2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 963 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Albus

Match Penalty
Wow there is no infrastructure for people with disabilities and even no hot water in a hotel. I wish next ECs will be held more east in Europe.
Interesting, are there at least signs in Russian language in this town?

Arbitrary

Medalist
Wow there is no infrastructure for people with disabilities and even no hot water in a hotel. I wish next ECs will be held more east in Europe.

What for? English is enough.
No hot water in which hotel? For skaters? That may be a good reason for sickness.

What I pretty much like in Austria there's virtually no problem to use English.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
'In a hotel' sure that sounds very plausible because hotels do need hot water to fulfill the standards. Would you care to explain what hotel? Is it the one provided to the skaters or just a random hotel in graz that has no association with euros?

Edited: I got something mixed up because I got distracted and didn't read through my post again.

klena

On the Ice
'In a hotel' sure that sounds very plausible because hotels don't need hot water as a standard. Would you care to explain what hotel? Is it the one provided to the skaters or just a random hotel in graz that has no association with euros?

Denis Khodykin about the conditions in which the Russian national team lives in Graz.

"There is no hot water supply in the official hotel where the Russian national team lives. That's why our team can't wash and goes dirty"

Fluture

Record Breaker
So, I‘m at the arena. Ice resurfacing. The venue looks ugly from the outside (and some areas on the inside) but the ice quality seems good. I also haven‘t found the infamous potato field yet to be honest. :laugh:

klena

On the Ice
Tatyana Tarasova told about the conditions in which the European figure skating championship is held in Graz, Austria.

"This is literally a blown tent, where the air does not circulate – we will see how athletes will skate in such conditions.

Raphael Arutyunyan wrote that "non-professionals manage professionals", and I completely agree with him. When conducting competitions in such conditions, the organizers do not think about athletes and belittle the status of the most important international start.

In Sochi-2014, we were responsible for each object, we understood that everything must be done in accordance with the concept of "accessible environment", and today we do not commission any object without it.

Everything should be accessible to people with disabilities, and it's not about me or my limp. We are criticized and bowed in different ways, but today the European championship is held in a real barn.

You can't do it – give it to Russia, and you don't have to invent anything. There will be fans and decent coverage.

It is not clear how to get into commentator positions and how to work there. I don't think we should belittle such great competitions as the European championship. I participated in it many times, my athletes skated as much as they won them.

Of course, there are questions for the International skating Union and the organizing Committee, but they will most likely say that they are athletes. Well, then make them a normal environment, convenient buses, " Tarasova said.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Albus, they just played a Russian advertisement on the official screen. So, there you go. Russian language in Austria. Hope you‘re happy now. :laugh:

McBibus

On the Ice
Ehm, nope, not enough. The biggest language in Europe is Russian. And there shouldn't be a problem to use Russian first and foremost. People said there are literally no signs in Russian even inside the arena. How they shall know where is the entry way? Almost half of all skaters use russian internationally, half of Europe speaks Russian as their first or second language. This is the basic need of every international event in europe. Poor infrastructure indeed. Belarus was much better.
Yes, skaters can't wash in 2020 in Austria with hot water. In winter time. Denis Hodîkin said about it. Is it a luxury there, like Russian language signs?

Skaters are not idiots and they travel a lot. They should have no problems.

It's true that many EU citizen speak Russian, but english is a kind of "lingua franca" over the world, basically because it's very simple compared to any other largely diffused language (the grammar especially) so for signs you usually double the local tongue with english.
(example in Italy you may find USCITA - EXIT signs in venues for international events)

Hot Water is a real problem.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Tatyana Tarasova told about the conditions in which the European figure skating championship is held in Graz, Austria.

"This is literally a blown tent, where the air does not circulate – we will see how athletes will skate in such conditions.

Raphael Arutyunyan wrote that "non-professionals manage professionals", and I completely agree with him. When conducting competitions in such conditions, the organizers do not think about athletes and belittle the status of the most important international start.

In Sochi-2014, we were responsible for each object, we understood that everything must be done in accordance with the concept of "accessible environment", and today we do not give up any object without it.

Everything should be accessible to people with disabilities, and it's not about me or my limp. We are criticized and bowed in different ways, but today the European championship is held in a real barn.

You can't do it – give it to Russia, and you don't have to invent anything. There will be fans and decent coverage.

It is not clear how to get into commentator positions and how to work there. I don't think we should belittle such great competitions as the European championship. I participated in it many times, my athletes skated as much as they won them.

Of course, there are questions for the International skating Union and the organizing Committee, but they will most likely say that they are athletes. Well, then make them a normal environment, convenient buses, " Tarasova said.

For once I support Tarasova.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Wow just wow
I'm pretty much sure that there is a list of humanitarian basic needs according to the UN and hot water is on top of this list. Beyond any associations.
Fun fact, do you know how "Graz" sounds in the biggest European language?
Sorry I mixed up words here bc I got distracted and didn't read it through again. I meant to say that hotels need hot water to fulfill the standards

katymay

Medalist
Denis Khodykin about the conditions in which the Russian national team lives in Graz.

"There is no hot water supply in the official hotel where the Russian national team lives. That's why our team can't wash and goes dirty"

Honestly, that is horrible.

SXTN

Final Flight

Troll

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Ehm, nope, not enough. The biggest language in Europe is Russian. And there shouldn't be a problem to use Russian first and foremost. People said there are literally no signs in Russian even inside the arena. How they shall know where is the entry way? Almost half of all skaters use russian internationally, half of Europe speaks Russian as their first or second language. This is the basic need of every international event in europe. Poor infrastructure indeed. Belarus was much better.
Yes, skaters can't wash in 2020 in Austria with hot water. In winter time. Denis Hodîkin said about it. Is it a luxury there, like Russian language signs?

You cannot be serious :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Btw I am Polish, don't speak russian, don't care for russian, almost none of my friends speak russian. So there. English is always the best choice for any event :)

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
It's obviously a defect in his room. He can go to the hotel reception and ask for another room. And it's only the sink, not the shower or bathtub.

No, it's not. There's no hot water in any of the rooms where the Russian team is staying, for instance - the hotel has provided a single room that has hot water, and it's a 7 min walk from their rooms.

SXTN

Final Flight
No, it's not. There's no hot water in any of the rooms where the Russian team is staying, for instance - the hotel has provided a single room that has hot water, and it's a 7 min walk from their rooms.

I doubt that. I checked the google reviews for this particular hotel and everything seems fine. If there's no hot water at all, it must be a temporary defect that is of course unfortunate. But as a hotel guest you can reduce the price or ask for alternatives.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I doubt that. I checked the google reviews for this particular hotel and everything seems fine. If there's no hot water at all, it must be a temporary defect that is of course unfortunate. But as a hotel guest you can reduce the price or ask for alternatives.

Those unfortunate defects are somehow piling up.