performance to Anna’s. A lot of Anna’s moves to me feel like posing. They are beautiful poses but there is something slightly exaggerated in the movements that sometimes to me makes it less sophisticated and fluid. Like she’s moving into the next pose. Alena here criticism for not being expressive in her face but I disagree entirely. She communicates with her eyes and very subtle expressions on her face. I mean, watch the end to her free skate. That performance could easily become corny or inappropriately sexual for someone her age but she manages to sell it and keep it just the right mix of subtle flirtations and elegance. Her subtly is what makes it truly artistic and sophisticated. She is absolutely communicating emotions but more subtly with her eyes and body.

This is matter of taste. That is better if the skaters are very different from each other. We can easily chooose among them who is our favorite. That is Anna's style. Eteri's girls are Eteri's girls but they have very different styles and this is very good! Otherwise the mimic is very common in dancesport, and ice dance, too. That is the part of the performance. But what is sufficient and too much mimic - this is matter of taste again. :biggrin:

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Kamila is very talented, yes. And many predict she will win Olympic gold. I just hope to see her performing new programs and not repeating the same programs again.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
This is matter of taste. That is better if the skaters are very different from each other. We can easily chooose among them who is our favorite. That is Anna's style. Eteri's girls are Eteri's girls but they have very different styles and this is very good! Otherwise the mimic is very common in dancesport, and ice dance, too. That is the part of the performance. But what is sufficient and too much mimic - this is matter of taste again. :biggrin:

^^^this. One of the main things that I like about Eteri’s team is that they let the personalities of their skaters show. Honestly this can be clearly seen in the 2018 JGPF. Eteri had four girls compete in that event and you could see the distinct style of each girl. I am pretty sure that Ted Barton even commented on it during that event and during his interview with Eteri.

halulupu

Final Flight
do you guys think that zhenya has been making some progress on ther 4s while having extra icetime in Japan while all the others are in quarantine at home? this might be big oppertunity for her actually having all this extra icetime.

Amei

Record Breaker
do you guys think that zhenya has been making some progress on ther 4s while having extra icetime in Japan while all the others are in quarantine at home? this might be big oppertunity for her actually having all this extra icetime.

The last that was reported was that she wasn't training in Japan. That might be backfiring on her since most of the rest of the Russian National team is starting to train this week

Scott512

Record Breaker

Zhenya is in limbo. But not forever. I'm sure she's very frustrated like many athletes are and most of the world. But we are living in a time of a worldwide pandemic affecting everyone.

starlight97

Final Flight
The only two Russian ladies that could realistically have a quad for the first time next season are Tuktamysheva or Kostornaya.
And maybe not even, considering how their schedule has been messed up now.

With Evgenia and Alina we can be happy if they manage to get their 3-3 combos stable and skate clean

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Hold the presses! Alina Zagitova beats Johnny Weir for top honors in fashion! :)

https://www.rt.com/sport/489621-alina-zagitova-olympic-style-champion/

And that site brought me to the recent photo of Adelina Sotnikova with a big scare in front of her neck... Jeeez, i didn't know figure skating injuries and spinal cord injuries precisely can lead to that. I mean, that kind of operation looks risky :eeking: https://www.rt.com/sport/483755-russian-figure-skater-sotnikova-neck-scar/ Congrats to Alina tho, i loved her tutu(s) :biggrin:

starlight97

Final Flight
And that site brought me to the recent photo of Adelina Sotnikova with a big scare in front of her neck... Jeeez, i didn't know figure skating injuries and spinal cord injuries precisely can lead to that. I mean, that kind of operation looks risky :eeking: https://www.rt.com/sport/483755-russian-figure-skater-sotnikova-neck-scar/ Congrats to Alina tho, i loved her tutu(s) :biggrin:

I never knew Adelina had a serious cervical spine injury?
When did that happen? I can't remember her ever mentioning such a serious injury during her competitive years

Resa

On the Ice
Do you think Tuk and Trusova can influence each other jump wise, now that they are basically training together?

brakes

On the Ice
Excuse me, but has Alina Zagitova just won on-line voting on Olympic Channel's instagram against Usain Bolt and other sporting superstars? :eek:
What is going on with popularity of figure skating? :yahoo:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Excuse me, but has Alina Zagitova just won on-line voting on Olympic Channel's instagram against Usain Bolt and other sporting superstars? :eek:
What is going on with popularity of figure skating? :yahoo:

You know, the russian girls are destroying the popularity of the sport. At least that's what we are told :devil:

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Kamila is very talented, yes. And many predict she will win Olympic gold. I just hope to see her performing new programs and not repeating the same programs again.

I think that if a competition junior and senior were to be held right now and things were to be scored fairly, Kamila would emerge the winner. There is no more complete skater. Spins, jumps, "emotion", skating skills.

brakes

On the Ice
You know, the russian girls are destroying the popularity of the sport. Aty least that's what we are told :devil:
Seriously though, I'm reading the instagram, watching YT and the hype is unreal: French media send birthday wishes to Alina, US media analyze what Evgenia said to Eteri in Pyeongchang's K&C, Russian media post pic of Masaru and interview with 12yo Akatieva, all with hundreds or thousands comments and much more views. Dutch, French and Olympic media inform about Trusova's transfer, which is basically an internal Russian transfer of 15yo rookie bronze European medalist skater, not to mention growing fan base getting crazy over all "scandals" on fora and social media. It's still not 90s, but slowly and steady our beautiful sport is building up! :agree:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
When did that happen? I can't remember her ever mentioning such a serious injury during her competitive years

Well, i read she was saying she has an injury which prevent her to compete. I guess that was it. I mean, people were saying it wasn't serious and she was making excuses not to compete, but we can see how the reality is quite different, and i won't talk about those kind of people who are making evil noises :sad21:

Amei

Record Breaker

Given all the twisting that skaters do in spins and jumps, plus the pounding of landing their jumps on an unforgiving surface - I'm sure skaters that compete/train at a high level get some kind of back or spinal injuries.