2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
NO. NO. NO.

It specifically says in the forum rules.

Note: Please do not create threads for skaters until they reach the junior competitive age of 13. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998 is a United States federal law (15 U.S.C. §§ 6501–6506) created to protect the privacy of children under 13. This includes posting links to videos and images to children under the age of 13.”

Note: I’m not trying to attack the OP, I‘m just saying for everyone’s sake, that doing so could technically be considered illegal. JUST BE CAREFUL.

(I’m not angry, and while it might come across that way, I just wanted to warn everyone so that no one gets into trouble.)
Simple answer, I'm not an American, don't live in the US and I do not consider myself to be a subject of the US internal law. No offence intended, but this is an international forum. After all I don't understand how such rules are applied, if this oddness with an 11 y.o. child is allowed as an official media content, why simple competition talks without any offence, harsh talk or anything reasonably concerning should "get anyone into the trouble".

Vemvane

On the Ice
Simple answer, I'm not an American, don't live in the US and I do not consider myself to be a subject of the US internal law. No offence intended, but this is an international forum. After all I don't understand how such rules are applied, if this oddness with an 11 y.o. child is allowed as an official media content, why simple competition talks without any offence, harsh talk or anything reasonably concerning should "get anyone into the trouble".
I could be wrong, but I believe the forum itself is subject to US law, despite having international posters, hence the prohibition of fanfests for skaters under the age of 13. Not a lawyer, though, and certainly don't know how the law is applied.

Personally, I feel a bit weird evaluating the prospects of these itty bitty children, so I tend not to engage in discussions about them. For my part, I'm happy to wait until they make junior test skates to discover they exist. That said, I have certainly seen videos of novice level skaters, whether shared here or on other social media platforms. So, leaving aside the question of US law and how it applies to this forum, I imagine it depends on personal choice, and even then is something of a grey area for me. Generally not interested, but may watch the occasional video of a video outstanding for cuteness or exceptional performance or something to that effect.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I understand that you are not American/don‘t live in the US, but these are forum guidelines.
Since I’m not a lawyer, I think we should just not argue about this and just be careful, and we should be fine.
My previous post was just some advice, but I don’t want to get into a debate about this.

Minz

Medalist
Country
United-States
You insist on undefendable position. Losing a jump is not a question of whether you make a mistake in a moment, but whether you are not able to jump it. Any skater doing a mistake in a competition would then just lose a jump.

And it is 4F+3T. Take it easy, sometimes you are simply wrong.
Yes. People make mistakes. Ice is slippery. Even the greatest skaters of all time make mistakes and the next day do the jump perfectly. I don’t think that in a time span of 24 hours you can loose a jump then get it back. I’d just consider that an off day.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
How so? She tried to do only one quad at WC and WTT, both attempts failed. Actually, the fact is that she lost her quads.
Really?

Has Sasha lost her 4S and her 4T? Is her 4Lz getting worse? She did 4 4Lz in her last two appearances, landing only one cleanly.

Did Liza lose her 3A all the times she's landed it with a step out/spin out?? She did that ALL season in the leadup to World's.

If your answer is no to the above, then..

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I could be wrong, but I believe the forum itself is subject to US law, despite having international posters, hence the prohibition of fanfests for skaters under the age of 13. Not a lawyer, though, and certainly don't know how the law is applied.

Personally, I feel a bit weird evaluating the prospects of these itty bitty children, so I tend not to engage in discussions about them. For my part, I'm happy to wait until they make junior test skates to discover they exist. That said, I have certainly seen videos of novice level skaters, whether shared here or on other social media platforms. So, leaving aside the question of US law and how it applies to this forum, I imagine it depends on personal choice, and even then is something of a grey area for me. Generally not interested, but may watch the occasional video of a video outstanding for cuteness or exceptional performance or something to that effect.
I understand that perfectly, but I have to simply repell the unacceptable threat about the "getting into the trouble". This part is actually what I was responding to. I have some integrity and pride about my origin, my country and my independence and can't tolerate this.

I understand that you are not American/don‘t live in the US, but these are forum guidelines.
Since I’m not a lawyer, I think we should just not argue about this and just be careful, and we should be fine.
My previous post was just some advice, but I don’t want to get into a debate about this.

Sorry if I was harsh, but esp. in those days I value the independence even from the countries that are officially our allies the most. I can be a partner, not a subordinate.

Now, about the law basis. I have read those regulations and I should remind that it concerns gaining personal information without consent, that are not necessary for the purpose (like of taking place in the competition etc.). I have to remind that before the competition there is always a form that is obtainable from an official side that includes the agreement to provide necessary personal information for the purpose of taking part in the competition and of course the content with it being recorded and published. For which I am in a good faith (which is the term also used in those regulations) of not doing anything concerning or unlawful even from the perspective of the US regulations.

I would like to add that I was never intending to cross the guidelines about creating fanfests for the children under 13.

Last edited:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Just one correction, it was season best, not personal best, that remains 162.65 from GPF 2019. Though yes, that was with two clean quads (and one fall), today Anna reached nearly the same score with one quad with a step-out (the "Anna step-out" that looks nearly like a part of the choreo :biggrin: ). I just wonder what her score would be if she performed on the level of the Russian nationals (and still hope Anna will deliver much more such skates).
The combined total is a PB. Her PB from last season was GPF 240.92. Here she scored 241.65. And it's already up on the ISU's season's best list.

Last edited:

Minz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I understand that perfectly, but I have to simply repell the unacceptable threat about the "getting into the trouble". This part is actually what I was responding to. I have some integrity and pride about my origin, my country and my independence and can't tolerate this.
It was not intended to be a threat and I apologize if it came off this way. I have nothing against your pride, orgin, country, or independence. I was simply saying to be careful, because especially with children that young, people can get upset, and the last thing anyone wants is for someone to file a crazy lawsuit against GS. I don’t really know if that could happen, I just like to be careful with stuff like this. Again, I don’t want an argument or debate here. I just like to err on the side of caution.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It was not intended to be a threat and I apologize if it came off this way. I have nothing against your pride, orgin, country, or independence. I was simply saying to be careful, because especially with children that young, people can get upset, and the last thing anyone wants is for someone to file a crazy lawsuit against GS. I don’t really know if that could happen, I just like to be careful with stuff like this. Again, I don’t want an argument or debate here. I just like to err on the side of caution.
Explanation accepted and I promise I definitely don't want to cause any trouble to this forum or anyone here.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
I'm not going to take much stock in "losing" jumps in a season that has been riddled with injures and illnesses in which NO ONE was in top condition all year. Really the way ALL (yes ALL) the Russian ladies (and other disciplines but this is the ladies thread) have performed ALL season in spite of everything is nothing short of admirable and a testament to their talent and drive. (Although, in some cases I wish they were protected much more, healthwise.) However, I think ALL of them have been successful in overcoming challenges this year and I look forward to seeing what they do next year. NONE are perfect, ALL of them have some weakness or another but they also ALL have their own strengths and they're just soo talented and should be commended.

Minz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Explanation accepted and I promise I definitely don't want to cause any trouble to this forum or anyone here.
I don’t think you do. But I know that a few seemingly innocent words can end up causing a mess. This goes for everyone, ever. Sometimes we forget that. I don’t think that you, me or anyone else on this forum would intentionally cause trouble.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
The first attempt is under, the second video is 3F-3T (and I'm not talking about the fact that this is just a training session, in this case Liza can do quads too)
It doesn't matter if it's under or not. As long as you stand up on it. Today Anna's quad wasn't the best. Four judges gave it GOE -3, one judge -2 (the Russian), and two judges 0 (Poland and Japan). Total score of 8.58. That's a win as it replaces a double jump worth 1+ points. So I don't understand your point.

Tonight's the Night

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Wait, I just want to make sure: are we really not supposed to post links even to *official performances*, which have already been posted publicly on youtube? I don't want any of us to break the rules of the forum (the question of law aside).

Minz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wait, I just want to make sure: are we really not supposed to post links even to *official performances*, which have already been posted publicly on youtube? I don't want any of us to break the rules of the forum (the question of law aside).
100% Technically, by the rules of this forum, according to the guidelines, if the person in question is under the age of 13, then you should not be posting photo/videos of them here. (If we strictly go by the forum guidelines, regardless of what has been allowed in the past/the law)

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
As this season comes to an end I have to say that Anna has grown on me a lot.

I have been 100% Alyona psychofan last season, and this season I was cheering on Sasha and Liza and low-key hoping that Sasha defeates Anna someway somehow.

But, that girl works sooo hard and I admire her nerves of steel. She is very smooth on the ice and interprets beautifully. Her jumps were always quite low and that makes them look more controlled, she always has beautiful flow.

So yeap looks like I'm cheering for all Russian Ladies all the same now.

Last edited:

GBs mom

Rinkside
What were some of the biggest surprises of the season for everyone? For me, Liza's improvement was a highlight. Also, Kamila gaining a triple axel and quad salchow. I wasn't historically on the Kamila hype train, but wow, she really won me over this year.

Amei

Record Breaker
How so? She tried to do only one quad at WC and WTT, both attempts failed. Actually, the fact is that she lost her quads.

Well based on what Daniil said she was planning for 2 at WTT but decided to only go for 1, and while yes she didn't have perfect attempts at WC or WTT - she managed to hold it together enough to win both and while yes WTT is a group effort she placed first in her 'contribution' to the victory.

Pulling this from a response I had in another thread - I read on here that someone said at Worlds that Shcherbakova was still needing to modify training due to recovering from her illness. Below is a statement from Daniil after WTT (disclaimer this is via google translate), that seems to support that, I bolded the 2 points he made that stood out to me which says she is almost training full force and that her disease is finally letting go (which sounds to me like she's either not feeling the side effects any longer or they have lessened significantly).

Choreographer Daniil Gleichengauz @daniil_gleikhengauztold about the plans of figure skater Anna Shcherbakova for the Olympic season.

“I think the season ended on a great note, our team won the team World Cup for the first time. Congratulations to all the guys, coaches, federation - an excellent achievement. The performance itself was excellent, we won three out of four events.

Throughout the season, despite the difficulties with the coronavirus, thanks to our federation, we had competitions, experience, practice. Therefore, we were in such combat readiness for the World Cup and for the World Cup, it was difficult to compete with us.

We joked that Anya Shcherbakova is slowly gaining shape at the end of the season. In fact, she began to feel better - apparently, the disease is finally letting go. We went through the most difficult period and, I hope, we will be able to calmly prepare for the next season so that she can work the way she wants in full force.

She was preparing for the World Team Championship almost in full force. We wanted to go on two quads, started rolling it, but so far we decided that it is not necessary here - it is important to skate well.

We have already discussed that there is no question of performing in the Olympic season with one quadruple. We will try to show two, or maybe three, ”Gleichengauz said on the Ice Stream channel.

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
What were some of the biggest surprises of the season for everyone? For me, Liza's improvement was a highlight. Also, Kamila gaining a triple axel and quad salchow. I wasn't historically on the Kamila hype train, but wow, she really won me over this year.
Happiest surprises:
  • Liza medalling at Worlds and winning Rostelecom!! What a season and recovering from illness too
  • Kamila 4S - I was expecting a 3A actually but this was out of the blue, I always thought 3S was her worst jump actually but it’s a beautiful quad
  • Maia landing two quads! She’s a top-tier contender now, I think there’s a great argument she even should have won the RCF outright
  • Elizaveta Nugumanova having a bit of a comeback season herself, I hope she makes the reserve team next year
Saddest Surprises
  • Kostornaia’s whole situation, she went from OGM favorite to low chances of making the team even, just because she didn’t have someone in her life who could get her to stay with Eteri even if she was having difficulty restoring 3A. I’m sure Shcherbakova for example also has ups and downs with her coaches but she never thought about leaving them
  • Plushenko’s whole disastrous coaching - I actually liked Tarakanova’s performances the year she was at his school very much and was hoping he could stabilize Trusova and Zhilina in a similar way. But Trusova still struggles to land more than 2 quads in a competition and Zhilina had a disastrous year overall. They are both such talents going to waste
  • Gubanova, Tarakanova, Guliakova not capitalizing on the turnover at the top like Nugumanova and Frolova did. Actually guliakova medalled at Rostelecom but outside of that these three ladies could have gotten some very good rankings
  • My personal saddest surprise: Sinitsyna :( even with missing junior worlds medal last year I thought she had such momentum going into this year, even learned a 4T, but because of injury was never able to show it. I think she could have made worlds this year if healthy and medalled there but will be crowded out of the GP next year by the three new seniors + Medvedeva

Status
Not open for further replies.