2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 964 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

karina17

Final Flight
Anna and Alyona are keeping their previous FS layouts. Sasha is doing two quads in the first half and one in the second (4Lz, 4T3T, 4T1Eu3S x).

Anna fell on her first 4Lz and 4F and then landed a 4Lz3T. Alyona landed her first 3A2T, then fell on her second 3A and her 3Lz. Sasha landed everything clean (missed the first -3Lo after her first 3Lz, so she put it on the last one).

I keep thinking Sasha's going to win this.

Resa

On the Ice
So, I‘m at the arena. Ice resurfacing. The venue looks ugly from the outside (and some areas on the inside) but the ice quality seems good. I also haven‘t found the infamous potato field yet to be honest. :laugh:

Oh no, now I'm kinda disappointed :D I was counting on the potato field to be there

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Anna and Alyona are keeping their previous FS layouts. Sasha is doing two quads in the first half and one in the second (4Lz, 4T3T, 4T1Eu3S x).

Anna fell on her first 4Lz and 4F and then landed a 4Lz3T. Alyona landed her first 3A2T, then fell on her second 3A and her 3Lz. Sasha landed everything clean (missed the first -3Lo after her first 3Lz, so she put it on the last one).

I keep thinking Sasha's going to win this.

The most important thing is that all three are in order and in a fighting mood.

I really want Sasha to win here :pray:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Ehm, nope, not enough. The biggest language in Europe is Russian. And there shouldn't be a problem to use Russian first and foremost. People said there are literally no signs in Russian even inside the arena. How they shall know where is the entry way? Almost half of all skaters use russian internationally, half of Europe speaks Russian as their first or second language. This is the basic need of every international event in europe. Poor infrastructure indeed. Belarus was much better.
Yes, skaters can't wash in 2020 in Austria with hot water. In winter time. Denis Hodîkin said about it. Is it a luxury there, like Russian language signs?
Englisch is the world language number one and no the biggest language is not russian but english

Fluture

Record Breaker
Oh no, now I'm kinda disappointed :D I was counting on the potato field to be there

I FOUND IT! :laugh: I was so intrigued by the infamous potato field that I had to go looking. It‘s not exactly close to the rink, though but I can see why the Russian guys stumbled across it. It‘s on the way to the airport.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The most important thing is that all three are in order and in a fighting mood.

I really want Sasha to win here :pray:

Me too. She deserves a confidence boost, Aleksandra “Pocket Rocket”, Driving Quads and Jumping Quads.

Let’s see how she jumps her triksel tomorrow, if she includes it in her short program after good training and warming up.

Once she has completed it, and grows more confident jumping it under various circumstances, she’ll master it.

According to most of the content analysis I’ve interpreted, Aleksandra needs to add the most to stay abreast with Anna and Alyona: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?81995-The-Tutberidze-Effect&p=2554438#post2554438

She cannot run the risk of getting left off of the World Championships team.

She knows what is at stake besides a medal: pride and honour, and perhaps personal glory too.

Do well tomorrow, Queen of Quads, Quintesse(ntial) Quadster :)

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Alexandra will (well, most likely) beat Alena with 3 quads and 3A but I will most likely lose against somewhat clean Anna

SXTN

Final Flight
You can doubt all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the whole Russian team (and other teams too) does not have hot water in their rooms.

These are assumptions you made based on one short insta video. Stop spreading negative vibes here.

klena

On the Ice
I doubt that too

Irina Zhuk: "I won't talk about the arena or anything else, but the lack of hot water in the hotel is just a nightmare. Of course, the guys somehow get out of it, but it's just not normal for competitions of this level"
Aleksandra Stepanova noted that for the first time she faced the lack of hot water in the hotel at the competition. "Well, what to do - quickly, under the cold. But this has never happened before - this is our first such experience at tournaments," the figure skater admitted.

halulupu

Final Flight
Irina Zhuk: "I won't talk about the arena or anything else, but the lack of hot water in the hotel is just a nightmare. Of course, the guys somehow get out of it, but it's just not normal for competitions of this level"
Aleksandra Stepanova noted that for the first time she faced the lack of hot water in the hotel at the competition. "Well, what to do - quickly, under the cold. But this has never happened before - this is our first such experience at tournaments," the figure skater admitted.
It must be an unfortunate defect. But posters here are impling that austria is a underdeveloped country which it is obviously not.

Resa

On the Ice
I FOUND IT! :laugh: I was so intrigued by the infamous potato field that I had to go looking. It‘s not exactly close to the rink, though but I can see why the Russian guys stumbled across it. It‘s on the way to the airport.

Ah, I see! :D In my head, I pictured a lonely, rusty hangar in the middle of nowhere, just surrounded by potato fields. But I guess all will be fine, now that this controverse fields are not that close to it ;D

kallirroe

On the Ice
So only 3 quads for trusova instead of 5? Why??

I was wondering the same thing but i am happy she is going for 3 Quads which she lands so cleanly all of them , competition by competition. Salchow seemed to not be that consistent and Flip.. she just hasnt tried it so many times to speak about consistency. If she lands the 3A in short and with clean FS, i think she wins. Fingers crossed for all three girls!!