2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 163 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
In accordance with the "decision of the Bureau of the Executive Committee of the Russian Federation of Outdoor Ice Skating, selection for the Russian Championship and the Russian Championship will be ONLY based on the results of participating in two stages of the Russian Cup:

18-22 September 2020 Syzran

10-13 October 2020 Moscow

23-27 October 2020 Sochi

08 November-12, 2020 Kazan

05 December-08, 2020 Moscow

In connection with the requirements of:: Rospotrebnadzor, admission to participation in the stages of the Russian Cup will be limited.

The country's skaters will be admitted to the 3rd stage of the Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix:

18 November-22, 2020 Moscow

The Russian Championship will be held in Chelyabinsk from 23 to 27 December 2020.
https://twitter.com/seed_unnie/status/1291353131582922752?s=20

If there are any translation errors please correct me.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Well, that’ll be interesting to see how they‘re going to distribute the skaters! Finally something to discuss now that we didn‘t get to do the traditional “who will get sent to which GP?“ thing.

What do you all think, will they try and send Kostornaya+Trusova and Zagitova+Shcherbakova (thus leaving Medvedeva+Tuktamysheva of the big 6) to the events to minimize the coaches‘ travel time? Or will they try to not have Aliona and Sasha at the same events since they were both among the three best skaters last season? Also, given that there only seem to be 5 events, it looks like at two of them, three skaters will have to meet. I really hope they‘re going to spread the wealth so that we don‘t end up having one event with, like, Zhenya, Aliona, Sasha, Alina or something. Also, will junior skaters be allowed to participate (since they often compete at Senior Nats), thus make qualification for the seniors harder?

:think:

ruga

Final Flight
Well, that’ll be interesting to see how they‘re going to distribute the skaters! Finally something to discuss now that we didn‘t get to do the traditional “who will get sent to which GP?“ thing.

What do you all think, will they try and send Kostornaya+Trusova and Zagitova+Shcherbakova (thus leaving Medvedeva+Tuktamysheva of the big 6) to the events to minimize the coaches‘ travel time? Or will they try to not have Aliona and Sasha at the same events since they were both among the three best skaters last season? Also, given that there only seem to be 5 events, it looks like at two of them, three skaters will have to meet. I really hope they‘re going to spread the wealth so that we don‘t end up having one event with, like, Zhenya, Aliona, Sasha, Alina or something. Also, will junior skaters be allowed to participate (since they often compete at Senior Nats), thus make qualification for the seniors harder?

:think:
Is Russian Cup self-assigned or is it distributed by the federation? If the former, then I believe Plushenko will try to separate Aliona and Sasha and Eteri will try to avoid putting Anna with either of them (but there are 5 events so 2 of the 3A are bound too meet anyway). Others will probably pick a field which is not too crowded.

Really hope juniors (Kamila, Maiia, Daria) are included! Considering that they missed JGP and will turn senior next season, senior competition would be a great experience for them. Also, they're age eligible for Nats, so Cup is the only way to qualify.

I wonder if Evgenia will return to Canada before Nationals. Maybe leaving Russia just for a chance to compete in an easier GP stage isn't worth it.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I wonder if Evgenia will return to Canada before Nationals. Maybe leaving Russia just for a chance to compete in an easier GP stage isn't worth it.

She can't, every skater has to attend two Russian Cups and Rostelecom Cup from the information provided.

macy

Record Breaker
She can't, every skater has to attend two Russian Cups and Rostelecom Cup from the information provided.

this will be really interesting for her. if she can't return to Canada at all until at least January after nationals, what is the best option for her with coaching? will it actually be worth her time to entertain a permanent switch or will she keep training in Buyanova's group and take virtual lessons with Brian for that long? and that's probably best case scenario, since we don't know what the situation with covid and borders will be by then. that's another 5 months.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
this will be really interesting for her. if she can't return to Canada at all until at least January after nationals, what is the best option for her with coaching? will it actually be worth her time to entertain a permanent switch or will she keep training in Buyanova's group and take virtual lessons with Brian for that long? and that's probably best case scenario, since we don't know what the situation with covid and borders will be by then. that's another 5 months.
But i think she isnt the only one from brians skaters thats not in canada right now. I think neither yuzuru nor jun are in canada at the moment or have they gone to canada?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
But i think she isnt the only one from brians skaters thats not in canada right now. I think neither yuzuru nor jun are in canada at the moment or have they gone to canada?

Both Jun and Yuzuru are not in Canada. Katia is also still in Europe

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Both Jun and Yuzuru are not in Canada
So zhenya definitely isnt the only one in that situation right now. And she has all the help where she is right now that she can get, i mean buyanova and tarasova and brian per skypevideo chat. And from what we heard from her she seems to be calm about it too. So all we can do , for any skater is wait and see what will happen.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The message says ONLY Russian Cup results be counted for the selection for RN. The Rostelecom cup is not in those.
I did not say anything about RN??? I said skaters i.e. Zhenya has to attend two stages and Rostelecom Cup, I did not say anywhere in the message you quoted that one has to attend all three to qualify for RN. I know that the qualifications for RN are the two stages. Sorry, if that came across differently in my message.

zounger

Medalist
I did not say anything about RN??? I said skaters i.e. Zhenya has to attend two stages and Rostelecom Cup, I did not say anywhere in the message you quoted that one has to attend all three to qualify for RN. I know that the qualifications for RN are the two stages. Sorry, if that came across differently in my message.

Where in the message is the part skaters "has to" participate in Rostelecom Cup?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Leg kick just after a landing a jump, plenty of typical transitions, it's 1:1 copy if you ask me :biggrin:
Or maybe, a blasphemy for some ears, it's "very Danny G choreo" :devil:

Leg quicks after jumps and unique and crazy transitions have existed long before Dany G. Some ladies already had crazy transitions in the 90s although not as crammed. Nancy was known for her unique transitions i.e. arabesque spiral into 2A (something Daria loves to do), one legged squat into Lutz, spread eagle into 3T, spread eagle into 2A. Kristi Yamaguchi was also known for doing transitions in or out of her jumps and spins, often times did a Russian split or half split into her jumps, back bend into 3Loop, one legged turns or knee lung after jumps.
Ina Bauer into 2A was known as Yuna's unique transition before Alena became known for it. Yuzuru loves to do a leg kick after his Axels and the transition has existed long before that. Just because Dany G loves to do so many transitions into his programs does not mean he invented them. I have seen then all in the past few decades of skating. Even Alysa Liu did many transitions as a novice skater (even when she was 9 years old) before it was famously known as Eteri/Dany G's style yet some people love to say she copies them. Mie Hamada's students always had many transitions. Marin was famous for her Charlotte into jumps like Charlotte into Lutz before Alina became famous for doing Charlottes into jump. If you watch a lot of 90s skating especially ladies you know where Dany G or many others got their ideas for transitions from :)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Leg quicks after jumps and unique and crazy transitions have existed long before Dany G. Some ladies already had crazy transitions in the 90s although not as crammed. Nancy was known for her unique transitions i.e. arabesque spiral into 2A (something Daria loves to do), one legged squat into Lutz, spread eagle into 3T, spread eagle into 2A. Kristi Yamaguchi was also known for doing transitions in or out of her jumps and spins, often times did a Russian split or half split into her jumps, back bend into 3Loop, one legged turns or knee lung after jumps.
Ina Bauer into 2A was known as Yuna's unique transition before Alena became known for it. Yuzuru loves to do a leg kick after his Axels and the transition has existed long before that. Just because Dany G loves to do so many transitions into his programs does not mean he invented them. I have seen then all in the past few decades of skating. Even Alysa Liu did many transitions as a novice skater (even when she was 9 years old) before it was famously known as Eteri/Dany G's style yet some people love to say she copies them. Mie Hamada's students always had many transitions. Marin was famous for her Charlotte into jumps like Charlotte into Lutz before Alina became famous for doing Charlottes into jump. If you watch a lot of 90s skating especially ladies you know where Dany G or many others got their ideas for transitions from :)

I don’t think he meant that Danny G invented leg kicks, just that that part of the choreo including other parts gave off Danny G feel?
Haha, I don’t know if it’s the same style, I think what I like about Sofia’s choreo is that it’s quite dynamic :) Probably that’s the resemblance to what Danny G does.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Where in the message is the part skaters "has to" participate in Rostelecom Cup?

"The country's skaters will be admitted to the 3rd stage of the Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix"
I interpreted that as: Skaters (who are eligible for the GP) will attend Rostelecom Cup (like the ISU suggested in their announcement). If I misunderstood it and read it wrong due to my horrid google translation I am sorry.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I don’t think he meant that Danny G invented leg kicks, just that that part of the choreo including other parts gave off Danny G feel?
Haha, I don’t know if it’s the same style, I think what I like about Sofia’s choreo is that it’s quite dynamic :) Probably that’s the resemblance to what Danny G does.
Ok, sorry if I misunderstood. To me the program gave off more of a Liza style or even Sandra Bezic style to be honest. With all that Jazzy arm choreo haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.