2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 462 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Because they don't know the distinction between those two terms. Note how the person you quoted outright says they don't think Trusova wrote it :)
I originally thought it was an autobiography as TSL called it an autobiography and that got me very confused as I didn't know where Trusova got time to write it...

Magill

Record Breaker
According the Russian boards, it seems this author Yelena Zotova is just another tool in Rudkovskaya's PR ambitions. A 'professional' writer who can be asked to write a book about almost anything.

I've interpreted some more fragments on Trusova's page and they sound almost the same as the previous interpretations of published material I've done with Aleksandra's interviews. It is very one sided, and hardly a critical biography, but that's probably not its intended purpose.

Cash in on your reputation while still at its peak, since it is 'here today, gone tomorrow'.

Also, Zotova on her social media parrots all the bull on Trusova being misjudged and made quite a lot more unsavoury statements about Tutberidze etc without having any clue, never been to a training, showing her to be just as prejudiced as Korpii for instance.

When the book has nice photos it will sell well to its intended audience, i.e. figure skating girls, I presume.
Even if, so what? There are millions of such bios of teenage stars written for their fans and available in any bookstore in the world. Mainly on child actors, as they appeal to the biggest audiences. Any Disney star has one or two. Any HP star had one. Parents buy it for their children for entertainment and motivation, as Mathman smartly explained a few pages ago. They are expected to contain the basic bio details, a nice story, a couple of anectodes and cute photos. Nothing more is expected of them and nobody discusses them seriously as they belong to a different genre than "critical bios", which are typically written on adults, and NOT on children.
If anything, it just confirms Sasha's "star status", and that's all.

Magill

Record Breaker
I originally thought it was an autobiography as TSL called it an autobiography and that got me very confused as I didn't know where Trusova got time to write it...
Celebs autobiographies are ususally ghost-written anyway.... :) But this is not the case, it does not give Sasha's name as the author.

Magill

Record Breaker
How did Kostornaya end up with SLB in the first place? Plyushchenko loudly promised us the best Bolshoi choreographers, didn't he?
Then there are Ilinykh and Rozanov on his payroll, both surely capable of staging to Kostornaya's desires, if she'd expressed any?
I would also assume, through Rudkovskaya's contacts in the entertainment industry, getting good programs staged will not be a problem.

He leniently gave in to Kostornaya? To indulge her after the transition, that still has her in limbo between two systems?
As far as I remember, he promised Bolshoy ballet instructors and best foreign choreographers, so it seems he keeps his word at least on the latter :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Now the question arises, will there be a series if these books are commissioned and written so easily? Kostornaya's next?

Best no autograph sessions under the current pandemic at Rostelekom, that's my final comment on this book.

Novalis

Record Breaker
Now the question arises, will there be a series if these books are commissioned and written so easily? Kostornaya's next?

Best no autograph sessions under the current pandemic at Rostelekom, that's my final comment on this book.
Oh yeah! Now I'm starting to like the idea of half propagandist Kamila Valieva biography: "From the Slums of Kazan to the Shining Lights of Beijing".

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh yeah! Now I'm starting to like the idea of half propagandist Kamila Valieva biography: "From the Slums of Kazan to the Shining Lights of Beijing".
Oh come on, don't you think this is getting all blown out of proportion?

Propaganda now? It's a biography about a young girl who through grit and determination has pushed the sport forward by consistently landing a wide range of quad jumps.

Miki Ando, great skater though she was landed a quad salchow once over 15 years ago. It's not untrue or propaganda to say Sasha's quads have had a huge impact.

With the opening of the coach thread I hoped this thread would become more friendly, but no. I have no doubt if Anna Scherbakova or indeed Kamila had a biography written on them certain people here would be first in line to buy it.

Novalis

Record Breaker

Propaganda now? It's a biography about a young girl who through grit and determination has pushed the sport forward by consistently landing a wide range of quad jumps.

Miki Ando, great skater though she was landed a quad salchow once over 15 years ago. It's not untrue or propaganda to say Sasha's quads have had a huge impact.

With the opening of the coach thread I hoped this thread would become more friendly, but no. I have no doubt if Anna Scherbakova or indeed Kamila had a biography written on them certain people here would be first in line to buy it.
I'm only joking. I have nothing against this biography. I'm half interested in it myself

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
small excerpt from today's interview with Tamara Moskvina:

Tamara Moskvina spoke about judging in figure skating.

At the second stage of the Russian Cup in Moscow, where Yevgeniy Plyushchenko's students Aleksandra Trusova and Stanislava Konstantinova, as well as Kamila Valiyeva and Dar'ya Usachyova from Eteri Tutberidze's group participated, the fans booed the judges during the short program for women

- Did you follow the last stage of the Russian Figure Skating Cup, where these groups met? And a lot of questions arose around the judging.
-- In figure skating they talk about refereeing since the inception of the sport, when referees appeared in it.

- But we now have biased refereeing, is there such a problem?
-- It depends on what "problem" means. If you open the news about the past Olympics, then at every competition, every type of question. There are no objective assessment criteria, and this is normal. It's like with girls - some like blondes, some with a sense of humour, and others - very smart ones. And how do you distribute the weights over these criteria?

Yes, the factor of a more eminent coach plays a role in judging. A collective can be drawn from only one city. But these are trifles.
The strongest, if he is really the strongest, will win.

- But the reaction of the public, even at times their whistling, isn't that a call? This is something new after all.
-- Earlier there were no drums, banners, rattles. No noises at all. Was it a whistle of approval? If it is necessary to talk about dishonest judging, maybe conduct some kind of investigation. Just make a recording. But I say this: in order to win, you have to be a cut above the other, despite the preferences of the judges. Make it so that they cannot do you anything, even if they want to. The ISU rules allow it, they still contain a lot of mathematics."

This is Sport Express asking the questions and Kuznetsov long ago lost his impartiallity. Kudos to the sly Moskvina :)

And the boo-ing and whistling and shouts of "Shame" at the judges and "Fall!" at Valiyeva and Usachyova have been sourced back to a tiny gang of 'plushyfans' in their sector. They were even shown on TV. Stewards approached them and demanded an explanation as to why this ruckus. Kuznetsov interviewed one in front of the exit. Have they been given free tickets by some? And was their PR point made?

Magill

Record Breaker

... and, no doubt, would praise it here :biggrin:

Magill

Record Breaker
small excerpt from today's interview with Tamara Moskvina:

Tamara Moskvina spoke about judging in figure skating.

At the second stage of the Russian Cup in Moscow, where Yevgeniy Plyushchenko's students Aleksandra Trusova and Stanislava Konstantinova, as well as Kamila Valiyeva and Dar'ya Usachyova from Eteri Tutberidze's group participated, the fans booed the judges during the short program for women

- Did you follow the last stage of the Russian Figure Skating Cup, where these groups met? And a lot of questions arose around the judging.
-- In figure skating they talk about refereeing since the inception of the sport, when referees appeared in it.

- But we now have biased refereeing, is there such a problem?
-- It depends on what "problem" means. If you open the news about the past Olympics, then at every competition, every type of question. There are no objective assessment criteria, and this is normal. It's like with girls - some like blondes, some with a sense of humour, and others - very smart ones. And how do you distribute the weights over these criteria?

Yes, the factor of a more eminent coach plays a role in judging. A collective can be drawn from only one city. But these are trifles.
The strongest, if he is really the strongest, will win.

- But the reaction of the public, even at times their whistling, isn't that a call? This is something new after all.
-- Earlier there were no drums, banners, rattles. No noises at all. Was it a whistle of approval? If it is necessary to talk about dishonest judging, maybe conduct some kind of investigation. Just make a recording. But I say this: in order to win, you have to be a cut above the other, despite the preferences of the judges. Make it so that they cannot do you anything, even if they want to. The ISU rules allow it, they still contain a lot of mathematics."

This is Sport Express asking the questions and Kuznetsov long ago lost his impartiallity. Kudos to the sly Moskvina :)

And the boo-ing and whistling and shouts of "Shame" at the judges and "Fall!" at Valiyeva and Usachyova have been sourced back to a tiny gang of 'plushyfans' in their sector. They were even shown on TV. Stewards approached them and demanded an explanation as to why this ruckus. Kuznetsov interviewed one in front of the exit. Have they been given free tickets by some? And was their PR point made?
Just to keep to the facts, as far as I remember, the one interviewed in front of the exit actually complained about the men's competition scoring, didn't she?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
No, there was more, just listen carefully. She was part of that tiny gang and excused herself on their behaviour even.

A policeman approaching her straight away, with such an innocent sign, shows how tense a society Russia is when it comes to freedom of demonstration ....

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Medalist
For any classical music lovers, I thought about the best Chopin nocturne that fits the Russian ladies.
  1. Zhenya - Op. 48 No. 1 (one of my favorite ones. Probably the one that shows the most range in emotion and control of dynamics, which Zhenya does well in her skating.)
  2. Anna - Op. 9 No. 2 or Op. 32 No. 1 (the first one because it is probably one of the lightest and soft pieces, and Anya skated to it 17/18 season too. Second one because it sounds very fairylike and elegant in the beginning, but delves into darker and more dramatic areas towards the end, also shows the scale of her emoting abilities)
  3. Alena - Op. 27 No. 2 or Op. 15 No. 1 or Op. 9 No. 1 (couldn't choose because all of my underrated favorites seem to remind me of her. The first one is also one of my favorites. This one shows more of the elegant, beautiful and just picturesque sides of Chopin, reminds me of Alena's Angel program or Stella's Theme. Second one and third one both have much more range, and command much more power and speed.)
  4. Sasha - Op. 37 No. 2 (I had a difficult time choosing this one, but it sounds mostly happy and the opening chord ascension sounds pretty upbeat. Well, as upbeat as his nocturnes get).
  5. Daria - Op. 62 No. 1 (again, one of the more dramatic pieces. This one sounds more sorrowful and we know Dasha specializes in dramatic ballads about love and escaping).
  6. Kamila - Op. 15. No. 3 (one of the simpler pieces, however, it is still really beautiful and emotional. It reminds me of the Picasso program).
  7. Alina - Op. 32 No. 2 (my underrated favorite. It sounds like a waltz in disguise, and as Alina is one of the more regal skaters, it seemed to fit. I honestly couldn't think of much for Alina because her style is more like epic orchestral and none of Chopin's nocturnes stay on a high point althroughout).

Let Sasha dance for Saint-Saens's "Danse Makabre".
Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZBf9kIhuLI
All green dress like of Mildred Ratched.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anyway, 3rd Stage start lists are up: #24

Lots of unknown girls and women chasing after their KMS and MS distinctions, but overall not a strong field in the juniors I'd think.
A bit strange skaters like Vazhnova and Gushchina already left.

Sankt Peterburg vs Moscow in many disciplines and no unmasked nose like a willy over waistband and eyebrow gymnastics from behind the boards.

Given there will be no spectators, and very little press, will the use of masks now be properly enforced? Russia today booked another record number of infections, and a undetected spreader in figure skating can wreak havoc on the next stages. Or has everybody already had their shots of Sputnik-5 vaccine?

Last edited:

sparklestan

On the Ice
Sof'ya Akat'yeva not lagging behind:

padded shorts on her, hence the big bum

#тольковперед was stolen already

This is very impressive!!
Maybe it’s an unpopular opinion, but I personally don’t like the rippon quads and 3A. I wasn’t a fan when Samodelkina did it but I didn’t say anything because I thought it would be a one off; however, it seems it may be becoming a trend.
I’m not sure what my issue with them is, maybe they look more out of control to me, idk. I guess I prefer the more traditional rotating position on these big jumps.
I’m not trying to take away from Sofia’s achievement because she is obviously an incredible skater!!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
throwing your arms up instead of screwing them tight over your chest probably adds an extra lift?

It's a bit like asymmetric bars in gymnastics, where nobody now seems to be able to do a straight cast to handstand anymore, all casts are straddled on the upswing.

Last edited:

sparklestan

On the Ice
throwing your arms up instead of screwing them tight over your chest probably adds an extra lift?
Yeah that’s very likely. Plus these girls are probably very comfortable with rippons after doing them on triples for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.