2019 Russian Nationals: Men's Pre-Game Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019 Russian Nationals: Men's Pre-Game Chat

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Then Liza and Mr. Liza get a RusFed paid trip to Euros! Very romantic.
and very affordable :biggrin:

I thought Gumennik could be a spoiler.
or at the very least one of the cleanest

Wow, Petr not in there is really a blow. I also thought that he could shake things up a bit...

Coming back to Sergei: I don't think he'll be the champion (even without fed intervention, but I'll keep my fingers crossed), but as long as he doesn't completely bomb, I really believe he deserves a stab at Euros, given that he medalled at both GPs and was the only Russian man to make the final! Russia has three spots to fill, so why not him? :party:
Samarin actually would deserve the championship and the ticket to Minsk. He doesn't blow me away, but at least he was fairly consistent as well.

let's hope sergei performs well and don't bomb :pray: i don't like samarin either but at this point he looks like the best shot for a podium finish for russia in minsk

Just a respiratory infection, nothing serious. They decided Senior Nationals are not important enough for him this season to compete sick.

Edit: bronchitis, actually.

poor gumennik! that sounds pretty serious, i hope he gets well soon.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Can they reschedule this whole thing, please? Misha is STILL trying to compete, but apparently he didn’t look good at practice and his coach said “Hard to say, the competition will show” when asked how he was feeling.

I hope Sergei’s injury isn’t too serious!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Golden Skate @goldenskate

Head judge Sergei Kononykhin specified at opening press conference that #SergeiVoronov yesterday injured ligaments in his left knee

That doesn't sound good. :(

rachno2

Record Breaker
Golden Skate @goldenskate

Head judge Sergei Kononykhin specified at opening press conference that #SergeiVoronov yesterday injured ligaments in his left knee

That doesn't sound good. :(

Poor Sergei :( he has the worst luck at Nationals, seriously

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Whoever joked that Kovtun still cursed the ice: your ideas are intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter....

Metis

Record Breaker
At this rate, I'm going to be the Russian men's champ.

I’m imagining a podium in which first is someone with a boot lodged in their skull but able to stand upright, second is on crutches, and third is in a wheelchair. >.<

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Very disappointing to hear Voronov has had to withdraw. I am a fan of his but no so much his programmes this season. Being honest I think he would have struggled to make the Euros team. It doesn’t sound like Kolyada is fully recovered, in that case I hope he withdraws. Im sure the coaches council would add him to the team.

I think gold is a battle between Samarin and Kovtun. I’m not a Kovtun fan, he has been given so many chances and has a terrible attitude but he has fought his way here. Not a fan of Samarin’s programme, they are very empty but if he lands everything he will be hard to beat. I would like to see Lazukin and Shulepov skate very well.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Anyone have the skating order?
The RU links never work for me.

Metis

Record Breaker
Like the Olympics? Or Rostelecom? (Was that in Sochi, I wasn't paying attention :laugh:)

The Olympics! I think we need to let Sochi go as the most disastrous men’s comp ever.

On the one hand, we’ve had more 3As landed here than Patrick Chan managed in his entire career. On the other hand... at least Yuzu completed his -1Eu-3S sequence, even if the 3S was invalidated.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Olympics! I think we need to let Sochi go as the most disastrous men’s comp ever.

On the one hand, we’ve had more 3As landed here than Patrick Chan managed in his entire career. On the other hand... at least Yuzu completed his -1Eu-3S sequence, even if the 3S was invalidated.

Aww. I never did watch the men's event (as a Plushy tragic I was in mourning).

Poor Chiddy, he never could land those 3As...

Metis

Record Breaker
Aww. I never did watch the men's event (as a Plushy tragic I was in mourning).

Poor Chiddy, he never could land those 3As...

The Sochi men are the standard for Worst. Men’s. Competition. Ever. At least until WC18. I am still traumatized by that final group for the free — Shoma fell twice, Kolyada fell twice, Boyang fell five times, Zhou fell three times, Keegan fell once, and only Nathan stayed upright. :slink:

This is definitely WC18 territory. At least the early groups were good at Worlds! It was just the final group that was an epic disaster.